Audeze LCD-X
Sep 7, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #4,938 of 12,748
Are the pads easy to swap? Can we switch between vegan and leather as and when required easily?

From what I gather, the pads you received your LCD-X's with are stuck down with a double sided type tape which allows the original pads to be removed by carefully peeling them off and applying new ones (also with double sided tape application), which negates the ease of swapping back and forth frequently.

Sep 7, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #4,939 of 12,748
Guys, I need a balanced cable to plug my X into my Taurus - that will require a 4-pin male XLR connector, but that doesnt seem to be a common connector. Budget is up to 500USD. Anyone ? 

Sep 7, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #4,942 of 12,748
Anyone else noticed the new images on the Audeze Facebook site?

Looks like either a special edition or a new model

Sep 7, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #4,943 of 12,748
You got a picture? I didn't see anything new

Sep 7, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #4,944 of 12,748
Pictures here, wonder what this is?

Sep 8, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #4,947 of 12,748
It looks like a batch of LCD2s (Bamboo and Rosewood)

Yeah just looks like a production batch of Audeze headphones, don't see anything that would signify a LCD-4, nor do I think they would just throw a picture on facebook and call that an announcement either.

Sep 8, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #4,948 of 12,748
This month's issue of The Absolute Sound has a very good review of LCD-X. Reviewer says there is only 4 top headphones today, and the LCD-X is his favorite over Sennheiser HD800, Stax SR009 and LCD-3c.

The picture shows an LCD-X with silver enclosure and black grills.

Sep 8, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #4,949 of 12,748
Just reading it now, agreed a glowing report on the LCD-X from no less than Arnie Nudell himself. Interesting he makes the following points

"It would be nice if Audeze could introduce a gentle boost between 1.5kHz to about 3.5kHz of about 1dB. This is really not much of a change, but it would endow the headphones with a little more openness in this sonic range. The second suggestion would be to decrease the mass per unit area of the diaphragm so that it would then have even higher resolution. This could be done fairly easily by increasing the impedance of the LCD-X a small amount, to perhaps 35 or 40 ohms from the current 20 ohms."

He also says that since the review Audeze introduced the Fazor technology into the LCD-2 & 3, wonder how they measure differently in relation to the above?

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #4,950 of 12,748
  Just reading it now, agreed a glowing report on the LCD-X from no less than Arnie Nudell himself. Interesting he makes the following points

"It would be nice if Audeze could introduce a gentle boost between 1.5kHz to about 3.5kHz of about 1dB. This is really not much of a change, but it would endow the headphones with a little more openness in this sonic range. The second suggestion would be to decrease the mass per unit area of the diaphragm so that it would then have even higher resolution. This could be done fairly easily by increasing the impedance of the LCD-X a small amount, to perhaps 35 or 40 ohms from the current 20 ohms."

He also says that since the review Audeze introduced the Fazor technology into the LCD-2 & 3, wonder how they measure differently in relation to the above?

I would agree with Arnie...but it's a minor quibble.  The LCD-Xs have to be the less fatiguing headphones I've ever heard...They are so warm and mellow-sounding, but still the treble is there in all its non-fatiguing glory.  Soundstage could be a tad bigger, though, which is why I have the HD-800s when I crave for the friendly confines of the cavern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back