Audeze LCD-X
Feb 16, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #7,456 of 12,748
I just received my WA22 and my LCD-Xs today, still waiting on my DAC.  With that being said any WA22 owners with the LCD-X.  If so are you using the hi or low impedance setting?  I know these are low impedance HPs, just curious if anyone had a preference.  Low seems to be a lot better to me.

Feb 16, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #7,457 of 12,748
  I just received my WA22 and my LCD-Xs today, still waiting on my DAC.  With that being said any WA22 owners with the LCD-X.  If so are you using the hi or low impedance setting?  I know these are low impedance HPs, just curious if anyone had a preference.  Low seems to be a lot better to me.

Shouldn't matter too much actually as planar magnetic headphones are purely a resistive load and damping factor doesn't measure in too much with them. But having to pick one, I'd go with the Low Impedance setting.

Feb 16, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #7,459 of 12,748

Yeah. I've had both for a long time now. Always use low.

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #7,462 of 12,748
  My left driver died. 
frown.gif
 Have sent a mail to Audeze. How much do they charge to replace the driver ? Mine are around 2 years old.

My left driver died too...a couple of weeks a go...after exactly one year. 

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #7,466 of 12,748
Guys,need help! Does Audeze LCD X headphone shake a bit at very high volume while listening to some songs that have a lot of bass?

Yes. Mine does. And it's awesome.

Feb 19, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #7,469 of 12,748
Dude,sometimes I worry when it happens like that.I start to think I may be damaging the drivers.I bought mine a week ago.I am running it with Audeze Deckard amp.

Nah dude they're fine. LCD-Xs handle up to 4W no problem which is a hell of a lot more power than the Deckard or my WA7tp can produce. I too crank it up to earpad shaking levels sometimes with bass heavy electronic music. As long as you don't hear distortion, which I don't, the drivers aren't even stressing.

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #7,470 of 12,748
Nah dude they're fine. LCD-Xs handle up to 4W no problem which is a hell of a lot more power than the Deckard or my WA7tp can produce. I too crank it up to earpad shaking levels sometimes with bass heavy electronic music. As long as you don't hear distortion, which I don't, the drivers aren't even stressing.

Dad mode here:  Your ears are stressing!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back