Audeze LCD-X
Feb 19, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #3,181 of 12,748
No kidding, same here.

Or I need to stop reading this thread........

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #3,182 of 12,748
No kidding, same here.

Or I need to stop reading this thread........

Sheet man I need a way come up with $1699 pronto

Hehe.

Maybe try and find somewhere to listen to them :). I took a bit of a gamble, but I live in Australia which is not the place to be if you want to try these things if you don't want to travel 2000 kms to the store that has them in stock. Maybe you will find they aren't to your liking. 

I don't miss my T1s at all. They are just sitting there in their box. For some reason I can't bring myself to sell them either. I have to agree I can't think of anything I miss from my T1. I'd like to try a different amp and source though.

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #3,183 of 12,748

I don't miss my T1s at all. They are just sitting there in their box. For some reason I can't bring myself to sell them either. I have to agree I can't think of anything I miss from my T1. I'd like to try a different amp and source though.

It's kind of strange, isn't it? My T1s are special to me because they were my first flagship...I've gotten a ton of enjoyment from them since I bought them. Like you, I dont want to sell mine either...but I also hate that they're just...sitting there lol. 

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #3,184 of 12,748

It's kind of strange, isn't it? My T1s are special to me because they were my first flagship...I've gotten a ton of enjoyment from them since I bought them. Like you, I dont want to sell mine either...but I also hate that they're just...sitting there lol. 

They were my first real high end ones as well. Aside from the HD 650 I guess but I don't count those. I think I am going to keep mine. There's a lot of memories (all good ones) locked up in those cans.

I might even *Gulp* give them away. I don't want to sell them for some reason. Perhaps a really, really nice present for my nephew who is due to graduate from high school later this year. Or a a gift for a friend who doesn't have much money right now. Ugh I don't know.

For now though I like the box right where it is hehe.

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #3,185 of 12,748

Hehe.

Maybe try and find somewhere to listen to them :). I took a bit of a gamble, but I live in Australia which is not the place to be if you want to try these things if you don't want to travel 2000 kms to the store that has them in stock. Maybe you will find they aren't to your liking. 

I don't even think I would need to try them to be honest. From everything I've read it sounds like it corrects everything I dislike about my 2 headphones now (HD800 & LCD-2.2). I get the most listening time out of my LCD-2's as I love the warmth of the Audeze signature but I do find them congested and lacking a great soundstage. Which is why I keep my HD-800's because they do have that great soundstage but ultimately I find them a bit dry and boring. If the LCD-X really takes the wonderful bass and sound signature of the LCD-2's and adds a better soundstage like the HD800's, I honestly think I may just be best served selling both of those and buying the LCD-X as the one headphones to rule them all....

Feb 20, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #3,187 of 12,748

Hehe.

Maybe try and find somewhere to listen to them
smily_headphones1.gif
. I took a bit of a gamble, but I live in Australia which is not the place to be if you want to try these things if you don't want to travel 2000 kms to the store that has them in stock. Maybe you will find they aren't to your liking.

I don't even think I would need to try them to be honest. From everything I've read it sounds like it corrects everything I dislike about my 2 headphones now (HD800 & LCD-2.2). I get the most listening time out of my LCD-2's as I love the warmth of the Audeze signature but I do find them congested and lacking a great soundstage. Which is why I keep my HD-800's because they do have that great soundstage but ultimately I find them a bit dry and boring. If the LCD-X really takes the wonderful bass and sound signature of the LCD-2's and adds a better soundstage like the HD800's, I honestly think I may just be best served selling both of those and buying the LCD-X as the one headphones to rule them all....

Yeah, the HD800s are a little bit dry and boring...like Scarlett Johansson.  Dude, the LCD-Xs are great, but lets not get carried away!

Feb 20, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #3,188 of 12,748
Well like I said the HD800s are stellar headphones, but they just aren't my favorite to listen to except for certain types of music (jazz, classical) that I don't listen too that often. So maybe they aren't boring but they are not a great match for me like the Audeze are.

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #3,190 of 12,748
Scarlett Johanssen are Audeze phones.. both have huge cans:tongue_smile:

+1 Lol, and there's no doubt which I'd rather have on my head :)

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #3,192 of 12,748
Well like I said the HD800s are stellar headphones, but they just aren't my favorite to listen to except for certain types of music (jazz, classical) that I don't listen too that often. So maybe they aren't boring but they are not a great match for me like the Audeze are.

Since I almost exclusively listen to classical, now I understand what you are saying.

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #3,193 of 12,748

I cannot agree. I prefer the HD800 in nearly all genres because it sounds much more realistic and not emphasized to the warm side.
Don't get me wrong. LCD-X is a great headphone but for me not on the same level of HD800 or K812.

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #3,194 of 12,748

I've been going back and forth between these and my T1s, which I've had for two years and love...it's weird to see/hear them being outclassed like this. The T1s are solid, but just can't compete. 

Thanks for your posting your thoughts on comparisons between the T1 and LCD-X, Focker! 

But is this also with the comfort factor taken into account?

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #3,195 of 12,748
The hype trains are huge for both these and the K812's.  How do they really compare to each other?  

For those who own both - would you agrre with what Steve said here:

"The  headphones have a warmer and richer tonal balance than the K812s; the LCD-X's sound has more weight to it. The K812s' sound is livelier, so subtle dynamic shadings and every cymbal shimmer sounds a little different from the next. The vocals on Robert Plant & Alison Krauss' "Raising Sand" CD sound more natural on the K812s, and I was more aware of their breathing and vocal phrasing. The LCD X was less immediate and present. It's a close contest, and I'm sure some listeners will prefer the LCD X for its fuller tone, but I love the K812's clarity and wide-open sound."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back