Audeze LCD-4z - Impressions Thread
Sep 21, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #2,137 of 2,477
Has anyone else felt like there might be a slight volume imbalance in one ear over the other?

In my case, it seems like the right earcup is a bit louder than the other as my other headphones/speakers sound perfectly balanced.

Does anyone else has this issue? What test can I do to make sure they are working fine?

Sep 21, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #2,138 of 2,477
Has anyone else felt like there might be a slight volume imbalance in one ear over the other?

In my case, it seems like the right earcup is a bit louder than the other as my other headphones/speakers sound perfectly balanced.

Does anyone else has this issue? What test can I do to make sure they are working fine?
Reverse/flip your cables (use right cable on left driver and vice versa), and see if the imbalance switches over. If it does, there's something wrong with the cable.

It can also be a connector issue, or it can be an actual driver imbalance.

Contact us at support@audeze.com so we can help you further.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 25, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #2,139 of 2,477
Reverse/flip your cables (use right cable on left driver and vice versa), and see if the imbalance switches over. If it does, there's something wrong with the cable.

It can also be a connector issue, or it can be an actual driver imbalance.

Contact us at support@audeze.com so we can help you further.
I did and the vocals switched over to the left side.

Cable and headphones seem fine (12 and 13 ohm resistance).

This only happens with vocals and I'm guessing because they're so good at imaging, I get this imbalance not because there is something wrong with the headphones or cable but most likely because other headphones/speakers aren't as accurate.

Sep 26, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #2,140 of 2,477
I did and the vocals switched over to the left side.

Cable and headphones seem fine (12 and 13 ohm resistance).

This only happens with vocals and I'm guessing because they're so good at imaging, I get this imbalance not because there is something wrong with the headphones or cable but most likely because other headphones/speakers aren't as accurate.

Test with mono recording then, everything should be dead centre (easily found in youtube).

Sep 28, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #2,141 of 2,477
For those who need clarification as to why the LCD-4/4z have a felt spacer in them, here is Audeze’s response.

“Sorry, please disregard my previous message as it was not completely right. Back in early 2020, we changed the adhesive on our earpads to a slightly raised felt ring rather than a flat adhesive ring. This change allowed for some pressure equalization between the cup and the earpad. This was mainly done for comfort for those that felt the pressure build-up in the cups caused an unwanted "bubble" or "vacuum" effect on their ears, but otherwise doesn't change the sound in a noticeable way.”

“Unlike the other models, this felt ring was installed in the LCD-4 and 4z from a much earlier production time (2017) however, this change has now been implemented in all of our LCD models and comes with new earpad replacements. Since you changed the earpads with a standard pair before this change was made for all of our models, it still came with the older flat style of adhesive.”

“This shouldn't cause any issues with your headphones if you're not feeling that they're uncomfortable due to pressure, so you can listen without worries. Unfortunately, this adhesive comes pre-attached from our vendor and we're not able to provide those adhesive rings separately, so getting the felt would require the replacement of the earpads.”

Sep 30, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #2,142 of 2,477
Hi all! Just got my sealed box LCD-4z. From the box they were not very impressive to compare with my current HD800s. But looks like day-to-day warmup helps. Is it true that they should be warm-up and if yes - how long? I know that some headphones don't need it, but in LCD-4z I really hear the difference between day 1 and after few days.

Sep 30, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #2,145 of 2,477
Hi all! Just got my sealed box LCD-4z. From the box they were not very impressive to compare with my current HD800s. But looks like day-to-day warmup helps. Is it true that they should be warm-up and if yes - how long? I know that some headphones don't need it, but in LCD-4z I really hear the difference between day 1 and after few days.

Such drastic change of sound character from HD800S to 4Z. Brain burn in also would help here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back