Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
May 2, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #3,407 of 4,796
Anybody got these sounding nice with a lotoo paw gold touch. I'm thinking of getting some i4

May 2, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #3,408 of 4,796
It really is too bad the LCDi4 is so expensive and isn’t more attainable for more people to enjoy. Now with the LCDi3 available, it seems hard to rationalize almost 3x the price for the LCDi4. But that is the way of high-end audio pricing. Even at a lower price of $1999 USD they would at least be priced competitively with the Shure KSE1200, to which they are frequently compared performance-wise.

May 2, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #3,409 of 4,796
It really is too bad the LCDi4 is so expensive and isn’t more attainable for more people to enjoy. Now with the LCDi3 available, it seems hard to rationalize almost 3x the price for the LCDi4. But that is the way of high-end audio pricing. Even at a lower price of $1999 USD they would at least be priced competitively with the Shure KSE1200, to which they are frequently compared performance-wise.
The saving grace is that if you're quick in pulling the trigger, b-stock have been available for $1,000 around Black Friday. I imagine they'll again be available at that price in six months.

May 3, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #3,410 of 4,796
Has anybody ever ventured to remove the LCD-i4 filters? IMHO it's one of the greatest upgrades one can do. The filters seem to be there just to protect the drivers from dust (thick sponge) or just to prevent too much sound leakage. However I didn't feel this is necessary. The difference I notice is a more open sounding IEM, airier, with better, more delicated treble and superior macro and mico detail as well as instrument separation, it's astonishing. Sounds so much cleaner, sparkly, spacious and emotive. I have never heard anything like this IEM related, nor even the 64 Audio Tia Fourté.

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #3,411 of 4,796
With the LCD-i3 available, you have nothing compared to the LCD-i4. Don't even comes close, sorry for the disappointment :)

I see there's a tendency (or a necessity) to fantasize things, in order to save money, but this is like comparing apples to oranges.

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #3,412 of 4,796
Has anybody ever ventured to remove the LCD-i4 filters? IMHO it's one of the greatest upgrades one can do. The filters seem to be there just to protect the drivers from dust (thick sponge). However I didn't feel this is necessary. The difference I notice is a more open sounding IEM, airier, with better, more delicated treble and superior macro and mico detail as well as instrument separation, it's astonishing. Sounds so much cleaner, sparkly, spacious and emotive. I have never heard anything like this IEM related, nor even the 64 Audio Tia Fourté.

Hey AB. I took out the dust filters on my full-size phones and noticed something similar to what your describing. It never occurred to me to do this with i4s.

I'm looking at them right now. How do you remove the filters? Did you remove the grid cover? Is this safe?

May 3, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #3,417 of 4,796
I am excited about this possibility, but this does concern me. Won't this expose the drivers to dust or other debris?
I don't think it does because of the grids. You are going to keep the grids in. You are just removing the sponge.

In my opinion they are there just to prevent too much sound leakage.

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #3,420 of 4,796
I think I understand. You slip a small screwdriver, like an eyeglass driver, into the seam where the grid cover attaches to the earpiece housing right?

And, you meant to say that there "[isn't ] anything that can break there" correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back