Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
May 29, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #3,016 of 7,335
May 29, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #3,018 of 7,335
Has anyone tried the 2C with the Woo WA8 Eclipse or the ALO Continental V5? I'm curious how they will effect the sound of the 2C vs the Mojo

May 30, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #3,020 of 7,335
May 30, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #3,021 of 7,335
Woah!!! I reached my endgame(i think...). I fell in love with the Audeze iSine 10's and they are my gym/commute headphones. I read like 20 reviews on the LCD 2C's from various places and now I'm kinda of annoyed because many places said they weren't comfortable. They also said they are too warm and encroach on the lower mids, etc. These cans feel like a babies butt and don't feel heavy at all. I wear glasses and they weren't annoying with glasses on in the least. This headphone is not boring but fun, rich and has a deep/darkness to that I can't get enough of. My only neg is when I had to adjust the cans for height and it was stifffff.. Audeze has my attention and my money :p

I listened to music on these cans for 6 hours straight while laying down, very comfortable and no issues. I almost made the mistake of not buying these due to some reviewers. The reviews by people on here and other places off youtube were mostly positive so I went for them.. Good choice!!

Attachments

• IMG_20180530_153826.jpg
    IMG_20180530_153826.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #3,022 of 7,335
Btw.. what is the best music to test the soundstage and overall imaging?

May 31, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #3,023 of 7,335
Woah!!! I reached my endgame(i think...). I fell in love with the Audeze iSine 10's and they are my gym/commute headphones. I read like 20 reviews on the LCD 2C's from various places and now I'm kinda of annoyed because many places said they weren't comfortable. They are too warm and encroach on the lower mids, etc. These cans feel like a babies butt and don't feel heavy at all. I wear glasses and they weren't annoying with glasses on in the least. This headphone is not boring but fun, rich and has a deep/darkness to that I can't get enough of. My only neg is when I had to adjust the cans for height and it was stifffff.. Audeze has my attention and my money :p
I couldn't agree more these are lovely cans they look amazing and i love the sound and the build is great for EDM these really do shine with there deep Bass. Was listening to some deep house earlier and boy these deliver. Only thing i may change in the near future is my Magni 3 for something else after a desktop Amp i use a Musical Fidelity v90 dac that im happy with

May 31, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #3,024 of 7,335
I couldn't agree more these are lovely cans they look amazing and i love the sound and the build is great for EDM these really do shine with there deep Bass. Was listening to some deep house earlier and boy these deliver. Only thing i may change in the near future is my Magni 3 for something else after a desktop Amp i use a Musical Fidelity v90 dac that im happy with

I was using a Pioneer XDP-300R with balanced cables for it. I have yet buy a desktop amp as of yet. I was listening to pop/r&b for the most part. FKA Twigs has the craziest details and sounds in her music and I was hearing things off in the distance with clarity. Impressive.

Jun 1, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #3,027 of 7,335
Hi has anyone used the LC2C with the ifi micro idsd? How does this combination sound?
Thanks
I sometimes use it with my iFi iCan SE. It is pretty good. Can't fault anything. But despite the high power rating, what it loses to a desktop amp like the Burson CV2+ is that bass tautness and soundstage. iCan SE can sound a bit stuffy and lacks air, when compared to the Burson. But when I don't compare them, nothing sounds wrong to my ears.

I used to own micro iDSD, micro iDSD BL, and iCan SE all at the same time. I would say their amp section is roughly around the same plane.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #3,028 of 7,335
As good looking and great sounding they are, I have to depart from my LCD2Cs. I often have headphones on my head for 5-6 hours and the Audezes just become too heavy after a couple of hours. Also, the impactful and punchy sound which is impressive at first becomes a little overwhelming after a few hours. Still the best sounding headphones I heard under £1000 so far. (If secondhand market doesn't count.) Great value for money. I wish they would weigh 100g less.
IMG_20180601_164630075_HDR.jpg

Jun 1, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #3,029 of 7,335
As good looking and great sounding they are, I have to depart from my LCD2Cs. I often have headphones on my head for 5-6 hours and the Audezes just become too heavy after a couple of hours. Also, the impactful and punchy sound which is impressive at first becomes a little overwhelming after a few hours. Still the best sounding headphones I heard under £1000 so far. (If secondhand market doesn't count.) Great value for money. I wish they would weigh 100g less.

This is very true, they can become overwhelming and you can feel drawn to music which maintains it. They aren't a subtle headphone, nor do they feel as such on your head. Definitely a horse for a course..then again, hard to adjust to other headphones after them.

Jun 1, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #3,030 of 7,335
This is very true, they can become overwhelming and you can feel drawn to music which maintains it. They aren't a subtle headphone, nor do they feel as such on your head. Definitely a horse for a course..then again, hard to adjust to other headphones after them.
I have picked up a Clear which I loved at an audition a couple of weeks ago. Bargain secondhand price well under £1000. Will see how I am getting on with those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back