Audeze LCD-X
May 3, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #7,846 of 12,748
I received the carbon fiber headphone today, and so far I haven't had any comfort issues or hotspot issues. Ordered directly from Audeze.

Looks a lot better than my old solution too! I say its well worth the $200 if you want it to look good and still be comfortable.

However, if you don't care about style and just want something comfortable. I was using a wool knitted cover for the stock headband. You can find these for $9.44 on amazon here. These are extremely comfortable but don't look at nice. Especially from the back since there are buttons.

Another option is getting the AKG 2058Z0902 headband pad here. I personally haven't tried this yet, but its a $20 solution.

May 3, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #7,847 of 12,748
  I received the carbon fiber headphone today, and so far I haven't had any comfort issues or hotspot issues. Ordered directly from Audeze.

Looks a lot better than my old solution too! I say its well worth the $200 if you want it to look good and still be comfortable.

However, if you don't care about style and just want something comfortable. I was using a wool knitted cover for the stock headband. You can find these for $9.44 on amazon here. These are extremely comfortable but don't look at nice. Especially from the back since there are buttons.

Another option is getting the AKG 2058Z0902 headband pad here. I personally haven't tried this yet, but its a $20 solution.

Very nice. The carbon fiber looks really good on the LCD-X. IMO, it looks out of place on all the other Audeze cans that have the wood housing. Something about the close juxtaposition of carbon fiber and wood...

That knit cover is my solution for my K7XX. They do work well, but not the best aesthetics. I may give that AKG pad you mentioned a go for the K7XX.

I'm assuming "hot spot" is referring to the area on the headband that is causing the discomfort on your head. For me the carbon fiber has resolved all headband discomfort issues, but after a long session, the lateral pressure exerted by the carbon fiber gets a little uncomfortable. Luckily, it's nothing major and it occurs only after a long wear.

May 4, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #7,848 of 12,748
Does anyone know where to purchase just the assembly that holds the ear cups to the yoke? 

My headband is still perfectly fine however the part where it screws the to end of the yoke is a bit worse for wear and the screw keeps coming loose now.

May 4, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #7,849 of 12,748
Does anyone know where to purchase just the assembly that holds the ear cups to the yoke? 

My headband is still perfectly fine however the part where it screws the to end of the yoke is a bit worse for wear and the screw keeps coming loose now.

Are you looking for the silver rods with the screws on top? If do, Audeze sells the extended ones on they site under accessories. I'm sure if you contacted them they'd sell you the regular rods as well.

May 4, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #7,851 of 12,748
Are you looking for the silver rods with the screws on top? If do, Audeze sells the extended ones on they site under accessories. I'm sure if you contacted them they'd sell you the regular rods as well.

EDIT: After doing some searching it appears it is the Yokes that I am after (confused about naming). So just need the yokes without the yoke rods or headband.

May 10, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #7,854 of 12,748
Alright, I need to tell you all this.. It's rather embarrassing, and I hope nobody else makes the same mistake.

Ever since I received my LCD-Xs, I've been plugging the amplifier (O2+ODAC) into a power strip that is also connected to an extension cable(I know).. I've been having some problems with distortion and clipping in my music, so I started trying different things to fix it.. I eventually tried plugging my amp directly into the wall socket. Oooh boy.. Let me tell you, I now hear the Xs for the first time. Finally.

I can't believe I thought powering them from a power strip was a good idea. It's absolutely incredible how detrimental it was to the sound quality.

May 10, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #7,856 of 12,748
  On another note, does anyone know if Audeze is able to ship out the little dust-catcher insert thingies that're right behind the metal grills?

Yes.

Submit a ticket to the customer service rep and explain to them what you're requesting. If all goes well, Kim will handle your ticket and send you out a replacement set for free.

You might even receive an envelope with a set of Batman stickers. 

EDIT: I totally meant stamps. Though Batman stickers would be pretty rad...

May 11, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #7,857 of 12,748

I got the new headband last night. Damn the headband is light. Even in the delivery box it is lighter than the stock headband. So far, so good. I like it.

May 12, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #7,859 of 12,748
any owners having reliability issues? a local dealer has a few NOS early run LCDXes that are around 200$ less than the 2016 variants ... should I jump at the chance?

note my country offers warranty only, no refunds or returns

Users who are viewing this thread

Back