Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Oct 8, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #4,411 of 4,796
I’ve just used those eq presets on my fiio m17. Sounds awesome 😀

Oct 9, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #4,412 of 4,796
@Devodonaldson, @bflat & @normie610 Good Looking Out!!! I like both of the EQ settings recommended. I just got home to try them out using the Parametric EQ in Roon. Sounds pretty damn good so far.. I'm flipping through these EQ settings, The Roon/Audeze DSP profile for the LCD-i4, and No DSP. Pretty interesting contrast. Going to need a few weeks for this. My GS-X Mini is a week old and I'm certain I have yet to hit 100 hours of listening time on my i4's. Thank you all!!

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #4,413 of 4,796
@Devodonaldson, @bflat & @normie610 Good Looking Out!!! I like both of the EQ settings recommended. I just got home to try them out using the Parametric EQ in Roon. Sounds pretty damn good so far.. I'm flipping through these EQ settings, The Roon/Audeze DSP profile for the LCD-i4, and No DSP. Pretty interesting contrast. Going to need a few weeks for this. My GS-X Mini is a week old and I'm certain I have yet to hit 100 hours of listening time on my i4's. Thank you all!!
No problem! Glad that you like it 👍🏼

Oct 9, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #4,414 of 4,796
I found any EQ setting was awesome. They are just so versatile

Oct 9, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #4,415 of 4,796
Well, looks like in a few days i'll be part of this family. Really excited!

While they arrive, i'd like to find the way to connect the lcdi4 to the much more powerful (although still weak) balanced output of my Sony wm1a. I do believe that cables can make differences in sound, but i've always found them very light compared to the improvements that potentially offer other cheaper inversions like tips. So that, i don't want to spend more than 150-200 euros in a cable that could more or less maintain the original's performance and have a good behaviour in terms of ergonomics. After little research, i'm thinking about buying a Lavricables 4.4mm in the most basic, reference line.
¿Do you think it's a good option? ¿or is there any consensus about any other cable in that bracket price that could be better?
I understand that a very light cable could be essential in terms of comfort with the lcdi4... ¿am i wrong?
I'd deeply appreciate any advice, i'm really ignorant about this topic...

Oct 9, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #4,416 of 4,796
How long is a piece of string?
Some argue it does, some argue it doesn't. Maybe something balanced from AliExpress first, then decide later. I got something alot more soft and plush. I found the stock cable a little bit wirey, but the stock cables are apparently pretty darn good quality

Oct 9, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #4,418 of 4,796
Well, looks like in a few days i'll be part of this family. Really excited!

While they arrive, i'd like to find the way to connect the lcdi4 to the much more powerful (although still weak) balanced output of my Sony wm1a. I do believe that cables can make differences in sound, but i've always found them very light compared to the improvements that potentially offer other cheaper inversions like tips. So that, i don't want to spend more than 150-200 euros in a cable that could more or less maintain the original's performance and have a good behaviour in terms of ergonomics. After little research, i'm thinking about buying a Lavricables 4.4mm in the most basic, reference line.
¿Do you think it's a good option? ¿or is there any consensus about any other cable in that bracket price that could be better?
I understand that a very light cable could be essential in terms of comfort with the lcdi4... ¿am i wrong?
I'd deeply appreciate any advice, i'm really ignorant about this topic...
For me the cable's weight only mattered if I used the ear fins. I ended up sticking to using the ear hooks and this is no longer an issue with my cable.

Oct 9, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #4,419 of 4,796
Wanted to share a tip (no pun intended). I found the ear hooks big or small uncomfortable. I also have Stax SR003 MKII and these Bose-style sport ear tips work perfectly. I no longer use the hooks and the fit and sound are excellent.
41h9fntRuNL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Oct 9, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #4,420 of 4,796
Wanted to share a tip (no pun intended). I found the ear hooks big or small uncomfortable. I also have Stax SR003 MKII and these Bose-style sport ear tips work perfectly. I no longer use the hooks and the fit and sound are excellent.
Can these be purchased separately?

... Edit... Found the answer on Amazon.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 1:26 AM Post #4,421 of 4,796
Searching on the thread i've seen that some people suggests reterminating the original audeze cable. Is it possible? Has anyone here had a successful experience doing that? I mean, i don't know if i've understood well this concept, but 3.5mm cables aren't supposed to have three wires instead of the four wires that balanced cables require? Or the one in the lcdi4 has 4 wires?
Sorry for my increasing confusion...

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #4,422 of 4,796
Searching on the thread i've seen that some people suggests reterminating the original audeze cable. Is it possible? Has anyone here had a successful experience doing that? I mean, i don't know if i've understood well this concept, but 3.5mm cables aren't supposed to have three wires instead of the four wires that balanced cables require? Or the one in the lcdi4 has 4 wires?
I'm not a believer that one needs spend multiple hundreds on an in ear cable. Linsoul can be your best friend for a good copper or hybrid 2 pin cable. Yes, the known American names are nice, just overpriced, to me.

Oct 10, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #4,423 of 4,796
Hart Audio Cables does a pretty good job. I usually don't have to spend more than $70 for custom cables from them. Hannah provides excellent customer service and their turn around time is pretty decent. There are lesser priced balanced cables on Amazon as well. It just depends on what you're wanting.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #4,424 of 4,796
The cable itself will have 4 wires, 1 positive and 1 negative for each channel. The included, single ended, 3.5 mm cable has the 2 negative leads (ground) soldered to the single ground on the 3.5 mm plug. A balanced plug will have separate grounds, 1 for each channel. It would be straightforward to replace the plug with a 4.4, just requires some soldering skills.

There is a HeadFi thread on building cables with lots of advice, also this channel has some great detailed advice

I've not reterminated my Audeze cable, I do build all my own cables . . . I enjoy the process and the resulting aesthetics of different wire types.

Oct 12, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #4,425 of 4,796
41h9fntRuNL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
@RPKwan If you're ever at CanJam SoCal or CanJam Dallas I owe you a drink or a meal. Salute.. This is the best thing ever.. No idea how you found this out so credit and props to you.. This is excellent repurposing Bose Stayhear ear tips for the LCD-i4. @Audeze acknowledge your new Tribal Chief! 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back