Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Jan 6, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #4,532 of 4,801
These things keep taunting me everywhere I go. I can't seem to escape from their ads... Do I want them? Yes. Can I afford them? No. Do I need them?
... Yes.
Yeah, you really do, IMHO.

Jan 7, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #4,534 of 4,801
Hi guys!

just a little update from my previous post concerning my research for the holy Grail of DAPs to make the i4 sing their best (in the DAP world obviously...).
I actually think I found it!!! :) Well... I bought it at least... :D
Up until this afternoon, the best sounding DAP I tried with the i4 was the LPGT Ti, but now I need to correct this podium because the first place must go to the Luxury & Precision LP6 Gold edition, by a significant margin I must add! I couldn’t believe my ears (and what I was missing all this time) when I first tried this DAP with the i4s! I didn’t my tracks with me to test but in the player had Hotel California live loaded in, which I know very well, so I pressed Play and baaammm! The revelation!! The thump of the percussions at the beginning just knocked my socks off! Then the soundstage, details and sense of air was just mind blowing! I knew the i4 were power hungry and could scale a lot, but I was far from imagining it could scale so much from a DAP! I definitely confirm the i4 need a lot of power to give their best! It’s really surprising, because they don’t require much power to sing loud, but to sing well they absolutely do! Especially to get that tight and visceral thumping bass.
Anyways, that was just a quick first impression that I thought cou be useful to some of you. The beast is in burn-in right now. I’ll try to post pics and little more impressions when I have time. But I warn yo, I really stink at describing sound so don’t be too harsh on me please! :laughing:
Also, as a side note since I was referring to EQ in my previous post, the LP6 doesn’t have PMEQ but has a 10 bands custom EQ that works pretty well. It does have 5 custom slots, which is great considering P6 and P6 Pro don’t have custom EQ for some reason...
As another side note, my unit has some play in the volume knob (which should be fixed by the factory) and the current leather case prevents me to use the USB-C port when fitted on the DAP... I don’t think that’s the kind of things that should happen on units at that price, especially when you’re brand is called Luxury & Precision ... :thinking:

I wish you all a happy new year’s eve! :wink:

Cheers,

Julien
So, this is gonna be a difficult listen with the P6 Pro? About to try the Lcdi4 with my just received P6 Pro, holding my breath.

Jan 7, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #4,535 of 4,801
So, this is gonna be a difficult listen with the P6 Pro? About to try the Lcdi4 with my just received P6 Pro, holding my breath.
I'll just answer my own question...

LCD-i4 sounds amazing without EQ from the LP P6 Pro.

Shocked? I am. I'm in audeze heaven.

Jan 14, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #4,537 of 4,801
Just wanted to give a shout-out to Hart Cables who provided a great replacement cable for my LCDi4s. Very happy with the cable and customer service was perfect. Thanks, James!

Jan 14, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #4,538 of 4,801
Just wanted to give a shout-out to Hart Cables who provided a great replacement cable for my LCDi4s. Very happy with the cable and customer service was perfect. Thanks, James!
They make durable cables at reasonable prices. Always liked the Customer service I received as well.

Jan 18, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #4,540 of 4,801
Yes, this thread is pretty conclusively saying that the LCD-i4 is a major step up from the i-Sines. In the used market, they seem to go for $1000 to $1200.

Jan 18, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #4,541 of 4,801
Had moondrop variations before, then gave isine10 + eq a try, loving it.
How is lcdi4 compares to isine10? worth all the money spent?
Also would love to know at what price is good to purchase i4!
Having gone from isine 10 to 20 to i-3 and then i-4 I can say it is definitely worth the money spent. Each step was a noticeable increase in performance and worth the upgrade cost.

In my opinion a used or b-stock i-4 at around $1K is easily the best value in today's market.

Whether or not $1K is worth spending on an earphone is worth it is only a question you can answer.

Jan 18, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #4,542 of 4,801
Ohh nice, definitely will be eyeing for one then!
Yeah I don't mind spending $1k for this. Too bad it's really hard to find one that ships to Japan :weary:
And the B-stock in amazon JP costs like $3000 or something which makes no sense at all

Jan 18, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #4,543 of 4,801
Ohh nice, definitely will be eyeing for one then!
Yeah I don't mind spending $1k for this. Too bad it's really hard to find one that ships to Japan :weary:
And the B-stock in amazon JP costs like $3000 or something which makes no sense at all
Wow, that's crazy expensive. I'd bet you can find someone on the forums will to ship to Japan . . . I sent my i-3 to Russia with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back