Audeze LCD-X
Jul 6, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #6,691 of 12,748
  I should have said, fatiguing rather than cooked.  I just found the Angies less fatiguing over longer listening sessions.

I see. Thanks.

Jul 7, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #6,692 of 12,748
I finally decided to sell my LCD-X. I love it's sound but... not it's confort  
frown.gif
.  So, if someone is interested....

Brand New, the cables are still untouched in the scelled bad ! 

a Leather headband is offered.

I am based in Europe (belgium)

PS : I also sell my Eddie Curent EC445 tube amp.  A very nice dynamic Amp for the LCD-X !

Jul 8, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #6,694 of 12,748
Hi all,

Just put in my order for the LCD-X's a couple of days ago... $1529 on AudioGeeks during their 2-day sale :D Hoping that this will be a good step up from my PSB M4U1's driven directly from my Macbook Pro.

I've been looking up amp/DACs to use along with the LCD-X; after some researching, I found the iFi iDSD Micro... any thoughts on how this pairs with the LCD-X? I'm looking for $500 or less, so I wouldn't be able to go for the Hugo, Burson [blah], or Schiit Mjolnir/Gungnir.

Karthik

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #6,696 of 12,748
  Hi all,

Just put in my order for the LCD-X's a couple of days ago... $1529 on AudioGeeks during their 2-day sale :D Hoping that this will be a good step up from my PSB M4U1's driven directly from my Macbook Pro.

I've been looking up amp/DACs to use along with the LCD-X; after some researching, I found the iFi iDSD Micro... any thoughts on how this pairs with the LCD-X? I'm looking for $500 or less, so I wouldn't be able to go for the Hugo, Burson [blah], or Schiit Mjolnir/Gungnir.

Karthik

God choice, works well, if I recall I saw a video of Alex Rosson the CEO of Audeze raving about it to Mike Mercer at a meet earlier this year. They have a nice upgrade path within their line also so you will be able to retain your original investment.

Jul 8, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #6,697 of 12,748
Got my X for a week now.
Surprisingly, my 2F is not too far from this one with X being a bit better. While there is more low extension I still  feel the missing impact from the 2F. I know this one is more neutral and linear.
I found that all Audeze can will benefit so much using silver cable include the X. It sounds so much more open and revealing with less bloated bass.
I do a deep listening every night and yeah it's really good and all but still..my other can is much better 
dt880smile.png

Jul 8, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #6,698 of 12,748
  Got my X for a week now.
Surprisingly, my 2F is not too far from this one with X being a bit better. While there is more low extension I still  feel the missing impact from the 2F. I know this one is more neutral and linear.
I found that all Audeze can will benefit so much using silver cable include the X. It sounds so much more open and revealing with less bloated bass.
I do a deep listening every night and yeah it's really good and all but still..my other can is much better 
dt880smile.png

Ok, I've seen that using silver cables "makes the LCD-X sound so much more" [insert synonym for amazing]. Really, how much better is this? Is it substantially better than what someone would simply attribute to a placebo effect?

Also -- has anybody heard the LCD-X with the Audeze Deckard?

Jul 8, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #6,699 of 12,748

Ok, I've seen that using silver cables "makes the LCD-X sound so much more" [insert synonym for amazing]. Really, how much better is this? Is it substantially better than what someone would simply attribute to a placebo effect?

Also -- has anybody heard the LCD-X with the Audeze Deckard?

Suggest you speak withPeter at DHC cables, his cables are very good, they bring out good detail and also retain a decent amount of warmth. Bass also improves in quality a fair bit. Peter is a nice guy who can pretty much make anything for you. 

Jul 8, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #6,700 of 12,748
Is it substantially better than what someone would simply attribute to a placebo effect?

-In my experience, any perceived difference between competently designed cables (beyond aesthetic) can be attributed to the placebo effect.

The stock Audeze cables are competently designed.

Note that this opinion is based on experience and listening tests only.

Jul 8, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #6,701 of 12,748
-In my experience, any perceived difference between competently designed cables (beyond aesthetic) can be attributed to the placebo effect.

The stock Audeze cables are competently designed.

Note that this opinion is based on experience and listening tests only.

My findings are the opposite, having said that, as you are on a tight budget and in the process of building your rig, it would be best to allocate the funds to the upgrades which are going to give you the biggest improvement. So source 1st, then DAC/Amp cables should be lower down that list. They are not a priority as the standard cables are good enough,. But when you have your system together and are happy with your hardware then you can explore cabling. In my system and along the way I have found it be nice addition and helps to tune the system according to your preferences.  As you don't have the system yet, best to get used to the sonic signature and then decide which way you want to take it from there. IT again maybe prudent to see if you can visit a store and try out different cables so you get a good feel for what the differences in sound they produce. The more you listen to different types of equipment, cables etc the more your listening skills will refine and improve. I have wasted a lot of money over the years on equipment, accessories, cables etc. I wish I had taken more time to do as I suggest above, would have saved a considerable amount.

Hope it all goes well and these forums have many good knowledgeable people on them who will be only to happy to help you.

Jul 8, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #6,702 of 12,748
  Hi all,

Karthik

I'm using a Gustard H10 originally with my LCD-2f and now with my LCD-X.  Multiple inputs, very good  power, SE output and can be had for $300-350 depending on Massdrop or Ebay.  If you can swing it there are at least a few Cavalli Liquid Carbon still available at $599.  Mine should arrive in late August.

Jul 8, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #6,703 of 12,748

My findings are the opposite, having said that, as you are on a tight budget and in the process of building your rig, it would be best to allocate the funds to the upgrades which are going to give you the biggest improvement. So source 1st, then DAC/Amp cables should be lower down that list. They are not a priority as the standard cables are good enough,. But when you have your system together and are happy with your hardware then you can explore cabling. In my system and along the way I have found it be nice addition and helps to tune the system according to your preferences.  As you don't have the system yet, best to get used to the sonic signature and then decide which way you want to take it from there. IT again maybe prudent to see if you can visit a store and try out different cables so you get a good feel for what the differences in sound they produce. The more you listen to different types of equipment, cables etc the more your listening skills will refine and improve. I have wasted a lot of money over the years on equipment, accessories, cables etc. I wish I had taken more time to do as I suggest above, would have saved a considerable amount.

Hope it all goes well and these forums have many good knowledgeable people on them who will be only to happy to help you.

+1

Jul 9, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #6,704 of 12,748

I'm using a Gustard H10 originally with my LCD-2f and now with my LCD-X.  Multiple inputs, very good  power, SE output and can be had for $300-350 depending on Massdrop or Ebay.  If you can swing it there are at least a few Cavalli Liquid Carbon still available at $599.  Mine should arrive in late August.

2nd. I just ordered my Liquid Carbon, I've heard and expect great things. Will likely run it from my BDP-105D's XLRs. Giddy with anticipation!

Jul 9, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #6,705 of 12,748
There are no reproducible peer-reviewed results that indicate that cable material makes any difference whatsoever.  That should tell you what you need to know.

Rational reasons to buy a replacement cable include comfort, getting a customized length, and aesthetics.  I bought one for these reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back