Audeze LCD-4
Nov 6, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #1,426 of 12,053
I also have the HE-1K and find the LCD-4 more pleasing. The HE!K is certainly very detailed but the LCD4 has a fuller sound. Comparing the two back and forth, I much prefer the LCD4 with Hi-Res files.

Not many own both headphones, so you are a perfect candidate for expanding on this comparison, so could you please go into more details when you have a chance? It would be highly appreciated. Simple things like LCD4 bass quantity is greater than HEK or vice versa, same for bass quality and articulation. Same for mids and treble control, detail, quantity and quality.

Also would love to hear your opinion on how each of the headphones scale when going from lower end source gear to higher end. Please comment on efficiency as well.

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #1,427 of 12,053
Not many own both headphones, so you are a perfect candidate for expanding on this comparison, so could you please go into more details when you have a chance? It would be highly appreciated. Simple things like LCD4 bass quantity is greater than HEK or vice versa, same for bass quality and articulation. Same for mids and treble control, detail, quantity and quality.

Also would love to hear your opinion on how each of the headphones scale when going from lower end source gear to higher end. Please comment on efficiency as well.

even if the LCD-4 sound better than the KE1000, I will unfortunatly have to buy the HE1000 because I found the LCD-4 way too heacy and therefore uncomfortable.  I sold my-LCD-X for the same reason.  I guess I must have a weak neck !

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #1,428 of 12,053
I'll provide some comments here and on my website. I have a loaner HE-1000 coming also.

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #1,429 of 12,053
  even if the LCD-4 sound better than the KE1000, I will unfortunatly have to buy the HE1000 because I found the LCD-4 way too heacy and therefore uncomfortable.  I sold my-LCD-X for the same reason.  I guess I must have a weak neck !

Can't disagree with you on this...the LCD-4 is HEAVY compared to the HE1k. The HE1k is like wearing nothing while the LCD-4 reminds you that it's there. That being said, the LCD-4 is much more comfortable with he new headband.

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #1,430 of 12,053

Can't disagree with you on this...the LCD-4 is HEAVY compared to the HE1k. The HE1k is like wearing nothing while the LCD-4 reminds you that it's there. That being said, the LCD-4 is much more comfortable with he new headband.

LCD earpads are much more comfortable also, if you compare them with HE-1000 and beyerdynamic T1

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #1,431 of 12,053

+1 Highly agree...thx for forthcoming impressions.

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #1,432 of 12,053
  Are the chrome grills with the Audeze logo a fingerprint magnet? In Tyll's video it looked very smudgy indeed XP 

They can be...but if you handle them by the wooden ear cups, you'll be fine. Much easier that way to keep fingerprint-free than my PS1000e's as they're entirely chrome.

Day 2: And they continue to really impress me! Just a beautiful sound, open and quick!

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #1,433 of 12,053

They can be...but if you handle them by the wooden ear cups, you'll be fine. Much easier that way to keep fingerprint-free than my PS1000e's as they're entirely chrome.

Day 2: And they continue to really impress me! Just a beautiful sound, open and quick!

Clearly a step up from the X?

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #1,434 of 12,053

Clearly a step up from the X?

Definitely a step up from the X/XC/3 after 2 nights!

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #1,435 of 12,053

I have no Audeze and if the 4 obliterates the X I would go straight to the 4 for relatively more future-proofing, or do they simply have different signatures? Curious if the 4 is worth more than double the X to you.

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #1,436 of 12,053
I have no Audeze and if the 4 obliterates the X I would go straight to the 4 for relatively more future-proofing, or do they simply have different signatures? Curious if the 4 is worth more than double the X to you.

After a few nights I'm thoroughly impressed with the LCD-4...definitely very special headphones IMO. But price is a very personal thing, I'll try to cover it in my review though.

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #1,437 of 12,053
After a few nights I'm thoroughly impressed with the LCD-4...definitely very special headphones IMO. But price is a very personal thing, I'll try to cover it in my review though.

How long before your review is up ) I enjoyed reading your Layla piece!

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #1,438 of 12,053
How long before your review is up ) I enjoyed reading your Layla piece!

Most likely end of Nov / early Dec.

Thanks for the kind words! 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back