Audeze LCD-4z - Impressions Thread
Apr 29, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #826 of 2,479
Thanks! I can’t wait to finally get to hear them. The only thing that sucks is that I’ve never heard the regular LCD 4. So I will not be able to offer any comparison between them, unfortunately.

The problem is with the 4 I remember the bass a lot more than I do the mids and treble. The bass was insane not just in quantity but in detail. Can't seem to remember the highs so much though. My fear is that they will ultimately be too mellow for me though.

Apr 29, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #827 of 2,479
The problem is with the 4 I remember the bass a lot more than I do the mids and treble. The bass was insane not just in quantity but in detail. Can't seem to remember the highs so much though. My fear is that they will ultimately be too mellow for me though.

Mellow is exactly what I’m looking for. As I’ve gotten older, I find myself even more sensitive to brightness, so I need those upper mids and treble peaks subdued a little.

Apr 29, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #828 of 2,479
I think natural and accurate treble region response is most preferable. There is a dip in the response curve as graphically depicted, and some say that really bothers them but I can listen very critically to my 4z and cymbals sound shimmery, stringed instruments RIP in and out while vocals are appropriately placed with grace. So for my taste, just cant find issue with treble or the 4k hole etc. Maybe ignorance really is bliss?

Apr 29, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #829 of 2,479
I think natural and accurate treble region response is most preferable. There is a dip in the response curve as graphically depicted, and some say that really bothers them but I can listen very critically to my 4z and cymbals sound shimmery, stringed instruments RIP in and out while vocals are appropriately placed with grace. So for my taste, just cant find issue with treble or the 4k hole etc. Maybe ignorance really is bliss?

And ear anatomy plays a role as well. On measurements in the presence region, everyone’s individual concha gain affects how low or high that dip is actually perceived. I truly believe that is at least one of the main reasons people can have such varied opinions on how a headphone sounds, whether dark, bright, or neutral.

Apr 29, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #830 of 2,479
I would love to know if the Micro BL is actually capable of driving the Susvara. If it is, I may actually get a Susvara some day.

give up on the idea of using the susvara portably...aint gonna happen

Apr 29, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #831 of 2,479
give up on the idea of using the susvara portably...aint gonna happen
Sounds like you need a Stromtank for off the grid power.

Stromtank015-e1525910144978.jpg

:L3000:

May 2, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #836 of 2,479
Difficult choice.
Likewise. I'll be comparing them with the Empyrean and Ether 2. Will end up keeping one...at least. :smile_phones:
I’m edging towards the 4Z as I prefer it’s more meaty, rounded sound but I would miss the imaging and (comparative) cleanness of the Empyreans with the fabric pad. Wish I could keep both! I do think they do sound more similar than different though.

May 2, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #837 of 2,479
Difficult choice.

I’m edging towards the 4Z as I prefer it’s more meaty, rounded sound but I would miss the imaging and (comparative) cleanness of the Empyreans with the fabric pad. Wish I could keep both! I do think they do sound more similar than different though.
Just sold my Empyreans and keeping the 4Z .Agree they sound more similar than dissimilar so I couldn’t justify keeping both in my small stable.

May 2, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #838 of 2,479
Just sold my Empyreans and keeping the 4Z .Agree they sound more similar than dissimilar so I couldn’t justify keeping both in my small stable.

Is that the only reason? Because it was to similar? Or is there more of a reason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back