Audeze LCD-4
Apr 8, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #3,406 of 11,995
  Has anyone tried vegan pads on the LCD-4 yet? Wondering how it affects sound as I am considering them because of how comfortable they are.

The LCD 3 with vegans have less treble than with the leather pads. In reality the vegan pads on a pair of LCD 3F have almost the same treble energy as an LCD 3C. I have tried this truly and the difference was 1-1.5 dB from the present region and up. The same is true with the HE6. With the Audeze vegan pads the treble energy is lowered compared to the leather or focus pads. Stock HE6 has much more treble than the LCD 3 to start with, so the decrease in treble with the vegan was to my liking when using HE6 but not with the LCD3.

I agree the vegan pads is a bit more comfortable, the leather is not bad thou. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #3,407 of 11,995
wonder what tyll's hearing range is?

Good to about 17kHz in my left ear; 13kHz in my right. My hearing doc said my left ear is like a teenager. 

When I was in the Coast Guard as an 18yo, after all the tests and physical, they pulled me aside and asked if I would like to be a sonar man. My hearing when I was young was good beyond the frequency they tested.  Back in the day, TVs and sonic triggered outdoor lights would drive me crazy.

Apr 8, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #3,408 of 11,995

Good to about 17kHz in my left ear; 13kHz in my right. My hearing doc said my left ear is like a teenager. 

When I was in the Coast Guard as an 18yo, after all the tests and physical, they pulled me aside and asked if I would like to be a sonar man. My hearing when I was young was good beyond the frequency they tested.  Back in the day, TVs and sonic triggered outdoor lights would drive me crazy.

I remember the good old days when I would be regularly aware of and annoyed by Flyback Transformer whine.  Not really an issue now that CRTs are almost extinct (and I'm a lot older)....

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #3,409 of 11,995

you've got a great left ear man :wink:

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #3,411 of 11,995
Looks like my ears go up to about 18kHz.

EDIT: Been testing stock versus EQ'd (Tyll's EQ) and I can't stand his EQ.
It drowns the audio in bass and muddies up the beautiful clash of the cymbals and plucks of the guitar strings.

Don't take a headphone that does many things very good and EQ the sound to hell IMO. I also perceive the EQ as slowing down the sound in many tracks I have come to love with this headphone. Thunderstruck by AC/DC for example.

This is coming from a basshead, too. I find much more pleasure out of the entire experience without the sub frequency gain, mid frequency gain on 5k and drop of 16k.

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #3,412 of 11,995
  They have had my LCD-X for over a month now and haven't updated me at all on them.  I called this week to find out and on Tuesday I got a woman on the phone who said she couldn't look it up for me because she was working from home and had closed her system for the day (there were still a few hours they should have been open for), but that she would call me back yesterday.  Not a call yesterday or today so I called back.  She gave me the same exact story about the system being closed for the day and working from home.  This is totally unacceptable service for $1700 headphones, let alone $4,000 ones.  

Following up on this I still do not have my LCD-X back.  Audeze has lied to me over and over about the reasons I haven't got it back yet.  They said they were going to send me a brand new pair to replace the pair that I know they received nearly a month ago now.  This has been going on since NOVEMBER.  WHERE ARE MY HEADPHONES?  I was told multiple times that they would be shipped out by the latest Friday this week and was promised I'd have a call with the tracking number as well as an email, I have received NEITHER.  The way Audeze treats their customers is completely unacceptable.  

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #3,413 of 11,995
  Following up on this I still do not have my LCD-X back.  Audeze has lied to me over and over about the reasons I haven't got it back yet.  They said they were going to send me a brand new pair to replace the pair that I know they received nearly a month ago now.  This has been going on since NOVEMBER.  WHERE ARE MY HEADPHONES?  I was told multiple times that they would be shipped out by the latest Friday this week and was promised I'd have a call with the tracking number as well as an email, I have received NEITHER.  The way Audeze treats their customers is completely unacceptable.  

I'm scared, they have a pair of mine!

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #3,414 of 11,995
^  I'd give them a call.  They had my LCD 3's for 2-3 months once, (I was never sure why it took so long), . . . no problem since then.

edit:  maybe when they ship out new ones, as in my situation, there is a longer delay  . . .
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #3,415 of 11,995
At least they didn't send yours back to you broken 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 8, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #3,417 of 11,995
As much as this is an Audeze related thread, let's keep this to the LCD-4, eh?

Still no proven 200 ohm failures, keeping my fingers crossed mine lasts.

Apr 8, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #3,418 of 11,995
  As much as this is an Audeze related thread, let's keep this to the LCD-4, eh?

Still no proven 200 ohm failures, keeping my fingers crossed mine lasts.

They haven't done anything for me unless I have to publicly shame them, and the LCD-4 thread is the best place for that on here.

Last time I did it I had an email reply within 45 minutes of shaming them in here when multiple phone calls and emails did nothing.

Apr 9, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #3,419 of 11,995
It's so weird for me to read a post like that. So many of us have been dealing with Audeze for years, and never have I experienced anything remotely resembling what you're describing. Even before I became a customer four years ago, I've never had a single issue reaching them. Actually, that's not true. One time there was a slight delay because they were out of town at CES or RMAF, and literally nobody was in the office since they're such a small operation. And I certainly don't hold that against them in the slightest. Beyond that, I cannot imagine why anyone would have any difficulty reaching them. 

Apr 9, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #3,420 of 11,995
  It's so weird for me to read a post like that. So many of us have been dealing with Audeze for years, and never have I experienced anything remotely resembling what you're describing. Even before I became a customer four years ago, I've never had a single issue reaching them. Actually, that's not true. One time there was a slight delay because they were out of town at CES or RMAF, and literally nobody was in the office since they're such a small operation. And I certainly don't hold that against them in the slightest. Beyond that, I cannot imagine why anyone would have any difficulty reaching them. 

Oh I've spoken to them on the phone many times, but every time its some kind of excuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back