Audeze LCD-X
Dec 14, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #5,506 of 12,748
Here's a frequency chart of my LCD-X:

I have to admit, they are a very musically sounding pair of headphones that also sound very forgiving with rather bad recordigs without losing their ability of reproducing micro details.
Good job Audez'e, well done.

Dec 14, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #5,507 of 12,748
Plan to pick up a pair of X's to go with my Hugo, but i'm kind of on the fence between all the above 1000 cans....so many choices. I pray the X's are that good versus the other contenders on the market and I don't regret my purchase. 
Cheers! 

Dec 14, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #5,509 of 12,748
I have both and in my opinion the sound is identical only difference being greater comfort.

Comfort is a plus along with sound quality. Thanks! Any cable upgrades?

Dec 14, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #5,510 of 12,748
  I'm looking into getting a pair of the LCD-X. They will be for studio use, but I will of course want to listen to music through them. I'm going to have them going through an Onyx Blackjack into my DAW. My question is, will everything still sound flawless if I'm listening to FLAC through a media player on my desktop with the interface? The Onyx Blackjack is basically a clean, flat DAC and amp in itself, right?

Also, for those who have listened extensively to the LCD-X: I was hoping to get the microsuede cups instead of the leather. Someone mentioned that this reduces the sound stage, though, which I do not want. Can anyone compare the LCD-X's leather cups against the microsuede cups?

My personal opinion is, even though I absolutely love my LCD-X, that something like an AKG-K712 would be better for studio use.
Music quickly sounds quite flawless with an LCD-X (at least: flaws are far less obvious with the LCD-X compared to with real studio headphones.)
Also the soundstage on the LCD-X isn't as impressive as with AKG's.

For losing yourself completely in fantastic music, the LCD-X is incredible, but for mixing music I personally would choose less forgiving headphones that also have a more neutral (uncolored) sound.

Then again: I hae absolutely no experience whatsoever with mixing! 
o2smile.gif

Dec 15, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #5,513 of 12,748
Thanks for all the responses thus far. The X's will be under my X-Mas tree:evergreen_tree::smile:. Cat wait to pair it up with the Hugo.
Cheers!

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #5,515 of 12,748
Thanks for all the responses thus far. The X's will be under my X-Mas tree:evergreen_tree::smile:. Cat wait to pair it up with the Hugo.
Cheers!

Hello -
IMO, you will love the LCD-X.  Merry Christmas.
And BTW, thanks for your service.

All the best -
RCBinTN

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #5,516 of 12,748
  Plan to pick up a pair of X's to go with my Hugo, but i'm kind of on the fence between all the above 1000 cans....so many choices. I pray the X's are that good versus the other contenders on the market and I don't regret my purchase. 
Cheers! 

I can only say that I really enjoy my Xs with Hugo.  Somewhat warm but detailed, much less bite than my 325Is.

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #5,518 of 12,748
Hello -
IMO, you will love the LCD-X.  Merry Christmas.
And BTW, thanks for your service.

All the best -
RCBinTN
Thank you!

Dec 17, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #5,520 of 12,748
  Hello,

Anyone with experience on how Q French Silk cable from theaudioguild.com works with the LCD-X, paired with (or without) the Burson Conductor?

I have the Q French Silk cable for my LCD-X; I use it mostly with my Violectric V-200.  I don't hear cable differences over the stock cable, but I bought the Q mostly for the ultra light weight, lack of microphonics, and excellent build quality.  This cable makes absolutely no noise if it drags or rubs across my shirt, neck, or arms while I'm listening.  It's as if you're listening with wireless headphones.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back