Audeze LCD-X
Apr 18, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #6,436 of 12,748

Paid a visit to a local audio lounge in Seattle yesterday. Brought my LCD-X here, had the whole afternoon to demo all the LCD headphones in production, listening through the majestic AURALIC VEGA x TAURUS MKII combo.The clerks were really nice and there were few visitors there when I was listening to these headphones. 
gs1000.gif

Will update this experience later.

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #6,437 of 12,748

Paid a visit to a local audio lounge in Seattle yesterday. Brought my LCD-X here, had the whole afternoon to demo all the LCD headphones in production, listening through the majestic AURALIC VEGA x TAURUS MKII combo.The clerks were really nice and there were few visitors there when I was listening to these headphones. 
gs1000.gif

Will update this experience later.

Doesn't get much better than this set up.

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #6,438 of 12,748
If someone is interested, I have my LCD-X, bought 1 month ago, for sale here.  

I love the sound (perfect match with HUGO !!) but do not find it confortable enough for my taste

it is Immaculate !   It is Shipped from Belgium.

Apr 29, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #6,440 of 12,748
I want to give an update.

A few days ago I got the headband from Lohb. It is very nice with high quality leather.

So I put it on (about a 5 minute process - very quick and simple) and put it on my head.

It is definitely comfortable.

However, after about an hour, I missed how the headphones felt without it.

Let me also say that I wear my LCD-X for more than 12 hours per day on many days and they feel just fine. The first day I wore them a few hours, then the next day around 4 hours and over the following weeks, I like them so much that I just kept wearing them. Of course I take them off to eat run errands etc, but my time at the desk finds them on my head. 

They don't seem heavy to me at all. Most of the time I don't notice them.

So nice as the Lohb strap is, I like it better the way they come from the factory.

On another note, I changed the ear pads to the vegan pads. They are just as comfortable as the leather ones, but not sure I like them better. I don't hear a difference between these and the leather ones. I've had them on for a few days now and they are fine. Not sure if I will change them back to the leather ones or not yet.

Anyway, that's what I'm finding for what it's worth. 

Apr 29, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #6,442 of 12,748
Is there a thread that discuss amps that pairs well with LCD-X ? Or can anyone here help to list it.

A ton of context is available from reading back in the thread.  My Headamp GS-X Mk2 was delivered about 3.5 minutes ago.  There are some indications that amp might be borderline acceptable with the LCD-X, I think.

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #6,443 of 12,748
Is there a thread that discuss amps that pairs well with LCD-X ? Or can anyone here help to list it.

the lcd-x is easy to drive. really any amplifier will work with it. comes down to what you prefer in terms of pairings.

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #6,444 of 12,748
I understand it's easy to drive due to it's efficiency. even an iPhone or an o2 is able to do it.

I was thinking something that has good synergy with the LCD-X. Something that has good enough warmth but with good bass slam and sub bass.

Apr 30, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #6,445 of 12,748
I understand it's easy to drive due to it's efficiency. even an iPhone or an o2 is able to do it.

I was thinking something that has good synergy with the LCD-X. Something that has good enough warmth but with good bass slam and sub bass.

I have the WA7. It'sa bit overpriced for its sonic performance, but adds a bit of warmth if that is what you are looking for. some other perhaps more competitive options (in terms of performance:dollar) would be the lyr 2 and project ember impo if you are trying to add a warm tube sound to your lcd-x. honestly, the sonic differences between amplifiers are generally not that large though. can also EQ for similar results.

Apr 30, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #6,446 of 12,748
I'm getting my Leben CS300 XS tube amp next week. Had an audition at the local audio shop with a few of classical musix and just love the neutrality, the solid soundstage it bring to the music. The bass from the pipe organ sounded so warm and grand. But then again I was listening from an SACD player paired with a massive looking dac and some exotic wiring at the back of his gear. Not really sure if the amp stand alone were to pair with other less notable setting would give an similar hearing..         

May 1, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #6,447 of 12,748
first 24 hours with LCD-X so still burning: first impression?
well, I have to be honest: I already own a LCD3F and X seems giving me some new good feelings to the music I play everyday.
Clear, fresh, well balanced, sometimes a bit bright and unforgiving with some bad low bitrate files (lcd3 seems handling them better) but full of life (lcd3 during long listening session becomes a bit hard to manage, kinda slow, just like molasses coming out from headphones)
For now running with default unbalanced cable on Cavalli Liquid Glass/Psvane CV181(stunning!)/Telefunken E188CC(bit too bright)/E88CC(great match!)  and balanced/toxic silver poison on Violectric V281 (stunning bass, fantastic headstage!) and jumpin between Moon 280D DSD, Exasound E22 and AMR DP777 SE Dac's (next week will run them with the long waited Moon 430HA);
Anyway, this HP is super sensible (also compared to LCD3) so also the smallest amp will do the job (I can't find my great Ember Project amp, but when I'll find it I'll report some listening impressions related to this match that I'm sure will be great too)
Thinking to get a Norne Solv X cable to give a bit of smooth taste to listening sessions, but for now I can only say that this toy is a fantastic surprise with any cable (don't be fooled...)

p.s.heard lot of people here on head-fi reporting that there is no match between 3 and X aka "3 wins hands down all the way": IMHO this is totally out of this world....
As usual the best judge are our ears...

May 1, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #6,448 of 12,748
well, I have to be honest: I already own a LCD3F and X seems giving me some new good feelings to the music I play everyday.
Clear, fresh, well balanced, sometimes a bit bright and unforgiving with some bad low bitrate files (lcd3 seems handling them better) but full of life (lcd3 during long listening session becomes a bit hard to manage, kinda slow, just like molasses coming out from headphones)
For now running with default unbalanced cable on Cavalli Liquid Glass/Psvane CV181(stunning!)/Telefunken E188CC(bit too bright)/E88CC(great match!)  and balanced/toxic silver poison on Violectric V281 (stunning bass, fantastic headstage!) and jumpin between Moon 280D DSD, Exasound E22 and AMR DP777 SE Dac's (next week will run them with the long waited Moon 430HA);
Anyway, this HP is super sensible (also compared to LCD3) so also the smallest amp will do the job (I can't find my great Ember Project amp, but when I'll find it I'll report some listening impressions related to this match that I'm sure will be great too)
Thinking to get a Norne Solv X cable to give a bit of smooth taste to listening sessions, but for now I can only say that this toy is a fantastic surprise with any cable (don't be fooled...)

p.s.heard lot of people here on head-fi reporting that there is no match between 3 and X aka "3 wins hands down all the way": IMHO this is totally out of this world....

I couldn't agree more. I had an extended trial of the 3F v X and owned TH900. I use a HUGO and think the X is the best. Sold my Fostex sent the 3F back and love my X.

May 2, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #6,449 of 12,748
I think it all boils down to user preference.
If I can only have 1 headphone, I think I'll still have the LCD-X with me and won't be in the market for an LCD-3 to complement my HD800.
The X still has the Audeze's house sound but with neutrality, transperancy and yet still sound fun and musical.

May 2, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #6,450 of 12,748

Any more impressions with the Violectric V281? Was considering picking up a V220.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back