Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 31, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #7,141 of 7,334
If the bass sounds like it's wildly changing between tracks that sounds like there's another issue going on.
I think I just don’t like the tuning, I’ve confirmed with others that they are working properly who know what they sound like. There are a few select tracks that sound really good through them, but I have to Cherry pick so much of the experience, that I’d rather just use a different headphone. I’m not a fan of EQing to get a piece of gear to sound better, it shouldn’t be my job to tune someone else’s product to my liking. The tambre sounds really off and there’s a lot of effects I’m listening for on tracks that just aren’t coming through.

The completely linear phase response is cool, but I think if I ever want another Audeze, the MM-500 seems like exactly what I want.

Dec 31, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #7,142 of 7,334
Audeze is a bit like Grado IMO. Not that they have the same sound but they're both very "if you like the house sound" type brands. They have a lane and it's entirely possible that they just aren't really your thing. That's the cool part about this gear, you can always find something that lands where you want it. Like I listen to mine without any EQ at all, I don't want anything changed, but that's just because my tastes align with what they do.

I will also say I'm sad because I sized up my ear jewelry so for a few days I can't wear my big cans lol

Jan 1, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #7,143 of 7,334
Audeze is a bit like Grado IMO. Not that they have the same sound but they're both very "if you like the house sound" type brands. They have a lane and it's entirely possible that they just aren't really your thing. That's the cool part about this gear, you can always find something that lands where you want it. Like I listen to mine without any EQ at all, I don't want anything changed, but that's just because my tastes align with what they do.

I will also say I'm sad because I sized up my ear jewelry so for a few days I can't wear my big cans lol
Actually Audeze really branched out and don't Stick to their characteristic house sound, that made them famous, anymore.

So LCD-2, 3 and 4 are the "old" house sound
While CRBN, MM500 and LCD-5 are a more neutral tuning

Jan 1, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #7,144 of 7,334
Actually Audeze really branched out and don't Stick to their characteristic house sound, that made them famous, anymore.

So LCD-2, 3 and 4 are the "old" house sound
While CRBN, MM500 and LCD-5 are a more neutral tuning
Well sure they're branching out a bit, even Grado is doing that, and Audeze started with the LCD-X, but there is an "Audeze sound" that is typical of their primary line that just doesn't click for some people.

Don't forget the reason the LCD-2C exists is because people wanted to go back to the original sound over their attempt at further neutrality.

Jan 6, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #7,146 of 7,334
Got my LCD-2C in yesterday, long time fan of the non-Fazor LCD-2 but the right driver died so I got these.

Anyway I am pretty sure these headphones were specifically made to listen to Massive Attack - Mezzanine. Like I think Audeze hired Massive Attack to work on these headphones lol

Attach files

Jan 10, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #7,147 of 7,334
Well today I dropped of my original LCD2 non-fazor(dead right driver) to FedEx to be shipped back to Audeze. They are going to rebuild them completely, new headband, earpads and the latest fazor drivers.

That way I will have the Classic and Fazor. I am going to rig something up so I have both of my laptops playing the same exact song at the same time, one going to the RME ADI-2 and another going to the SMSL SP200. I will do my best to earmatch and try and pick out the differences swapping them back and forth.

Hope it doesn't take Audeze too long to get them back to me.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #7,148 of 7,334
Well today I dropped of my original LCD2 non-fazor(dead right driver) to FedEx to be shipped back to Audeze. They are going to rebuild them completely, new headband, earbuds and the latest fazor drivers.

That way I will have the Classic and Fazor. I am going to rig something up so I have both of my laptops playing the same exact song at the same time, one going to the RME ADI-2 and another going to the SMSL SP200. I will do my best to earmatch and try and pick out the differences swapping them back and forth.

Just be careful. You may end up like me, keeping both, after you discover that they are surprisingly different. I'll look forward to your comparison!

Jan 10, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #7,150 of 7,334
Jan 10, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #7,151 of 7,334
How often does Audeze do their b-stock sales?

There is also this outlet that sells authorized b-stock: https://www.ebay.com/usr/worldsbestheadphones

Their prices are a bit higher than those you would find during Black Friday season, when Audeze runs its own deals. But, you don't have to wait for the once-a-year window to open or worry that you still won't manage to snag the pair you want. Also, World's Best entertains offers on their headphones, so you can also shoot for a price lower than what's listed.

Jan 10, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #7,152 of 7,334
Jan 10, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #7,154 of 7,334
I couldn't find any big sale from Audeze during the summer over the last few years on the Deals Discussion Thread (it is possible I missed it in my search, of course), but I did find two non-holidays, non-Black Friday sales. I posted those below. One's from October 2020 and one's from February 2021. Looking through a bunch of Audeze deals posted on that thread, I think the pattern is that they run a sale for Black Friday and then a sale at some other random time. It looks like they have that second sale whenever they feel they need to and then shoehorn it onto whatever holiday is handy. Unfortunately, that's going to mean unpredictability until next November.

The good news is that whenever they have a sale, it will absolutely be posted by someone on that Deals thread. There's a bunch of us over there scouring the web for deals frequently, so nothing is going to slip by us.

Audeze's Oktoberfest Barrel Aged Sale - https://www.audeze.com/products/audeze-oktoberfest-sale?

Save up to 50% on "New Old Stock"

LCD-i4 (New w/ Leather Carry Case, no BT or CIPHER)

SALE PRICE: $1,195.00
Save 52% $2,495.00

LCD-4 (200 ohms, Suspension Headband w/ Travel Case)
SALE PRICE: $2,895.00
Save 27% $3,995.00

LCD-X (Suspension Headband w/ Travel Case)
SALE PRICE: $999.00
Save 41% $1,699.00

LCD-XC Bubinga (Suspension Headband w/ Travel Case)
SALE PRICE: $1,099.00
Save 38% $1,799.00

Special Valentine Edition iSINE LX's just $59 until February 15th!

https://www.audeze.com/products/valentines-day-sale-2021

Jan 10, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #7,155 of 7,334
Well today I dropped of my original LCD2 non-fazor(dead right driver) to FedEx to be shipped back to Audeze. They are going to rebuild them completely, new headband, earpads and the latest fazor drivers.

I have my LCD-3 at Audeze getting new drivers installed. A friend of mine was over and cranked the volume ridiculously high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back