Audeze LCD-4
Sep 19, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #9,662 of 11,995
Sep 19, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #9,666 of 11,995
So, where is everyone seeing these "leaks"?
A poster made a thread about them from a website he found. Head-fi shut down his thread, and the previous website was changed to no longer show the new Audeze designs. Given that Headfi and the site quickly erased that info, I can only assume that it was accurate and the site just made a mistake and posted that info too early

Sep 19, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #9,669 of 11,995
"Then we upgraded the functionality of their existing LCD headphones by improving....." Wording that accompanies that disassembled diagram.
I definitely noticed that too.

Sep 19, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #9,670 of 11,995
Yeah, the wording there is weird - like it's not Audeze speaking in the first person, but another entity referring to what THEY have done with Audeze's products. ""Then we upgraded the functionality of their existing LCD headphones by improving.....". Maybe Audeze partnered with an industrial design consultant firm to rethink their whole aesthetic, and this is the ID consultant's press release?

The above scenario would also be a VERY smart move by Audeze. But I'm still hoping for a lcd-5.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #9,672 of 11,995
Don't forget: the wee dates in the official teaser graphic still point to a lcd-5.

Sep 19, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #9,673 of 11,995
I'm ready to empty my pockets... tomorrow cannot come sooner.

Sep 19, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #9,674 of 11,995
Yeah, the wording there is weird - like it's not Audeze speaking in the first person, but another entity referring to what THEY have done with Audeze's products. ""Then we upgraded the functionality of their existing LCD headphones by improving.....". Maybe Audeze partnered with an industrial design consultant firm to rethink their whole aesthetic, and this is the ID consultant's press release?

The above scenario would also be a VERY smart move by Audeze. But I'm still hoping for a lcd-5.
It sounds like something a design firm would write about a project collaboration. This was the case for the EL-8 https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-closed-back

Sep 19, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #9,675 of 11,995
I'm ready to empty my pockets... tomorrow cannot come sooner.
Me too! Though I have a figure in mind, that though scary, I am resolved to go for it. I just hope it is not too far north of what I'm thinking! 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back