Audeze LCD-4
Mar 8, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #2,643 of 11,994
burn in is a very real phenomenon... every pair of headphones i have ever bought has changed significantly with a few hundred hours behind them.  and it really makes sense given they are mechanical systems that flex and loosen up over time. no materials are purely and truly perfectly elastic.

Mar 8, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #2,644 of 11,994
I think if you want the 100 ohms.Brian from RazorDog may have some left if he has not sent those back to have them replaced. And they are cheaper than 4500
◕ ‿ -

http://www.razordogaudio.com/collections/audeze/products/audeze-lcd-4-reference-planar-magnetic-headphone

I would email him to see

Mar 8, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #2,646 of 11,994
  burn in is a very real phenomenon... every pair of headphones i have ever bought has changed significantly with a few hundred hours behind them.  and it really makes sense given they are mechanical systems that flex and loosen up over time. no materials are purely and truly perfectly elastic.

I think the fit of the pads, depending on the construction is an agreed "break in" phenomena - beyond that its not so clear:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/measurement-and-audibility-headphone-break#gKOH8FBVgcb6LJz4.97

Quote:
  Conclusions
Have I shown that break-in exists? No. I wish I could say the slowly descending IMD products is clear evidence ... but it's not. Who knows what that measurement represents. I do think, however, that if break-in is measurable, it would be this type of measurement that would show it. I'm pretty happy something showed up at all.
Have I shown that break-in doesn't exist and is not measurable? No. The slight changes around 9kHz on the CSD plots, and the significant change in IMD products over time do indicate that something is happening, and happening in a way that seems to me to be properly indicative of the things I've heard with break-in effects. I think the nay-sayers need to acknowledge something might be happening here.
The one thing I think I have proved, however, is that if break-in does exist, it is not a large effect. When people talk about night and day changes in headphones with break-in, they are exaggerating. This data clearly shows that the AKG Q701 --- a headphone widely believed to change markedly with break-in --- does not change much much over time.

Read more at http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/measurement-and-audibility-headphone-break-page-4#PmU8S7kbftDXFTrg.99

[bold added to tyll's conclusion]

Mar 8, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #2,647 of 11,994
he did a blind test on YouTube and they were able to pick out the burned in k702 everytime over the non burned in one. Said it was smoother. I believe that the pads getting worn in can make a big change and also just letting your ears adjust to them. I remember the first time I heard audeze headphones at all, my brain didn't accept the imaging for some reason. I felt like the sound was being tunneled to my ears instead of being a natural and open presentation. Now, I don't get that at all and own a pair of lcd-3's. The same pair I had first heard 5 years ago.

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #2,650 of 11,994
Here is the Graph for my LCD-4 200 Ohms

Now GO AND COMPARE!!!

Is this included with a new LCD4?
Does Audeze include a balanced cable as well?

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #2,651 of 11,994
Is this included with a new LCD4?

You have to email Audeze to get the graph

Does Audeze include a balanced cable as well?

HHHHHHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :popcorn:

So the Answer is NO.

Of course when you purchase the Sennheiser HD800S
It comes with the Single 6.3mm jack connector and Balanced cable with XLR4 connector

BUT.... When you ask Audeze if they provide both cables, They say sure!! for $360 more!!!!!!!

LOL , Oh Man that was a Great joke!!!!

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #2,655 of 11,994
You have to email Audeze to get the graph
HHHHHHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
popcorn.gif

So the Answer is NO.

Of course when you purchase the Sennheiser HD800S
It comes with the Single 6.3mm jack connector and Balanced cable with XLR4 connector

BUT.... When you ask Audeze if they provide both cables, They say sure!! for $360 more!!!!!!!

LOL , Oh Man that was a Great joke!!!!

And on the 800S threads, there were many complaints about having to pay for a second cable that the owner might not use.  No way to make everyone happy on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back