Audeze LCD-4
May 26, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #8,341 of 12,024
Well fellas, it looks like I solved my distortion/noise issue. The rep from audeze suggested I move from low gain to high gain on the bryston amp due to possibly not driving them properly, and bam, problem solved. Thank you Mark from audeze!

May 26, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #8,342 of 12,024
I just like the convenience, the amazing imaging, separation and soundstage a good pair of speakers can create. Headphones will always be limited by Physics. I have mostly listened to everything(except SR1A) and even the He-1 is only 5.67541% better than the LCD 4.
I agree, but the room plays a big part in that . I have a stellar 2 channel setup, but due to room interactions (12×12 room) cans to me are more clear, clean, and intimate.

May 26, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #8,343 of 12,024
Got a new head strap made for mine. Charcoal buffalo upper and black young bull lower, raw linen stitching. It gives much better support and keeps a nice gap between the strap and the carbon fiber. Super comfortable, and I really like how it looks.

99919CE5-C79E-4296-AB41-EFA75C41088D.jpeg

May 26, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #8,345 of 12,024
I just like the convenience, the amazing imaging, separation and soundstage a good pair of speakers can create. Headphones will always be limited by Physics. I have mostly listened to everything(except SR1A) and even the He-1 is only 5.67541% better than the LCD 4.

"He-1 is only 5.67541% better than the LCD 4."

"5.67541%" sounds like an extremely calculated specification, not to mention a meticulously labored and refined determination. If it did not sound so suspiciously humorous, I'd even dare to ask what meter or tool you used to arrive at that result. But I couldn't ask without betraying a somewhat challenged sense of humor. :relaxed:

Unless of course my assumptions are wrong, in which case all bets are off:relaxed:

May 28, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #8,346 of 12,024
For people using the LCD-4 with Reveal or any kind of EQ, do you feel that the headphone retains some of its specific Audeze warmth or does it make it sound more balanced and clear? I found that on the LCD-2, even though the profile I was using fixed the FR to large extent, some of the warmth inherent to the headphone was still there and it kinda messed with the clarity of the sound. I've just sold my LCD-2 and I'm considering the LCD-4 as my next purchase among other things but it's a long way off since it's so expensive.

May 28, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #8,347 of 12,024
For people using the LCD-4 with Reveal or any kind of EQ, do you feel that the headphone retains some of its specific Audeze warmth or does it make it sound more balanced and clear? I found that on the LCD-2, even though the profile I was using fixed the FR to large extent, some of the warmth inherent to the headphone was still there and it kinda messed with the clarity of the sound. I've just sold my LCD-2 and I'm considering the LCD-4 as my next purchase among other things but it's a long way off since it's so expensive.
To me the magic of ths headphone is in the original FR so I'm leaving it as is.

May 28, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #8,348 of 12,024

If you prefer something with "cleaner" character should give 4Z a try too

May 28, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #8,349 of 12,024
While I enjoy the stock tuning of the LCD4, I prefer the reveal plugin. It seems to fix some of the treble issue. But I don't notice any reduction in warmth or detail.

May 29, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #8,350 of 12,024
I too prefer the LCD4 with the Roon LCD4 EQ, which is the same as the reveal plugin.

May 29, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #8,351 of 12,024
Received my pair yesterday. These are absolutely fantastic sounding! Currently running through RME ADI-2FS------>Cavalli LP. I was planning on upgrading to a TT2. However now I am not so sure I need to. I might just use those funds towards a couple more pairs of cans, maybe ZMF VC, and something else to compliment the LCD4.

May 29, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #8,352 of 12,024
Received my pair yesterday. These are absolutely fantastic sounding! Currently running through RME ADI-2FS------>Cavalli LP. I was planning on upgrading to a TT2. However now I am not so sure I need to. I might just use those funds towards a couple more pairs of cans, maybe ZMF VC, and something else to compliment the LCD4.
Awesome congrats! I'm loving mine too!
11235999.jpg

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #8,353 of 12,024
Pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back