Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Nov 11, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #4,456 of 4,796
Do you have the Cipher cable from the i3 that you can use?
Super convenient to have the Cipher to use straight from Phone/DAP without needing PEQ.
Nope it only came with the 3.5 and bt cable. I'm also one of those weirdos that does EQ audezes. My 10s were good, i3s are great and really only add a little xbass with my ifi Gryphon.

Nov 11, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #4,459 of 4,796
I'm so tempted, though I just purchased the B-Stock LCD-X's and I already have iSine20's. I know they're not in the same league as the i4's but .. maybe next year.
For everyone else (😉): Just go for it. Under $1000 it is a steal. The i4's are classical. Not comparable to iSine20. Next year they might not be there any more.

Nov 13, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #4,460 of 4,796
Nope it only came with the 3.5 and bt cable. I'm also one of those weirdos that does EQ audezes. My 10s were good, i3s are great and really only add a little xbass with my ifi Gryphon.
Same. Mine delivered yesterday. I will admit I was under the assumption that it will come with Cipher cable v2. I have written to support as I am not sure how to get those. 😐

Wil probably EQ it and use with ES100 for now.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #4,461 of 4,796
Same. Mine delivered yesterday. I will admit I was under the assumption that it will come with Cipher cable v2. I have written to support as I am not sure how to get those. 😐

I meant doesn't EQ lol and pretty sure they completely stopped making the cipher cable. The ES100 is a great little amp for the i3 but they definitely benefit from power.

Nov 13, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #4,462 of 4,796
I meant doesn't EQ lol and pretty sure they completely stopped making the cipher cable. The ES100 is a great little amp for the i3 but they definitely benefit from power.
Ah. Sorry I misread it lol. I got the i4 and honestly I'm blown away. Just can't stop listening to the music. Feels like I'm back in 90s when my ears could gather everything.

Lossless on Apple Music + LDAC 990kbps on Samsung + ES100 gives it more than enough power to enjoy it across different genres. The sub-bass/ bass is just surreal. So much headroom and tinkering ability, almost blew my ears accidentally playing with gain lol. Trying to find right balance of musical and analytical towards my personal preference.

Have to find the right Balanced 2.5mm cable for it (any recommendations?) and then I'm golden 😁

Nov 13, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #4,463 of 4,796
Ah. Sorry I misread it lol. I got the i4 and honestly I'm blown away. Just can't stop listening to the music. Feels like I'm back in 90s when my ears could gather everything.

Lossless on Apple Music + LDAC 990kbps on Samsung + ES100 gives it more than enough power to enjoy it across different genres. The sub-bass/ bass is just surreal. So much headroom and tinkering ability, almost blew my ears accidentally playing with gain lol. Trying to find right balance of musical and analytical towards my personal preference.

Have to find the right Balanced 2.5mm cable for it (any recommendations?) and then I'm golden 😁
Pick up a tripowin cable on Amazon if you don't want to spend a bunch. They have a huge assortment and some that you can swap connections on.
Personally if I'm paying for a spendy cable I like Viking Weave. Sebastian is awesome to work with and will do his best to make anything you want.
PXL_20220611_032612456.jpg

Nov 14, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #4,465 of 4,796

It does not. We have discontinued the cable a long time ago. We have no stock, and do not plan on any stock of those cables.

If you're interested in trying out some other solutions, there are a plethora of good portable amp/DAC combos on the market that can deliver a very enjoyable listening experience when paired with the Apple CCK adapter. We recommend checking out the Audioquest Dragonfly, Apogee Groove, or Chord Mojo, depending on your tastes and budget.

Here's a target EQ curve for LCDi4s and LCDi3s from our head of signal processing.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Nov 17, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #4,466 of 4,796
I picked up a pair of these at the b-stock sale-- and they sound... disappointing. I'm hearing small peaks all over the midrange. Narrow peaks that give the IEM a honk at certain frequencies. I'm not sure I'm getting a good seal. I think foam eartips may do better, but the bore is too large for any of my Dekoni Bulletz to fit. I'm going a/b with these headphones with the 7Hz Timeless and they're getting smoked. The Timeless sounds smoother and faster-- with better bass response. Am I missing something? I've used the silicon tips and the ribbed tips-- I'll spend more time with them today, but I'm concerned. I'm a huge Audeze fan. I own the LCD-4, LCD-5, and CRBN. I don't want to dismiss these quickly, but they need to get better.

Nov 17, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #4,467 of 4,796
I picked up a pair of these at the b-stock sale-- and they sound... disappointing. I'm hearing small peaks all over the midrange. Narrow peaks that give the IEM a honk at certain frequencies. I'm not sure I'm getting a good seal. I think foam eartips may do better, but the bore is too large for any of my Dekoni Bulletz to fit. I'm going a/b with these headphones with the 7Hz Timeless and they're getting smoked. The Timeless sounds smoother and faster-- with better bass response. Am I missing something? I've used the silicon tips and the ribbed tips-- I'll spend more time with them today, but I'm concerned. I'm a huge Audeze fan. I own the LCD-4, LCD-5, and CRBN. I don't want to dismiss these quickly, but they need to get better.
Dekoni tips fit but you have to stretch them over, takes a good bit of effort. I did this with my 10s and i3s but changed to senda earfit crystal for comfort.
Since my i4s are still on the way, I'm curious what your signal chain is?

Nov 17, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #4,468 of 4,796
You shouldn't need to play with tips. The stock ribbed are fine just resting on the edge of the canal. If the sound isn't agreeable to you like it wasn't for me, you may want to consider eq unless you are allergic. I didn't come to love them till after adding Crinacle's auto eq. Same with the LCD5's. Not great stock, but absolutely love them with Mitch's convolution and still stand by them as my endgame.

Nov 17, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #4,469 of 4,796
I picked up a pair of these at the b-stock sale-- and they sound... disappointing. I'm hearing small peaks all over the midrange. Narrow peaks that give the IEM a honk at certain frequencies. I'm not sure I'm getting a good seal. I think foam eartips may do better, but the bore is too large for any of my Dekoni Bulletz to fit. I'm going a/b with these headphones with the 7Hz Timeless and they're getting smoked. The Timeless sounds smoother and faster-- with better bass response. Am I missing something? I've used the silicon tips and the ribbed tips-- I'll spend more time with them today, but I'm concerned. I'm a huge Audeze fan. I own the LCD-4, LCD-5, and CRBN. I don't want to dismiss these quickly, but they need to get
Eq. These need eq to truly shine.

Nov 17, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #4,470 of 4,796
I'm curious what your signal chain is?
Computer >> WA11 Topaz >> LCD i4 is where I'm at now. I can change it up. I can also engage the Audeze plug-in inside of Roon to see if it helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back