Audeze LCD-X
Mar 4, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #6,076 of 12,748
Sorry for changing the subject but I have something I wanted to share. 

Ever since I got the LCD-X, I have been startled by how effortless it portrays sound and it's excellent tone, extension, detail retrieval. 

However, I've not been able to access ideal dac/amp setups to drive it with. My dac/amp setups are designed to accommodate and balance out a treble heavy, high impedance T1.

At this point in time, it's half decent. A Geek Out connected to Audio GD NFB-6. This will improve as I get more hardware.

However, what I wanted to report was that I recently switched from the stock balanced cable to the Norne Arcane and it went up an entire level in terms of soundstage size, detail retrieval and realistic tone. It is not a subtle difference at all. It's the kind of difference that could be attributed to a changing dac or amp. It could be placebo because the cable is so beautiful but I'm pretty sure it's real.

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #6,077 of 12,748

Ever since I got the LCD-X, I have been startled by how effortless it portrays sound and it's excellent tone, extension, detail retrieval. 

However, I've not been able to access ideal dac/amp setups to drive it with. My dac/amp setups are designed to accommodate and balance out a treble heavy, high impedance T1.

At this point in time, it's half decent. A Geek Out connected to Audio GD NFB-6. This will improve as I get more hardware.

However, what I wanted to report was that I recently switched from the stock balanced cable to the Norne Arcane and it went up an entire level in terms of soundstage size, detail retrieval and realistic tone. It is not a subtle difference at all. It's the kind of difference that could be attributed to a changing dac or amp. It could be placebo because the cable is so beautiful but I'm pretty sure it's real.

how long are you playing with this cable?

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #6,078 of 12,748
Had it for 2 days. Hasn't even burnt in yet. I'm leaving it running for the whole day. Will do this for the next 2 weeks. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #6,079 of 12,748
I would suggest you to make a blind test to be sure it's not just a placebo. A difference like changing an dac/amp with a cable? Are there any technical explanations for this? And burn-in with a cable? Sounds pretty strange to me. That's no offense, I believe that you are hearing it, but as I said if I were you I wouldn't trust my own hearing without a blind test. Please share impression if you do so.

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #6,080 of 12,748
  Had it for 2 days. Hasn't even burnt in yet. I'm leaving it running for the whole day. Will do this for the next 2 weeks. 

lol burn in for cables....

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #6,081 of 12,748
I'll do a blind test after 2 weeks of burn in.  :)

Not trying to preach or convert anyone's opinion. Just sharing my own experience. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #6,082 of 12,748
  I'll do a blind test after 2 weeks of burn in.  :)

Not trying to preach or convert anyone's opinion. Just sharing my own experience. 

cable burn-in. it is honestly the most vital part of your whole audiophile system. i would say it is might even be more important than your headphones or source files. i used to be a disbeliver, but then I sent my cables in to various cable burn-in services and the differences were startling! while i was never able to compare a pre-burned in cable against a burned-in cable, I am a firm believer that cable burn-in exists.

when I tried burning in my cables at home, I found that the sound stage only marginally improved while the micro-detail and PRAT stayed the same. sending in my cables Russ Andrew's specialized burn-in services for the amazing price of only $23usd, I found that the PRAT became so much more life-like and the treble increased in airyness. however, russ andrew's burn-in services was no match for nordost's $53 burn-in services. not only did all the previous improvements occur, but the bass viscerality became so much more organic with the an extra sense of lushness in the mid-range.

However, I was still not satisfied! I knew that my gear could be even better!!! I just recently purchased the $1061.03 USD Blue Horizon Proburn Cable Burn In Machine. As you can see from the scientific unbiased article on the manufacturer's website, this item is the REAL deal!!!!!
http://www.bluehorizonideas.com/cgi-bin/products.pl?id=26

After running my cables on the proburn for one month, my jaw dropped to the floor with a heavy thud when I listened to my headphones again. The attack and decay of each note just simply sprang out with just realistic perfection I felt like the instruments were in the room with me. The increased micro-details & resolution blew my mind. The burn-in process even added a beautiful euphonic tonality similar to using a high-end tube amplifier. I have never heard such a liquid texture from my headphones before!!!

Why am I sharing my experiences with you?

Well, for a limited time only, I am willing to run the cable of your choice through my blue horizon probrun cable burn in machine at a highly discounted price. For only $500, I will burn-in your cables for 3 weeks straight to create the most amazing audio experience you have ever heard through your headphones. Additional cables will be discounted 50% off for only $250!!! Since I am a long-time member of this community and want to share the magical experience with newbies, I am willing to offer an amazing 10% discount to new head-fi members who sign up for my services!!!!!

Please PM me quickly if you are interested!!!! this offer will not be around for long :)

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #6,083 of 12,748
very funny 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 4, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #6,084 of 12,748
wait til you see the "usb cable makes no difference crew..." they probably have special scanners for every single post in every single forum. 

The moment you post "have you tried this USB cable" they will swarm your thread with useless nonsense that have nothing to do with the original post/thread title. 

I truly hope that they will one day achieve something in life so that they don't see the need to troll audio forums with their idiocy in order to get a sense of significance. 

They are like a plague. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #6,085 of 12,748
  After the first couple days of ownership I was actually convinced I was going to have to return them as my neck and jaw were getting sore after wearing the X for multiple hours. I was a bit heartbroken as they truly are the best headphones I've ever heard.

Glad to hear you could get used to it.

I'm still heartbroken 
frown.gif
 I had to return my lcd-x because of comfort issues and bought hd800 for the third time. lcd-x was much more fun and I miss it every day but the weight of it gave me headaches and neck pain. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #6,086 of 12,748
  I'd like to go into this a bit more soon, but at the moment feel the need to just blurt something out, regarding how good the x's sound.

I said this in a private message to someone earlier..

I don't think a single song I own has sounded better on another set of headphones.

Electro-statics seem to be the only step-up from here, but as far as I can remember the sr009's were no way near as ''fun'' as these are. 

Probably the most I've ever spent on a 'toy' before and I don't have the slightest bit of regret.

Glad you like them, potkettleblack. Can't wait for mine to arrive. Should be any time now.

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #6,087 of 12,748

I can relate to your post as follows:  I've got the Sennheiser HDVA600 that's an amp designed for the treble heavy, high impedance HD800 cans.  It sounds great with the HD800 (300 ohm), but it sounds terrible with the LCD-X (22 ohm).  The sound  with the X is muddy and not revealing of the instruments at all; seems the X doesn't pair well with all amps.  On the other hand, the X sound great with the Schiit Audio Mjolnir amp driving them.

Best -
RCBinTN

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #6,088 of 12,748

cable burn-in. it is honestly the most vital part of your whole audiophile system. i would say it is might even be more important than your headphones or source files. i used to be a disbeliver, but then I sent my cables in to various cable burn-in services and the differences were startling! while i was never able to compare a pre-burned in cable against a burned-in cable, I am a firm believer that cable burn-in exists.

when I tried burning in my cables at home, I found that the sound stage only marginally improved while the micro-detail and PRAT stayed the same. sending in my cables Russ Andrew's specialized burn-in services for the amazing price of only $23usd, I found that the PRAT became so much more life-like and the treble increased in airyness. however, russ andrew's burn-in services was no match for nordost's $53 burn-in services. not only did all the previous improvements occur, but the bass viscerality became so much more organic with the an extra sense of lushness in the mid-range.

However, I was still not satisfied! I knew that my gear could be even better!!! I just recently purchased the $1061.03 USD Blue Horizon Proburn Cable Burn In Machine. As you can see from the scientific unbiased article on the manufacturer's website, this item is the REAL deal!!!!!
http://www.bluehorizonideas.com/cgi-bin/products.pl?id=26

After running my cables on the proburn for one month, my jaw dropped to the floor with a heavy thud when I listened to my headphones again. The attack and decay of each note just simply sprang out with just realistic perfection I felt like the instruments were in the room with me. The increased micro-details & resolution blew my mind. The burn-in process even added a beautiful euphonic tonality similar to using a high-end tube amplifier. I have never heard such a liquid texture from my headphones before!!!

Why am I sharing my experiences with you?

Well, for a limited time only, I am willing to run the cable of your choice through my blue horizon probrun cable burn in machine at a highly discounted price. For only $500, I will burn-in your cables for 3 weeks straight to create the most amazing audio experience you have ever heard through your headphones. Additional cables will be discounted 50% off for only $250!!! Since I am a long-time member of this community and want to share the magical experience with newbies, I am willing to offer an amazing 10% discount to new head-fi members who sign up for my services!!!!!

Please PM me quickly if you are interested!!!! this offer will not be around for long :)

Well, I bout spit up my coffee reading this. 

In my opinion, $1061.03 buys a LOT of belief in cable burn in. LOL

Sounds like a great deal though if you can convince someone it's real. Hell, spend a grand then get just 2 people to pay you half of what you paid each and yours is free. Hmmm, ever tried promoting MLM? LOL

This sounds like a business. Have you registered with the website here as a sponsor? Or notified them you intend to pitch us about your incredible "service"?

I genuinely hope nobody falls for this. 

Spending thousand$ for cables and another grand on a cable burn in box stretches credulity to the breaking, at least for me. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #6,089 of 12,748
wait til you see the "usb cable makes no difference crew..." they probably have special scanners for every single post in every single forum. 

The moment you post "have you tried this USB cable" they will swarm your thread with useless nonsense that have nothing to do with the original post/thread title. 

I truly hope that they will one day achieve something in life so that they don't see the need to troll audio forums with their idiocy in order to get a sense of significance. 

They are like a plague. 

The Arcane is a great cable! Never figured out why some people feel compelled to Schiit on the experiences of others'. Enjoy the Arcane!

Mar 4, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #6,090 of 12,748
  Well, I bout spit up my coffee reading this. 

In my opinion, $1061.03 buys a LOT of belief in cable burn in. LOL

Sounds like a great deal though if you can convince someone it's real. Hell, spend a grand then get just 2 people to pay you half of what you paid each and yours is free. Hmmm, ever tried promoting MLM? LOL

This sounds like a business. Have you registered with the website here as a sponsor? Or notified them you intend to pitch us about your incredible "service"?

I genuinely hope nobody falls for this. 

Spending thousand$ for cables and another grand on a cable burn in box stretches credulity to the breaking, at least for me. 

I was under the impression that the guy who made that post was being a giant dick. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back