Audeze LCD-4
Sep 22, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #9,766 of 12,047
I concur. I was hoping for an LCD4 with better upper mids and more technically proficient, at least more detailed. But without sacrificing what the LCD4 does well such as bass.
Then you're in for a real treat! Throw in stat-like quickness that only a few non-stat headphones can achieve, outstanding detail retrieval and a more balanced approach through the mids to the treble WITHOUT sacrificing the killer LCD-like bass (only tighter and faster with the same level of slam). Day three now with them and as I'm getting to know them better I am absolutely loving what I'm hearing! Throw in the 1/3 weight reduction and added comfort for the win!

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #9,767 of 12,047
I TOTALLY wish. I'd actually consider one this time around.
Just a shot in the dark...maybe make them like the McRib and bring them back from time to time? They are VERY special headphones and at that price point, a HiFi steal! TOTL level quality for under $3000 (AND with a great amplifier).

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #9,768 of 12,047
Then you're in for a real treat! Throw in stat-like quickness that only a few non-stat headphones can achieve, outstanding detail retrieval and a more balanced approach through the mids to the treble WITHOUT sacrificing the killer LCD-like bass (only tighter and faster with the same level of slam). Day three now with them and as I'm getting to know them better I am absolutely loving what I'm hearing! Throw in the 1/3 weight reduction and added comfort for the win!
Ooh, I need to hear these!

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #9,769 of 12,047
This is easily the best sales pitch I've seen for this headphone so far.

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #9,770 of 12,047
This is easily the best sales pitch I've seen for this headphone so far.
Just sharing what I'm hearing in "real-time" about the LCD-5 and the LCD-R are quite special indeed!

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #9,771 of 12,047
Throw in stat-like quickness that only a few non-stat headphones can achieve

Which headphones would you put into that camp, for the sake of comparison?

Sep 22, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #9,775 of 12,047
(deleted, wrong thread)

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #9,776 of 12,047
Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #9,777 of 12,047
Everything I have on hand is in my profile. :)

You can also find my reviews here:
https://headphone.guru/author/macedonian-hero/
Ok.. thanks... for some reason I thought you might have had the Stealth .... I noticed on your reviews that you did like the Hedd .... how does the LCD-5 compare sound wise... we know its big and heavy but I'm more curious how the Hedd compares to the LCD-5

Sep 23, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #9,778 of 12,047
Everything I have on hand is in my profile. :)

You can also find my reviews here:
https://headphone.guru/author/macedonian-hero/
For all of us LCD-R owners, could you give a short comparison between the LCD-R and LCD-5? Apart from the slightly more mid forward nature of the LCD-5 (compared to the LCD-R), how do the dynamics compare? Is the bass on equal footing between the two?

I would LOVE to have a headphone that sounds as good (or better!) than my LCD-R, but in a light, more ear-friendly package.

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #9,779 of 12,047
did anyone install new lcd pads on their LCD4, what would the change be with a 2019 lcd4

is it easy to install pads on lcd4

Sep 25, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #9,780 of 12,047
Ok.. thanks... for some reason I thought you might have had the Stealth .... I noticed on your reviews that you did like the Hedd .... how does the LCD-5 compare sound wise... we know its big and heavy but I'm more curious how the Hedd compares to the LCD-5
While I'm a big fan of the HEDDphones, the LCD-5 are on a whole new plain of existence. Just better across the board...FR response, transparency, comfort, sound staging, detail extraction, etc... But comparing them isn't entirely fair due to the large price discrepancy IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back