Audeze LCD-4
Oct 30, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #8,746 of 11,994
DSCF4806.jpg

All these new toys have arrived! Chuffed like a kid in a candy store. Way too early to say anything conclusive just yet, but what I can tell you is that, compared to the LCD-4 being previously severely underpowered (Grace m9xx), holy moly does this transform things. So much music to listen to!

With regards to the Topping A90 being "thin, sterile or bright", you mileage may vary, but not to my ears. I believe the ADI-2 as a DAC is fairly well documented, and all I can say is that the Topping A90 seems to add very little (read: none that I can pick up on) colour to the mix.

For the price, it seems to be doing the thing it says on the tin, so I'm happy enough. (...) For now.
What is that in the middle, a tube buffer?

Oct 30, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #8,748 of 11,994
Oct 31, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #8,751 of 11,994
I haven't heard a peep about an LCD-5 or whatever it would be called. Many people ask but I haven't seen anything. You will enjoy the LCD-4, I have for a couple of years. Still one of my favorite.

Oct 31, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #8,752 of 11,994
Agreed. I too have been awaiting the next model. I have had mine over three years. I used the LCD-4 so much I sold my other headphones and cables. I know there has been chatter about Audeze reliability for years but I am so confident in the LCD-4 that I let everything else go.

Oct 31, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #8,755 of 11,994
I had the i4 as well. Great in ear, or whatever you want to call it. I used it daily in my office. Changed jobs and now I have to use a closed back, too much background noise. The LCD4 is everything the i4 is, but with more impact and slam. Very similar sound signature.

Oct 31, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #8,756 of 11,994
I’m anxious to upgrade from my LCD 3 to a mint used LCD 4, but they’ve been out so long, I can’t help wonder if the next generation is just around the corner.
Any good rumors around this possibility?

I made this same upgrade and it was very much worth it.

Nov 1, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #8,758 of 11,994
What is a reasonable price from a reseller? I have seen down to about $2500 on eBay, as opposed to the official $4000. At this kind of price point, you both want 1) as low a price as you can get, and 2) to actually get the real product.

I must admit, though, that reading this thread I am starting to worry about failure. If I pay $4000 (or $2500) I would essentially want them to live forever, not for a mere year or two. Maybe I'm more in the market for Focal Utopia, then, since that's old well-tried tech, and has been mentioned frequently as a comparison?

Aside from that: Is the LCD-4 the best headphone for voice? For voice is the part of music that gives me my kicks.

Nov 1, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #8,759 of 11,994
What is a reasonable price from a reseller? I have seen down to about $2500 on eBay, as opposed to the official $4000. At this kind of price point, you both want 1) as low a price as you can get, and 2) to actually get the real product.

I must admit, though, that reading this thread I am starting to worry about failure. If I pay $4000 (or $2500) I would essentially want them to live forever, not for a mere year or two. Maybe I'm more in the market for Focal Utopia, then, since that's old well-tried tech, and has been mentioned frequently as a comparison?

Aside from that: Is the LCD-4 the best headphone for voice? For voice is the part of music that gives me my kicks.
LCD-4 has good warranty support. Both lcd and focal have had failure issues. I own Stellia and LCD-4, if you can’t afford driver replacement out of warranty, then you might want to pass on both. Utopia and Lcd-4 are very different headphones.

Nov 1, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #8,760 of 11,994
I own the LCD4 and used to have the Utopia. Both at the same time for awhile. I enjoyed the vocals on the 4 more than the Utopia. Richer, fuller with just as much detail. I have had my LCD4 for a couple of years no issues. Bought as B stock direct from Audeze at Black Friday sale. $2500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back