Audeze LCD-4
Oct 20, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #1,036 of 11,994
Not sure what links I am allowed to post but here is a but more fluff around the Fantastic 4 + the king..

Thank you thankya very much..ahuh..

Parttimeaudiophile RMAF Reports

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2015/10/07/rmaf-2015-audeze-reaching-for-the-king/

Oct 20, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #1,037 of 11,994
Not sure what links I am allowed to post but here is a but more fluff around the Fantastic 4 + the king..

Thank you thankya very much..ahuh..

Parttimeaudiophile RMAF Reports

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2015/10/07/rmaf-2015-audeze-reaching-for-the-king/

Not sure if I'd call it fluff - Scott's a good guy IME. Cheers 

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #1,040 of 11,994
  While I hope the LCD4 doesn't turn into the Windows 8 of the headphone world, where people just reject the new version, I wish Audeze success because I find the LCD3 just very natural and unflashy and appealing.

There is something very sweet and inviting about the Audeze sound that I don't find in others that are technically better in terms of things like soundstage, expansiveness, or image definition. The LCD3 a phone that never sounds raw or raspy or whitish, which is for me a main cause of fatigue or a vague feeling of artificial sound. Nor is it boomy to me.

And the LCD3 bass is also natural, not as cavernous or subterranean as some, but somehow just fits in nicely with the rest of the spectrum, without any hint of subwoofer-itus (or God forbid, a car subwoofer).
I feel that Audeze has a sound that is uniquely expressive in texture and tonality, and this is precious in the headphone world.

So I hope the LCD4 will be judged as some sort of step up from the 3, for at least for me this would be advancing the state of the art to some degree, even if the price implies more than this.

Well stated - great post IMO.

I feel the same about my X, although they sound somewhat different than the 3.  I don't think Audez'e cans are a "quick listen and jot down your first impressions" kind of HP.  They take a bit more time to get to know, and to appreciate.  That's why I am still looking forward on this thread to critical listening impressions of the LCD-4.  

No disrespect meant to the folks who already posted listening comments.  These are still really new cans.

Enjoy your music,
RCBinTN

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #1,042 of 11,994
  >>And now they're saying, sell your EL-8 and buy this special edition EL-8 
The Silver version comes bundled with the cable. The cable will also be available separately to owners of EL8 as we had promised. However, the chip supply is limited at the moment and we are trying to get a handle on the release dates. 

will you guys release a shorter cable for EL-8? i have a closed back and i supposed this is also designed for portable use....
Just wondering can it be portable with a 2 meters cable ? 
beyersmile.png

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #1,044 of 11,994
  The lightning cable is shorter than the regular cables that is supplied with the EL8. For the portables the EL8 has separate balanced cables for Pono, A&K, Sony etc and I believe they are shorter.  
Do you want the regular cable to be shorter as well ?

let me check on the lightning cable then, yes regular cable should be shorter maybe for those who are just using ordinary daps. 

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #1,046 of 11,994
I don't think Audez'e cans are a "quick listen and jot down your first impressions" kind of HP.  They take a bit more time to get to know, and to appreciate.

Exactly this. It took me a long long time to really start loving my LCD2c. Now I don't see myself listening to anything else. At first, I wasn't really impressed with them, but after several months, I cannot find a more immersive experience anywhere else.

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #1,050 of 11,994
I still have one, a ED10.
eek.gif

So i could replay the video live here on my stage! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back