Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 18, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #766 of 7,331
Stock SE so far. Sounds great. BHA-1 puts out quite a bit of power into SE and even more so into Balanced. Not saying you absolutely NEED a very powerful amp, just saying to my ears the LCD-2C sounds like it will appreciate overhead from a robust headphone amp with lots of current on reserve.
Thanks for the great feedback!

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #768 of 7,331
If I may suggest a good test drive of your new LCD-2C, cue up "Touch Yello (Deluxe)" album by Yello on Tidal, sit back, enjoy and don't forget to wipe the silly grin off your face when you emerge from your listening session so others don't think you are nuts. :)

Dec 18, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #771 of 7,331
Is anyone else still waiting for shipping? Pre-ordering never seems to do me any good. Hoping the local dealers get them by the weekend and just re-purchase through them.

Dec 18, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #772 of 7,331
Is anyone else still waiting for shipping? Pre-ordering never seems to do me any good. Hoping the local dealers get them by the weekend and just re-purchase through them.

Check to see if your card wasn't rejected. They did this to me once because my work address isn't my billing address. I have to get a new card with my work address as billing to order from them.

Dec 18, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #773 of 7,331
Check to see if your card wasn't rejected. They did this to me once because my work address isn't my billing address. I have to get a new card with my work address as billing to order from them.
I had a problem with that earlier, but I switched to deliver to my billing address for the 2c and they still cancelled my order. :frowning2:

Seeing if I can buy from my local dealer now.

Dec 18, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #774 of 7,331
Yes, the packaging is rather bare bones - you don't even get a 3.5 mm/1/4 in adapter...but I don't know if there is a better sounding headphone out there for $599. I'll take the cheaper price over the fancy pelican case and extra cables.

Despite the price, they really didn't cut corners with build quality and comfort. Both are excellent.

Dec 18, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #775 of 7,331
Thanks for the Insight. I didn't ask specifically what the holdup was but I did just get a shipping notification after chatting with them on the phone.

I had it shipped to my office I wonder if that was the problem since it isn't my billing address.

With this all said, im not gonna get them before Christmas. My office is closed on Friday, so I won't be seeing these until Tuesday on the 2nd delivery attempt.

O well. At least my new Schiit stack came a day early!

Dec 18, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #778 of 7,331
To anyone who has it,
1. How is the weight compared to regular LCD2? Is it much lighter?
2. How is the driver efficiency? Is it easy run on a portable device?

Dec 18, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #779 of 7,331
To anyone who has it,
1. How is the weight compared to regular LCD2? Is it much lighter?
2. How is the driver efficiency? Is it easy run on a portable device?
It's not past 12 o'clock on my 1 watt klipsch heritage or magni uber 2. It is significantly lighter without wood and usual head band. It's super comfy and form fitting. Excellent build, only had to adjust every few hours.

Dec 18, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #780 of 7,331
Feels lighter and IS lighter are two different things. Can someone please put their LCD-2Cs on a scale and post score here. For the record my aluminum LCD-2F weights 625g with the Lohb strap attached. It’s also very comfortable for long sessions, but admittedly some won’t find it so. My Atticus on the other hand weighs 545g but feels half the weight of the LCD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back