Audeze LCD-4z - Impressions Thread
Feb 16, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #2,282 of 2,477
Alright, all these superlatives and heaping praise has got me over the line. I purchased the local set of 2018 Yellow grilles and they'll be here next week with any luck! Keen to hear these, first time I've owned Audeze's and first ones I've heard since way back in the day with the OG LCD2's.

Gear wise, these will run from a Metrum Onyx DAC and Cavalli LAu amp. Have a balanced DHC 19awg Molecule silver/copper litz hybrid cable ready to go as well.

Feb 16, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #2,283 of 2,477
Just to make things more interesting, a lot of 4Z owners have worked with Audeze to get the 2021 changes into their 4Z so the serial number isn’t enough to judge. I sent my 4Z to Audeze for their LCD-5 upgrade, hated the lCD-5, and spent money on getting my 4Z updated with 2021 features before they sent it back.

Feb 16, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #2,285 of 2,477
Interesting. I guess if you bought used you’d hope/think the owner would disclose newer drivers, for example.

On that note. How much do Audeze charge for a pair of 4z drivers?

if you contact audeze and give them your HP's serial no, then they can give you a full history of the unit, such as when it left factory, what repairs have been made etc.

Feb 16, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #2,286 of 2,477
After weeks of listening, I've concluded that The EE legend Evo is like the 4z in iem form. Obviously the evo are a bit more v shaped, but when I'm wearing evo all day doing errands and come home to listen to the 4z it's almost like nothing changes. They are both intimate, bass dives low, mids are extremely similar. With a bass boost on 4z they sound like brothers! I just thought I'd share

Feb 16, 2022 at 7:26 PM Post #2,287 of 2,477
After weeks of listening, I've concluded that The EE legend Evo is like the 4z in iem form. Obviously the evo are a bit more v shaped, but when I'm wearing evo all day doing errands and come home to listen to the 4z it's almost like nothing changes. They are both intimate, bass dives low, mids are extremely similar. With a bass boost on 4z they sound like brothers! I just thought I'd share
Interesting, I’m getting more into IEM’s and I wonder if the good ones compare favorably to headphones. It sounds like they do!

Feb 16, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #2,289 of 2,477
With evos bone conductors they definitely help give them a headphone like sound. Give em a shot!
I'm thinking about the EE Odin's, which have a similar setup with double DD bass drivers. I bet they sound more like a LCD-4z

Feb 21, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #2,292 of 2,477
My LCD4-Z’s arrived today. They do sound very good. More relaxed and warmer than my HE-6SE’s, less lazer focused and more easier listening. They complement each other well. I haven’t got a lot of time on them but I do like what I’m hearing.

Metrum Onyx DAC > Cavalli LAu > DHC Molecule 19 hybrid copper/silver > LCD4Z

Attachments

• 1CBEDD55-8AC0-49F9-B5CF-6F23DBDD6C0B.jpeg
    1CBEDD55-8AC0-49F9-B5CF-6F23DBDD6C0B.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back