Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 19, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #796 of 7,334
This crazy shipping price outside of the US is really making me hesitate. 600 dollar and 115 dollar shipping.. And I will of course get unlucky and get a custom fee of 20% or something from Swedish import...

I've been thinking of getting these headphones to use for anything at my computer or would they be to heavy for comfortable use while gaming etc?

Dec 19, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #797 of 7,334
This crazy shipping price outside of the US is really making me hesitate. 600 dollar and 115 dollar shipping.. And I will of course get unlucky and get a custom fee of 20% or something from Swedish import...

I've been thinking of getting these headphones to use for anything at my computer or would they be to heavy for comfortable use while gaming etc?
Isn't VAT in Sweden 25%, and you have to pay it on the shipping cost as well. Luckily, import tariffs on most electronics were eliminated last year, or it would have been another 20% or so.

Dec 19, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #798 of 7,334
Isn't VAT in Sweden 25%, and you have to pay it on the shipping cost as well. Luckily, import tariffs on most electronics were eliminated last year, or it would have been another 20% or so.

Hmm yeah you are probably right but it's not often I get to pay either VAT or import fee. Anyway this will make it crazy expensive for me. Such bull.

Yup just looked it up I actually have to pay the VAT fee on the shipping as well hahaha what a joke.

Pair of headphones 600 dollar, shipping 115, VAT 178 dollar. Will have to look in to if some colleague or so can get these shipped to a US location and bring it home for me :frowning2:

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #799 of 7,334

I was perfectly fine with my old LCD-2F for gaming if I kept it to an hour or two. As these are a little lighter and have a better headband, I imagine they would be perfectly suitable for such.

Dec 19, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #800 of 7,334
I was perfectly fine with my old LCD-2F for gaming if I kept it to an hour or two. As these are a little lighter and have a better headband, I imagine they would be perfectly suitable for such.
Have you tried HD800 for gaming? On my book, it's the most perfect hp for that alone

Dec 19, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #802 of 7,334
Just recently bought a Fostex HP-A4 Dac/Amp and a LCD-2C (arriving tomorrow) for my first ever setup. The A4 is rated at 100 mw at 32 ohms but this should still be ok right? Just looking for a second opinion! Thanks in advance.

Dec 19, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #803 of 7,334
Please post impressions with the Valhalla 2, preferably in comparison with the Asgard 2. Curious how they do on non-SS high current amps.
I spent some time comparing Asgard 2 to Valhalla 2. The Valhalla 2 in high gain mode does a very good job of driving them with the typical tube midrange and harmonic bloom sweetness but not overly so. The Valhalla 2 never sounded overly tooobey to my ears. . The Asgard 2 does have a better grip in the bass though. Ultimately it boils down to personal preference but at $249 the Asgard 2 is a very good Class A partnering amp on the more affordable end of the spectrum. Very enjoyable combo.

Dec 19, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #804 of 7,334
Just recently bought a Fostex HP-A4 Dac/Amp and a LCD-2C (arriving tomorrow) for my first ever setup. The A4 is rated at 100 mw at 32 ohms but this should still be ok right? Just looking for a second opinion! Thanks in advance.
Planars eat up current and wattage so I can only say you might be alright butt might wanna get something with more power :).

Dec 19, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #805 of 7,334
Enjoy the combo but at some point it would be worthwhile to give them some more power. They will appreciate it. The Schiit Asgard 2 at $249 puts out 8-10x the power into 70 ohms or around 800 to 1000mw. Stepping up to Lyr 2 will yield almost 40x the power at somewhere around 4000mw. I have not tried a Lyr2 but suspect that hybrid tube/ss with that much power and grip will bring out the best in them for $449.

Dec 19, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #806 of 7,334
@wazzupi @PHC1

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling the A4 might be a bit underpowered, but figured with the 10db gain switch and upping my source if I had issues, it would be ok. Hopefully it'll drive it just enough to where I can keep it and not regret getting it. If the Asgard was on Amazon I would have bought that instead, but I had $200 to spend on Amazon and was able to get the A4 for ~$60 (which is how I saved for the LCD-2C). Thanks again!

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #810 of 7,334
My order was marked "waiting to ship". Does anyone know how long it usually takes to pass this stage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back