Audeze LCD i3 new release
Aug 19, 2019 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Sound Eq

Headphoneus Supremus
Aug 19, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 12
I posted my initial impressions on another thread, but here they are:

I have a review pair that I'll be covering and while I'm at work, I'm using the Cipher Lightning cable with them now on my iPhone XS and boy am I impressed! Just loving what I'm hearing so far...they sound very expansive and dynamic.The new ear-fins work quite well too! Very balanced, expansive and transparent sounding IEMs that are easier to drive than the LCDi4 (which requires my Hugo2 to fully hit their stride).

Aug 19, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #3 of 12
I posted my initial impressions on another thread, but here they are:

I have a review pair that I'll be covering and while I'm at work, I'm using the Cipher Lightning cable with them now on my iPhone XS and boy am I impressed! Just loving what I'm hearing so far...they sound very expansive and dynamic.The new ear-fins work quite well too! Very balanced, expansive and transparent sounding IEMs that are easier to drive than the LCDi4 (which requires my Hugo2 to fully hit their stride).
how was the fit with new eartips, as many did have few issues with the fit of isine 20

did anything change in the fit design?

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #4 of 12
Quite simple, just put them in your ears and you're good to go. I like their design and how well they fit onto the LCDi3s. While I think I'll still use the ear hooks if I'm going for a jog, but for walking or sitting, they fit quite well with no comfort issues (which I haven't experienced with the iSine20 FWIW).

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #7 of 12
Me too! I’ll give them a quick audition on my Hugo2 tonight.

when i auditioned the lcd i4 straight to an ak sp1000 dap it was good but not like using a cipher cable on my iphone

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #8 of 12
when i auditioned the lcd i4 straight to an ak dap it was good but not like using a cipher cable on my iphone

Yep, EQ-ing (or using Reveal plugin) i4 is a must if you don’t use cipher cable.

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #9 of 12
The thing is I don't want to tie up my iPhone and would rather use my Mac for tunes when lounging around. I can remember the last time I had the 20's they sounded okay but not great going directly into a DAC.

Oct 8, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #11 of 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back