Audeze LCD-X
Apr 14, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #3,826 of 12,748
but do you have a sly smile on your face ?? :cool:
Only a coward would smile sir. I bear myself only with the quiet rectitude of a sinner who lacks the piety to show humility and shame.

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #3,829 of 12,748
ordered micro-suede pads and headband for both LCD-X and XC... hoping for a bit plusher comfort during the summer months.
I wasn't aware that Audeze offered a microsuede headband.

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #3,830 of 12,748
The vegan option!!

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #3,831 of 12,748
I'm no vegan (having just finished up a fat filet for dinner) but someone on here mentioned that it was more comfortable and had the same sound.  The leather isn't really uncomfortable to me but I do love the comfort of my T1 plush pads and the leather does have a little bit of stick to it. Options are always good 
normal_smile .gif

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #3,832 of 12,748
Yeah not a bad idea with the weather warming up. Micro suede should be much cooler, though I prefer the look of leather

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #3,833 of 12,748

doesn't bother me in the least

+1

This weekend I had a marathon youtube session (those MagicOfRahat prank videos make me shart myself) and had the Xs on for over six hours, with only one quick bathroom break. After about 20 mins I honestly couldn't even tell they were on my head. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #3,834 of 12,748
  +1

This weekend I had a marathon youtube session (those MagicOfRahat prank videos make me shart myself) and had the Xs on for over six hours, with only one quick bathroom break. After about 20 mins I honestly couldn't even tell they were on my head. 

I agree, despite the not insignificant weight, that the LCD-Xs, once properly positioned on your head, are very comfortable and non-fatiguing.  The warm weather is yet to appear but not anticipating the leather to be terribly uncomfortable in the warn summer months here in NYC.  Also, I don't see myself using the LCD-Xs on the go so not really concerned as I'll be likely using them in the air conditioned comfort of my house.  That said however I have heard that the "vegan" pads are extremely comfortable.

-a

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #3,835 of 12,748
I agree, despite the not insignificant weight, that the LCD-Xs, once properly positioned on your head, are very comfortable and non-fatiguing.  The warm weather is yet to appear but not anticipating the leather to be terribly uncomfortable in the warn summer months here in NYC.  Also, I don't see myself using the LCD-Xs on the go so not really concerned as I'll be likely using them in the air conditioned comfort of my house.  That said however I have heard that the "vegan" pads are extremely comfortable.

-a
Your case being well stated sir I've found several people who use the LCD's on their portable rigs without reservation. Go figure.

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #3,836 of 12,748

-a

Those new vegan pads in gray look really nice on the Xs, too....I may order a pair just to play around with them. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #3,837 of 12,748
I have my Xs with vegan earpads. They are very comfy. They have definitely been revised from the brown vegan earpads used on the LCD2s and 3s. The browns were still comfy but much more firm. I wear glasses so I could still feel some pressure on the sides of my head. I don't have that problem anymore with the new black (gray) vegan pads. You'll be surprised how soft they are. Time will tell if they keep their shape for months or not due to their softness.

I think the same is true for the leather ones too. They definitely have become softer when I auditioned the Xs and XCs with both leather/vegan on SoCal Head-fi meet last month.

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #3,839 of 12,748
  Those new vegan pads in gray look really nice on the Xs, too....I may order a pair just to play around with them. 

I too am curious about trying the vegan pads but was under the impression that once the existing pads were removed that they couldn't be reattached.  This was based on the installation instructions I found on the Audeze website and that the existing pads had to be "cut off".  Does anyone know if this is accurate or better, does anyone have experience swapping them out repeatedly? 

-a

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #3,840 of 12,748
  I too am curious about trying the vegan pads but was under the impression that once the existing pads were removed that they couldn't be reattached.  This was based on the installation instructions I found on the Audeze website and that the existing pads had to be "cut off".  Does anyone know if this is accurate or better, does anyone have experience swapping them out repeatedly? 

-a

Well Audeze earpads are bonded to the earcups via (very strong) double-sided adhesive tape. So you can pull the earpads off, just you have to do it very carefully and patiently, work it off little by little, if you want to reuse the earpads in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back