Audeze LCD-4z - Impressions Thread
Apr 28, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #811 of 2,479
The SE is a fantastic headphone. It definitely doesn’t have any upper mid or treble recession. Are you not satisfied with it’s upper end?

Yeah, the Ananda is just bad in my opinion.

Love the SE and keeping it. The day I can find a portable amp that can handle the Susvara I might upgrade to those. Just want that Audeze impact in a more not less aggressive sound think Focal Clear.

I also thought I wanted to upgrade to the 4/4Z but they are both more laid back headphones. I found that I can get more aggressive upper mids and lower treble with the fenestrated dekoni pads on my x. I've actually got all of the deknoni pads and the stock ones, my favorites being the fenestrated.

I haven't looked into the whole pad thing yet. Maybe I should and put some silver cables on my X too.

Apr 28, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #812 of 2,479
Love the SE and keeping it. The day I can find a portable amp that can handle the Susvara I might upgrade to those. Just want that Audeze impact in a more not less aggressive sound think Focal Clear.

If you want a portable dac amp that can power the Susvara, you need to buy the Flux Capacitor.

For Audeze impact with more aggression, I’ve heard the Abyss Phi does that. So maybe even the Abyss Diana Phi would be more your preference.

Apr 28, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #813 of 2,479
If you want a portable dac amp that can power the Susvara, you need to buy the Flux Capacitor.

For Audeze impact with more aggression, I’ve heard the Abyss Phi does that. So maybe even the Abyss Diana Phi would be more your preference.

Ummm.....how can I put this...... not a fan of the Abyss stuff at all......just way overpriced for what it does. Not sure i want that vice on my head again too!

Apr 28, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #814 of 2,479
The day I can find a portable amp that can handle the Susvara

WA11 Topaz Headphone Amplifier / DAC

This device powers the Susvara. The closest thing currently to a portable solution!

Apr 28, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #815 of 2,479
WA11 Topaz Headphone Amplifier / DAC

This device powers the Susvara. The closest thing currently to a portable solution!

Heard the WA11 power an HD800 easily but at 1.2W can it really power the Susvara? Although for the wattage also a little too expensive, costs more than my RME.

Apr 28, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #818 of 2,479
Heard the WA11 power an HD800 easily but at 1.2W can it really power the Susvara? Although for the wattage also a little too expensive, costs more than my RME.

The only powerful portable device there currenly is.

Apr 28, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #819 of 2,479

Lol, I like your flux capacitor reference. I wonder how many head-fiers get it! But regardless of that forget about using a portable anything to drive the Susvara’s.

Apr 28, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #820 of 2,479

Ha, knowing you, thought it was just a joke........but just in case I missed some new product I looked the flux capacitor up. So you got me there for a minute!

i really wanna try the Diana Phi because it looks fantastic but the price is equally fantastic...lol

The Diana was the HP of theirs that I liked the least. It sounded small and bright. Until I hear it again I wouldn't buy for any amount of money.

Lol, I like your flux capacitor reference. I wonder how many head-fiers get it! But regardless of that forget about using a portable anything to drive the Susvara’s.

Yeah Hifi got me for a sec. I would usually say you would need a portable Nuclear Generator to power the Susvara. How many watts min do you need for them?

The only powerful portable device there currenly is.
Well not exactly the most portable the IFI Micro DSD BL seems to be quite a bit more powerful at less than half the price.

Apr 28, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #821 of 2,479
Ha, knowing you, thought it was just a joke........but just in case I missed some new product I looked the flux capacitor up. So you got me there for a minute!

The Diana was the HP of theirs that I liked the least. It sounded small and bright. Until I hear it again I wouldn't buy for any amount of money.

Yeah Hifi got me for a sec. I would usually say you would need a portable Nuclear Generator to power the Susvara. How many watts min do you need for them?

Well not exactly the most portable the IFI Micro DSD BL seems to be quite a bit more powerful at less than half the price.

I would love to know if the Micro BL is actually capable of driving the Susvara. If it is, I may actually get a Susvara some day.

Apr 28, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #822 of 2,479
I agree with @Hifispeakers in that the SE's upper mids are a bit bright. I didn't find any flaws in other aspects, so I am keeping it as well and looking for ways to tame them a bit. Thought about the Susvara, but I am not ready to start a speaker amp game spending a ton of money.
One of a LCD series looks good though. I wish I could have the lcd-x, lcd4z, and ether 2 and do hard head-to-head comparisons for making a decision...

Apr 28, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #823 of 2,479
I agree with @Hifispeakers in that the SE's upper mids are a bit bright. I didn't find any flaws in other aspects, so I am keeping it as well and looking for ways to tame them a bit. Thought about the Susvara, but I am not ready to start a speaker amp game spending a ton of money.
One of a LCD series looks good though. I wish I could have the lcd-x, lcd4z, and ether 2 and do hard head-to-head comparisons for making a decision...

Well I can help you out there. I used to own the LCD X, and Ether 2, and I’m getting the LCD 4Z in a few days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back