Audeze LCD-3 vs Fostex TH-900?
Jul 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #91 of 356
Quote:
^^^ Sweet DSG!! I know I'm excited, and glad to see someone will share that excitement with me! The LCD-3's are fantastic. They are particular about amps though. When I got mine I was running a BiFrost/Lyr combo and I was like "OK where's the beef?". Then I got the Stratus and I heard what the fuss was all about. 

I think this is it really: The LCD-3s with serious kit are highly detailed, yet impactful. The TH-900s are more "fun" with a big bass kick but don't have the micro-detail.  There is a lot of music I have more in the direction of modern and pop that sounds a bit bland out of the LCD-3s that the TH-900s made more enjoyable (as would the TH-600s or Ultrasone Sig DJs for similar reasons). Likewise my best recordings where you can hear how the players' clothes shift as they move and other uncanny stuff is better with the LCD-3s.

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #92 of 356
Quote:

I think this is it really: The LCD-3s with serious kit are highly detailed, yet impactful. The TH-900s are more "fun" with a big bass kick but don't have the micro-detail.  There is a lot of music I have more in the direction of modern and pop that sounds a bit bland out of the LCD-3s that the TH-900s made more enjoyable (as would the TH-600s or Ultrasone Sig DJs for similar reasons). Likewise my best recordings where you can hear how the players' clothes shift as they move and other uncanny stuff is better with the LCD-3s.

Hey there sir, I suspect I might have the same experience. I'm really looking forward to listening to bands like "The Knife" or perhaps "Atoms for Peace" on the Fostex cans. 

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #94 of 356
^^^ Well DSG, I for one am interested in hearing your opinion on the Audeze's. But for now, I suggest we both revel in the new Fostex TH900's we will be getting tomorrow. That is all...

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #95 of 356
Quote:

same here!!!!! i did next day shipping!!!

beerchug.gif

and i hope to get LCD-3 in the next month or 2

If you like Dubstep, your gonna love the TH900s. There's simply no comparison for the impact heard with them versus the LCD2s. 

Also something I've noticed is that live recordings with the TH900s sound like you are there. With the LCD2, it sounds like a recording. No LCD-3 here to compare with though.

Jul 20, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #99 of 356
I think I may have to give the LCD-3s a try. I'm finding the TH900s a bit too harsh in the treble for my ears. It may just be me, but I really prefer a more laid back treble.

My LCD-2s, while they don't resolve as much information in general, sound more lush and pleasant to me despite not having as much sub bass. 

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #100 of 356
lcd-2 are much smoother yes. im sure lcd-3 will be really nice

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #101 of 356
Quote:
lcd-2 are much smoother yes. im sure lcd-3 will be really nice

I was listening to this Dead Can Dance track with the TH900s and the triangle (or whatever instrument it is) at about 45 seconds was downright painful to my ears at a very normal (not super high) volume:

I know some prefer strong treble but my ears I guess are sensitive to it. 

I'm wondering, do the LCD-3s have smoother treble that is a bit laid back (but a bit more resolving than the LCD-2s)?

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #104 of 356
Jul 20, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #105 of 356
how different are LCD-2 and LCD-3 really? 

i heard them at the chicago meet but it wasn't for long enough to really notice a huge difference. the LCD-3 just seemed creamier in the midrange and smoother as well  as darker. didn't see how bass and treble where different though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back