Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Feb 14, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #3,242 of 4,800
I got the lcd-i3 with cipher + anker hooked to laptop, Best Sounding IEM's i've ever heard! Clarity, Precision, Dynamics, All A+

Im tempted now to get another pair, possibly an lcd-i4 new model if i can find one on sale......Audeze + Lightning = Unreal Sound!

I will let you know how the transition is for me when I get my pair later today.

Feb 14, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #3,243 of 4,800
I got the lcd-i3 with cipher + anker hooked to laptop, Best Sounding IEM's i've ever heard! Clarity, Precision, Dynamics, All A+

Im tempted now to get another pair, possibly an lcd-i4 new model if i can find one on sale......Audeze + Lightning = Unreal Sound!
As I've stated a few times on this forum. If you want to take your portable listening up a notch with the Lcdi series, the Monoprice portable DAC has 3 band parametric eq with additional high shelf and low shelf. Takes them to the absolute next level and beyond for portable because you can actually tune the phones on the go.

Feb 14, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #3,244 of 4,800
Just got mine and am a little surprised that the only cable they came with is the 3.5mm cable.
No Cipher/Cipher bluetooth.

Anyone else had the same?? According to www.audeze.com, the two extra Cipher cables should come bundled as standard..

Feb 14, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #3,246 of 4,800
Futureshop, which is an authorised dealer here in the UK.
I also couldn't help but notice that there are less ear tips, ear hooks and fins compared to the LCD-i3.

I just emailed the AD and Audeze support.
Pretty poor accessories for a 2.5k product @Audeze

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #3,248 of 4,800
Sounds like it's a used product or open box item...

Nope, looks brand new and everything was fully sealed. It's got full warranty too.
My guess is that it must have been with the AD for a while (from before Audeze started bundling the two cipher cables with the i4)

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #3,249 of 4,800
Nope, looks brand new and everything was fully sealed. It's got full warranty too.
My guess is that it must have been with the AD for a while (from before Audeze started bundling the two cipher cables with the i4)
Ah ok, yes that makes sense. I've read that the original packaging didn't include all three cables but Audeze would send those to you if notified.

Feb 14, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #3,250 of 4,800
Ah ok, yes that makes sense. I've read that the original packaging didn't include all three cables but Audeze would send those to you if notified.

That's what I thought too. Hopefully some extra ear tips/fins/hooks too.
Would be weird to include all that with a product 1/3 of the price such as the LCD-i3.

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #3,251 of 4,800
Spoke to Audeze, it seems that the AD has had the pair I bought since 2017..
No wonder stuff is missing. I wonder what under the hood improvements have been made since then.

Very curious to see if Audeze's customer service is as good as people say it is...

Feb 14, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #3,252 of 4,800
I just got my lcdi4, are people afraid of ear wax falling into the sound hole? There is a little plastic spike/stick in the center of the sound hole and from the look of it, you can store enough tiny screws in the lcdi4.

Feb 20, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #3,254 of 4,800
WOW these bad boys sound amazing even with the cipher cable out of my iPhone 11 Pro Max.
I would say that they sound almost as good as when connected to my Hugo 2 on Roon with the Audeze DSP.

The sound is very similar but slightly better via Hugo 2. It's insane how performance can be affected by a cable to such an extent.
Mind you, I am using the stock equaliser settings, which are supposed to mimic the Roon DSP. Love it!

Feb 21, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #3,255 of 4,800
WOW these bad boys sound amazing even with the cipher cable out of my iPhone 11 Pro Max.
I would say that they sound almost as good as when connected to my Hugo 2 on Roon with the Audeze DSP.

The sound is very similar but slightly better via Hugo 2. It's insane how performance can be affected by a cable to such an extent.
Mind you, I am using the stock equaliser settings, which are supposed to mimic the Roon DSP. Love it!

yep, wonderful little gems aren’t they? with all the new TOTL IEMs out there, nothing beats them to this day. I’ve been using these babies since 2017, and still at the top of my list :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back