Audeze LCD-4
Dec 24, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #5,206 of 11,994
I actually just bought a pair of the braided cables second hand here...I had the blue balanced cable and i got the braided 1/4 inch cable and i am surprised how much I like them.....they are really light and comfortable to use and sound quite good...I also have a pair of moon silver dragons which i like as well but they are a bit less comfortable and easy to wear and they have microphonic noise that I do not hear with the Audeze braided cable.....I have recently been experimenting with various different cables and thus far in very limited use i am very impressed with the braided cable....highly recommended!

Thanks, I just ordered the balanced braided cable. I'll use the blue cable with the LCDX. I think the colors will look better too.

Dec 24, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #5,207 of 11,994
  I owned an LCD-X awhile back but had to return it.  I got headaches from the heavy weight.  I loved the sound of the headphones, but just couldn't wear them for more than 30 minutes.  I'm tempted by the LCD-4, but the weight has me concerned.  Can anyone comment on the effect of the LCD-4 carbon fiber headband on how heavy the headphones feel compared to the normal headband on any other LCD headphone?

Give it a try, I find the weight distribution is much better compared to the other LCDs. 
If you listen while relaxing, try to sit tilted backward on a couch or lazzyboy. 

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #5,208 of 11,994

Give it a try, I find the weight distribution is much better compared to the other LCDs. 
If you listen while relaxing, try to sit tilted backward on a couch or lazzyboy. 

I'm headed to a nearby dealer today to do just that!

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #5,209 of 11,994
I have LCD-4 on order.  I am a bit concerned about the 10 hertz rise.  I hear a similar issue on the LCD-3F and do not like it.   On the LCD-3 classic there is no such issue and in spite of its deficiencies it remains the most natural and edge free sounding headphone I ever owned.

Would the vegan pads help this problem and by how much?

Does anyone have exact equalizing instructions to take care of this issue only (I do not want to touch any other area of the frequency spectrum)?

Dec 24, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #5,210 of 11,994
I have LCD-4 on order.  I am a bit concerned about the 10 hertz rise.  I hear a similar issue on the LCD-3F and do not like it.   On the LCD-3 classic there is no such issue and in spite of its deficiencies it remains the most natural and edge free sounding headphone I ever owned.

Does anyone have exact equalizing instructions to take care of this issue only (I do not want to touch any other area of the frequency spectrum)?

Don't stress it till you get it. LCD-4s, unfortunately sound slightly different from one to the other. Mine has no spike, wait till you get yours and see if the signature is acceptable for looking for remedies.

Dec 24, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #5,211 of 11,994
I would think dropping a few db off the 10khz band of an eq would do the trick.  

As mentioned above though, I would wait and see if it actually bothers you and it's not just your brain telling you that it bothers you because you read about it.  Reading stuff like that just sets you up for expectation bias.  I bet if you read that there was a dip at 10khz you'd be eq'ing it up... Trust your ears.

Dec 24, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #5,212 of 11,994

I am not quite sure, but I think that Tyll's review shows eq tricks. 
I have the vegan LCD3F that has no issues with the 10 hertz. On the leather LCD4 it is not annoying. 

Dec 24, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #5,213 of 11,994
The weight of the LCD-4 is very well balanced and not at all difficult to wear for extended periods of time.....don't let the weight dissuade you from buying what might well be the best HP available IMHO

Dec 25, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #5,214 of 11,994
I think that the LCD-4 is even better with EDM than the TH900. 
basshead.gif
 Bass simply doesn't get in the way of the mids. The fully open LCD-4 has little to no internal reflections and a much lower sound pressure level on your ears in direct comparison to the semi-closed TH900. I didn't mind the heightened treble or peaks on my old TH900, but there have been a few in it's thread that have found it to be unbearable.
note: Let me be clear, I'd never recommend anyone buy the LCD-4 just for EDM. Lol.

I'm trying to walk away from my setup, so I can get some good sleep and be up early enough for later today. "One more track" keeps on resulting in hours of unplanned listening. Oops.

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #5,218 of 11,994
I think that the LCD-4 is even better with EDM than the TH900. :basshead:  Bass simply doesn't get in the way of the mids. The fully open LCD-4 has little to no internal reflections and a much lower sound pressure level on your ears in direct comparison to the semi-closed TH900. I didn't mind the heightened treble or peaks on my old TH900, but there have been a few in it's thread that have found it to be unbearable.

note: Let me be clear, I'd never recommend anyone buy the LCD-4 just for EDM. Lol.

I'm trying to walk away from my setup, so I can get some good sleep and be up early enough for later today. "One more track" keeps on resulting in hours of unplanned listening. Oops.

Lol.. that's mostly what I listen to on the 4s.

Dec 25, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #5,219 of 11,994
Does anyone here own or have heard the Yggdrasil and the Master 9 with the LCD4s? I have an Yggy on the way, and I'm used to the Master 11. Any thoughts on how the synergy would be?

Dec 25, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #5,220 of 11,994
Does anyone here own or have heard the Yggdrasil and the Master 9 with the LCD4s? I have an Yggy on the way, and I'm used to the Master 11. Any thoughts on how the synergy would be?

I know nothing about the power out put on the Yggdrasil but the on Master 9 I turn the vol to 85 on some songs with (M 9 has 9W / 40 ohms).
So almost 50% of Master 9 power is being used with the LCD4.
lots of power!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back