Audeze LCD-X
Nov 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #1,669 of 12,748
FWIW, when Justin set up the GS-X MkII fir audition at my meet, he stacked them.

Excellent picture! I wonder what camera he uses?

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #1,670 of 12,748
So 1 watt would not be sufficient to drive the LCD-X? Even though they are more efficient than the LCD-3?

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #1,671 of 12,748
1W not sufficient? Hm. How did that come across?

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #1,672 of 12,748
I've been reading the thread torn between the LCD-X and LCD-3 for my next upgrade from LCD-2 (rev.1).  
It seems to me that with the LCD-X you hear more (detail, clarity, transparency and instrument separation) while with the LCD-3 you feel more ( tactile, thick, full bodied, lively and musical sounds).  Consequently, I'm leaning more towards the LCD-3.  
In the past, it's one reason I preferred the LCD-2 (rev.1) over the HD800 and even the LCD-2 (rev.2).   

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #1,673 of 12,748
No, idea unfortunately since I sold my HE.6 long time before the LCD-X arrived. From memory I would say that the LCD-X is a HE-6 tuned more natural (less treble, but equally detailed - and the bass from the LCD-X is better than the HE-6). Yeah - and that prevails with monster speaker amp on HE-6 (have tried several). 
Quote:
  Loevhagen 
What are your thoughts on HE6 vs. LCD X ?

Nov 29, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #1,674 of 12,748
I understand the rationale - it is just that if you buy the LCD-3 (and I did), you will be surprised that the LCD-2 will keep you entertained as much as the LCD-3 after a couple of weeks. LCD-3 is a honeymoon headphone. The LCD-X will give you something material in addition to the LCD-2...

Quote:
  I've been reading the thread torn between the LCD-X and LCD-3 for my next upgrade from LCD-2 (rev.1).  
It seems to me that with the LCD-X you hear more (detail, clarity, transparency and instrument separation) while with the LCD-3 you feel more ( tactile, thick, full bodied, lively and musical sounds).  Consequently, I'm leaning more towards the LCD-3.  
In the past, it's one reason I preferred the LCD-2 (rev.1) over the HD800 and even the LCD-2 (rev.2).   

Nov 29, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #1,675 of 12,748
what kind of power would the LCD-X's need vs. the LCD-3's? I'm just trying to figure out if I will need to buy a seperate amp too or if my Peachtree Audio NovaPre will do.

Nov 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #1,677 of 12,748
I-C. The X is real love - so no need to fear honeymoon love only. 

Nov 29, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #1,678 of 12,748
Excellent picture! I wonder what camera he uses?

I'll bet 'he' used a Nikon D700 and a 20mm f/2.8 lens for that shot. But that's just a guess, :)

Nov 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #1,679 of 12,748
I had my GS-X mk2 stacked from day 1 and with any and all my headphones I had no issues what so ever.  Mybe that wont be the case with the next GS-X mk2 I get, but with the one I had = no problems at all.  I mean ZERO noise with the TH900, each set of Denons I had and with the AD2Ks.  I tried to hear it, but it just wasn't there.

Clearly my point was missed, which was that the manual says to not stack the amp & PSU. Did you not read the manual that came with the amp? And your inability to hear it doesn't mean it wasn't there, that's a logically invalid statement in this context. There are many things in the world that the human senses can't hear or perceive but still make sound or have an effect otherwise which can be observed by a machine—and are you going to say that because you can't hear something, it doesn't exist? It'd be logical if you just said that you couldn't hear it (because human hearing is inherently flawed and every person's hearing is different), not that you couldn't hear it and hence it wasn't there. Otherwise that's completely illogical in the face of certain scientific fields which study the "invisible" and "inaudible" worlds.

FWIW, when Justin set up the GS-X MkII fir audition at my meet, he stacked them.

This statement has an illogical implication—that photo also shows that Justin stacked his MacBook on the Ayre QB-9, does that mean that it's ok to stack them? It's obvious from the photo that Justin stacked certain pieces due to the limiting size of the table. I'm pretty sure that given more table space, he would've unstacked both the GS-X and the laptop/QB-9.

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #1,680 of 12,748
This statement has an illogical implication—that photo also shows that Justin stacked his MacBook on the Ayre QB-9, does that mean that it's ok to stack them? It's obvious from the photo that Justin stacked certain pieces due to the limiting size of the table. I'm pretty sure that given more table space, he would've unstacked both the GS-X and the laptop/QB-9.

Justin arrived early in the setup stage of the meet and was given his choice of any location and as much table space as he desired. He chose that location and set up his own gear accordingly.

I am simply offering the facts of the situation. You are free to draw any conclusions you wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back