Audeze LCD-4z - Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #2,191 of 2,479
Hi, I’m looking for aftermarket cable which can give more high-mid for lcd-4z. Any suggestions would be nice.

Dec 4, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #2,192 of 2,479
Dec 4, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #2,193 of 2,479
Hi, I’m looking for aftermarket cable which can give more high-mid for lcd-4z. Any suggestions would be nice.
I find the nordost heimdall, that you have listed in your signature, does that for me with the susvaras and utopias

if that cable is not terminated for your 4z i would suggest to look at getting adapters so as to use that cable with your lcd4

otherwise i think your next step might be silver cables, or hybrid. (eg norne audio but they are limited by the lack of availability of silver at the moment and it can be quite a waiting period)

Dec 4, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #2,194 of 2,479
You probably should be looking at a silver cable for those attributes. I'm using a Audio Sensibility Statement Silver since day one with my LCD-4z's with fantastic results. You can find it here:

https://audiosensibility.com/blog/p...hone-Cable-Audeze/p/35504923/category=8516930
Thanks Slim, I will take a look.

I find the nordost heimdall, that you have listed in your signature, does that for me with the susvaras and utopias

if that cable is not terminated for your 4z i would suggest to look at getting adapters so as to use that cable with your lcd4

otherwise i think your next step might be silver cables, or hybrid. (eg norne audio but they are limited by the lack of availability of silver at the moment and it can be quite a waiting period)
Hi, thanks for suggestion. Unfortunately my heimdall cable is made for iem. For my experiments on iem with heimdall cable, it will add more subbass, soundstage, clearer and cleaner sound, but a sound will become smoother at the same time. I dont like my 4z is beginning smoother.

Dec 4, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #2,195 of 2,479
I use a Moon Audio Blue Dragon. Its a 24 AWG copper cable (SE) for my 4z and with great results. Mids and highs are accentuated without being harsh compared to standard cable to my ears.

I have another cable by Verus audio 28 AWG silver (BAL) and same effect is achieved but mids and highs are accentuated but are more aggressive.

https://www.moon-audio.com/blue-dragon-headphone-cable-v3.html

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #2,198 of 2,479
Jan 29, 2022 at 1:28 AM Post #2,199 of 2,479
I someday want to get a the LCD5, but after all these years and many tens of thousands of hours listening to my 4z, I don't think I can realistically ever sell these. I made that mistake by trading in my beloved LCD3 pre-fazor cans back in the day, not doing it again.

Jan 29, 2022 at 6:08 AM Post #2,200 of 2,479
I someday want to get a the LCD5, but after all these years and many tens of thousands of hours listening to my 4z, I don't think I can realistically ever sell these. I made that mistake by trading in my beloved LCD3 pre-fazor cans back in the day, not doing it again.
Plus, they are two different sounding headphones that complement each other very well. I own both and although the LCD-5 is better technically, the LCD-4Z’s maybe the last of that old Audeze house sound. The LCD-4Z’s are more musical and has a warmer, fuller sound with deeper, harder hitting bass. The LCD-5’s is all about speed, resolution, and detail. Two totally different presentations to my ears.

Jan 29, 2022 at 6:20 AM Post #2,201 of 2,479
Plus, they are two different sounding headphones that complement each other very well. I own both and although the LCD-5 is better technically, the LCD-4Z’s maybe the last of that old Audeze house sound. The LCD-4Z’s are more musical and has a warmer, fuller sound with deeper, harder hitting bass. The LCD-5’s is all about speed, resolution, and detail. Two totally different presentations to my ears.
The LCD-5 is the Planar move to E-Stat presentation.

I found the 4z to be just about perfect. Along with the D8K Pro my favorite TOTL Planars.

Jan 29, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #2,202 of 2,479
What are you moving on too?
Moving to the Meze Empyrean Elite. Don’t get me wrong, I love the 4Z. Much more than the 5! However, the Elite has a sound stage to die for.

Jan 29, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #2,204 of 2,479
If you want the old Audeze sound, Audeze is no longer the company to go to. Meze comes closest

Jan 29, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #2,205 of 2,479
Meze are over priced
Agreed. But they sound really good. All TOTL headphones are over priced. We are soon gonna hit $7500 -$10,000 for TOTL headphones.

Valkria is already there. Abyss TC is there. T+A is just about there. Susvara is heading there. We are heading into uncomfortable territory for those who are barely stretching to reach the $3500-$5000 mark right now for the ultimate headphone experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back