Audeze LCD-X
Mar 2, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #6,046 of 12,748
  Me probably too, but it's hard for me to decide between X and 3s. Would be interested in comparison between X and 3, too. 

i've extensively demoed both. they are more similar than different. so similar in fact that you can easily mistake which one you are listening to when blinded.

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #6,047 of 12,748
i've extensively demoed both. they are more similar than different. so similar in fact that you can easily mistake which one you are listening to when blinded.

Thanks for your keen observations sir, it really helps out. :)

Mar 2, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #6,048 of 12,748

No it wouldn't. Those said people are on the fence for a reason - Audeze getting robbed shouldn't guilt-trip anybody into buying a premium priced headphone, and neither should somebody (you) try and guilt-trip other undecided users to do it as well.

This may crack the top 5 in the most ridiculous things I've ever read on this forum.

Audeze will be just fine. I'm not sure if you're hoping they will see your post and recognise that you're a more dedicated Audeze fan than the rest of us - but I assure you they won't.

My LCD x's arrive today or tomorrow - if only I'd waited and ordered them the day after the robbery instead!

I can't agree more. 

Last Friday I ordered another pair of LCD-X online because I just found my new HD800 overly "revealing" & bright for my taste. Later I heard about the robbery that Audeze suffered from, and I felt sorry for their loss - maybe I should've cancelled my order and re-placed it to show some support, huh...

To many, the LCDs are still too heavy to be comfortable, and they are EXPENSIVE. 

Hopefully the drivers won't fail on this new unit, since my first X (#7455347) broke in only three weeks for no reason.
smile_phones.gif

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #6,049 of 12,748

I can't agree more. 

Last Friday I ordered another pair of LCD-X online because I just found my new HD800 overly "revealing" & bright for my taste. Later I heard about the robbery that Audeze suffered from, and I felt sorry for their loss - maybe I should've cancelled my order and re-placed it to show some support, huh...

To many, the LCDs are still too heavy to be comfortable, and they are EXPENSIVE. 

Hopefully the drivers won't fail on this new unit, since my first X (#7455347) broke in only three weeks for no reason.
smile_phones.gif

It doesn't seem to be that common with x's - would that be fair to say? I've only really heard about issues with the 3's

Am I right in saying Audeze are pretty swift with replacements? I've heard good things about their customer service. 

Got mine today and have been listening to them all night - they are EXACTLY what I wanted - I've been grinning from ear to ear for hours.

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #6,050 of 12,748
  It doesn't seem to be that common with x's - would that be fair to say? I've only really heard about issues with the 3's

Am I right in saying Audeze are pretty swift with replacements? I've heard good things about their customer service. 

Got mine today and have been listening to them all night - they are EXACTLY what I wanted - I've been grinning from ear to ear for hours.

Yesterday I got the tip to remove the grills from the LCD-X.

I'm grinning all over again! 
biggrin.gif
 The sound is SO different now! Much more spacious, even more detailed! 
o2smile.gif

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #6,052 of 12,748

I don't think I have the balls (yes admin - I said balls) to do that but I'm glad you're enjoying them.

It's just taking out 2x 4 screws and there is almost nothing underneath that you easilly can damage.
I also was scard to do it and wanted certainty first.
These things are real American quality and there are no sensitive things under the grill that can break or get loose easilly.

I'm not saying that everyone should try it, but it's an option to keep in mind. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #6,055 of 12,748
Well said sir. I will be getting a pair of LCD-X later this year, though I am tempted by the LCD-3's.
On another note I would very much like to hear a comparison/ contrast between the LCD-2.2's and the LCD-X's.

It won't be from me, sadly. If I sell the LCD-2 when I have enough to cover the difference I can get my LCD-X very quickly. I was originally going listen to both to be sure I liked the X but everyone has said the same thing: It's an upgrade in every way. From about 30 comparisons I've read, only 1 person said they prefer the 2. All I know is I still love my 2s even though I can hear their supposed flaws and I want more of the same sound but better. The quicker I have headphone the less grumpy I be.
biggrin.gif

Me probably too, but it's hard for me to decide between X and 3s. Would be interested in comparison between X and 3, too. 

I've read people say one is better than the other. Most say the LCD-3F is the best. Most also say the LCD-X is more neutral. For me, I want neutral. I want to hear exactly what the people recorded in the studio, what they decided to release to the public, good or bad. I am really into production now. I used to listen to music to enjoy it but now I seem to listen mostly to critique production and overall quality of the singers and musicians. I don't want an HD 800 though, no way. Treble scares me.
ph34r.gif

Yesterday I got the tip to remove the grills from the LCD-X.

I'm grinning all over again! 
biggrin.gif
 The sound is SO different now! Much more spacious, even more detailed! 
o2smile.gif

Please, do tell some more information. Is it safe to do so regarding the warranty? Can they go back on easily?
confused.gif

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #6,056 of 12,748
  only read members did this with the lcd-3.
 this is new to me .
tell me more!

Well the sound is now more outside the headphones and I hear more detail in the treble. The treble hasn't become sharper though; strangely enough it has become a bit gentler yet clearer.
Some high-bitched voices that first sometimes could hurt my ears a bit, not have become a bit more subtle, but subtle details like a high-pitched little flute somewhere in the background now come more forward, and that sound has become even more special.
It's that "organic" sound that people often mention with the LCD's that has improved with this.
Also, because of more detail in the treble, I now do notice more when a file has a lower bitrate. My Zdac upsamples the signal automatically and the LCD-X makes everything sound smoother, but because smaller details in the higher bitrates are mote noticable now, quality loss from MP3's also is more obvious.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #6,057 of 12,748

It won't be from me, sadly. If I sell the LCD-2 when I have enough to cover the difference I can get my LCD-X very quickly. I was originally going listen to both to be sure I liked the X but everyone has said the same thing: It's an upgrade in every way. From about 30 comparisons I've read, only 1 person said they prefer the 2. All I know is I still love my 2s even though I can hear their supposed flaws and I want more of the same sound but better. The quicker I have headphone the less grumpy I be.
biggrin.gif

I've read people say one is better than the other. Most say the LCD-3F is the best. Most also say the LCD-X is more neutral. For me, I want neutral. I want to hear exactly what the people recorded in the studio, what they decided to release to the public, good or bad. I am really into production now. I used to listen to music to enjoy it but now I seem to listen mostly to critique production and overall quality of the singers and musicians. I don't want an HD 800 though, no way. Treble scares me.
ph34r.gif

Please, do tell some more information. Is it safe to do so regarding the warranty? Can they go back on easily?
confused.gif

I have no idea if it affects the warranty, but you just have to remove 2 x 4 little screws and gently pull it loose. There are no seals or anything and really nothing inside can get damaged or pulled loose or drop out. Just be careful not to scratch the screws themselves with the screwdriver, or lose the screws once you got them out.

I haven't tried putting them back on, but I can't see why it would be any more difficult than getting them off. 
smile.gif

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #6,058 of 12,748
I'd like to go into this a bit more soon, but at the moment feel the need to just blurt something out, regarding how good the x's sound.

I said this in a private message to someone earlier..

I don't think a single song I own has sounded better on another set of headphones.

Electro-statics seem to be the only step-up from here, but as far as I can remember the sr009's were no way near as ''fun'' as these are. 

Probably the most I've ever spent on a 'toy' before and I don't have the slightest bit of regret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back