Audeze LCD-4
Apr 6, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #9,121 of 12,019
Closed back LCD4 and lighter LCD4 on the way as I understand based on the hints dropped by Audeze representatives on the LCD-X magnet and pad 2021 update forum.
Schiit, I ordered an LCD-4 last week :face_palm:

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #9,122 of 12,019
Closed back LCD4 and lighter LCD4 on the way as I understand based on the hints dropped by Audeze representatives on the LCD-X magnet and pad 2021 update forum.
isnt the 4z a lighter 4?

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #9,123 of 12,019
I will be very disappointed if all we get is a updated LCD-4. After 6 years I am looking for a brand new flagship.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #9,124 of 12,019
Personally, I don't find the LCD-4 heavy or uncomfortable at all. It sits nicely balanced on the head with very good weight distribution. Even my petite wife has no problem with it, FWIW. But I guess it bothers enough people for Audeze to address the matter.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #9,126 of 12,019
Personally, I don't find the LCD-4 heavy or uncomfortable at all. It sits nicely balanced on the head with very good weight distribution. Even my petite wife has no problem with it, FWIW. But I guess it bothers enough people for Audeze to address the matter.

My guess is that you are in the minority. I loved mine but man it was a 735 gram brick and moving my head from side to side I could really feel the weight shift.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #9,127 of 12,019
I will be very disappointed if all we get is a updated LCD-4. After 6 years I am looking for a brand new flagship.
I like my LCD-4 so much that it may be the only ToTL headphone I own where I'm not really all that interested in a new flagship. It is hard for me to imagine the LCD-4 getting a lot better without it losing what makes it special, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

I don't mind the weight either, but I added some Dekoni Nuggets to relieve pressure on the top of my head, which gets painful during a long listening session.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #9,129 of 12,019
Well I'm not too concerned if they keep the same name but update the driver, magnets + add a lighter frame.

I'm not so interested in an LCD-5 for $5999. Wouldn't put it past them though :D
I think the LCD4 is at the limit of how expensive a headphone should be. Do we really need a LCD5 that carries a ridiculous price tag? If they however released a co-flagship along with the existing LCD4 I think this would be much more acceptable as it could carry a similar price tag. It all comes down to how they decide to market the headphone.

If they modified the existing magnet structure of the LCD4 and made it lighter and sound better why is this not good enough?

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #9,130 of 12,019

No need to be dissapointed, just patient.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #9,131 of 12,019
In some online stores the LCD4 has disappeared or is not available ... and on the official website audeze uk it is sold out.

It may be that we have news soon, and that the stock that exists may be small stores.
I spoke to my dealer about this. They are out of stock due to a worldwide wood shortage. I put in my order and supposedly it’s gonna be at least 6 weeks until I get it.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #9,132 of 12,019
I like my LCD-4 so much that it may be the only ToTL headphone I own where I'm not really all that interested in a new flagship. It is hard for me to imagine the LCD-4 getting a lot better without it losing what makes it special, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

I don't mind the weight either, but I added some Dekoni Nuggets to relieve pressure on the top of my head, which gets painful during a long listening session.
I agree about the LCD-4 just having its own thing. I see a lot of people saying it's dark, bassy, veiled and things like that and I understand where they are coming from but I know I really love it for what it does do very well.

Thanks for tip on the Dekoni Nuggets. I have seen them around here and I may as well give it a try. Yes, the strap can definitely put some pressure on the top of your heard after a while.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #9,135 of 12,019
I agree about the LCD-4 just having its own thing. I see a lot of people saying it's dark, bassy, veiled and things like that and I understand where they are coming from but I know I really love it for what it does do very well.

Thanks for tip on the Dekoni Nuggets. I have seen them around here and I may as well give it a try. Yes, the strap can definitely put some pressure on the top of your heard after a while.
I haven't seen the implementation of the dekoni nuggets on the LCD4, but I would expect a ZMF pilot pad to give a better result due to more even distribution. I have one lying around, and in fact I'll try that tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back