Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Nov 23, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #6,076 of 7,335
Audeze started their Black Friday sale today.

I bought a pair of B-Unit LCD-2 Classic's for $495.00.
Pretty psched! :thumbsup:

Me too! This is my second year trying to score that deal. I'm glad I checked my email this morning!

Nov 23, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #6,077 of 7,335
Audeze started their Black Friday sale today.

I bought a pair of B-Unit LCD-2 Classic's for $495.00.
Pretty psched! :thumbsup:

Me too! This is my second year trying to score that deal. I'm glad I checked my email this morning!

Almost bought a pair from a dealer a few weeks ago, talked myself out of it, now happy to have waited.

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #6,079 of 7,335
What exactly is a B-unit?

B-stock. Items the have minor blemishes and do not cosmetically meet Audeze's rigorous standards. Usually you cannot even see the blemish and, in my experience, it's never more than a tiny flaw. The kind of thing that most of us are bound to cause at some point anyway.

Dec 8, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #6,081 of 7,335
I have my eyes on the LCD-2C or even on the LCD-X but the Ananda seems a killer to both. Given the bad QC and failure rate on the Ananda, am kind of lost !
EQ is not my thing as I like raw music without altering using Violectric Amps or direct from McIntosh Headphone out.

Dec 8, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #6,082 of 7,335
I have my eyes on the LCD-2C or even on the LCD-X but the Ananda seems a killer to both. Given the bad QC and failure rate on the Ananda, am kind of lost !
EQ is not my thing as I like raw music without altering using Violectric Amps or direct from McIntosh Headphone out.

I am supposed to receive my LCD-2 Classic's tomorrow and will be plugging them immediately into my Violectric V220. I also have a Schiit Loki plugged into this amp and will try them with and without EQ.

Dec 9, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #6,083 of 7,335
I am supposed to receive my LCD-2 Classic's tomorrow and will be plugging them immediately into my Violectric V220. I also have a Schiit Loki plugged into this amp and will try them with and without EQ.
Thanks, please let me know about the mating with the Violectric without EQ.

Dec 10, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #6,084 of 7,335
Finally, after almost three weeks... 20201210_110631.jpg20201210_110710.jpg20201210_110903.jpg

Surprised that the shipping box is also the storage box. I suppose these are Audeze's no frills 'phones.
Very nice looking, pretty heavy and the cable looks pretty impressive.
Gave them a few hours to get to room temperature.

Wow, what a NICE sound. Of course I am in shiny new toy phase, but these sound great. I am starting off with Florence and the Machine. Strong vocals and a nice little mini-orchestra. She usually has back up singers, a horn section, a piano, multiple drummers, a harp, etc.

Vocals are in no way recessed and the drums hit with authority. They are also pretty easy to drive. I have the gain set on zero and it's a little high (Violectric V220). I am guessing these will end up on -6Db's.

MAN, these cushions are Huge! Really comfortable though. I have been eyeing these headphones for at least a year and I am really glad I finally got them.

I will just go stock for a couple of days. I have a Loki wired via the SE ports.
I also have a cable package on the way from HAC, so I should be able to hook them up to the Liquid Platinum within a few weeks.

I can't see the defect that caused them to be listed as a B-Unit. Perhaps they were just a customer return that didn't care for them?

Not seeing any downside on Day 1. :L3000:

Dec 10, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #6,085 of 7,335
Finally, after almost three weeks...

Surprised that the shipping box is also the storage box. I suppose these are Audeze's no frills 'phones.

Wow, what a NICE sound. Of course I am in shiny new toy phase, but these sound great. I am starting off with Florence and the Machine. Strong vocals and a nice little mini-orchestra. She usually has back up singers, a horn section, a piano, multiple drummers, a harp, etc.

Vocals are in no way recessed and the drums hit with authority. They are also pretty easy to drive. I have the gain set on zero and it's a little high (Violectric V220). I am guessing these will end up on -6Db's.

MAN, these cushions are Huge! Really comfortable though. I have been eyeing these headphones for at least a year and I am really glad I finally got them.

I will just go stock for a couple of days. I have a Loki wired via the SE ports.
I also have a cable package on the way from HAC, so I should be able to hook them up to the Liquid Platinum within a few weeks.

I can't see the defect that caused them to be listed as a B-Unit. Perhaps they were just a customer return that didn't care for them?

Mine also arrived today and I made the mistake of firing them up right away, it was about 35 degrees out and man did they sound like crap for the first few minutes. Thankfully after 30min or so they sound almost as good as I was hoping for. I did a quick swap back to my Audioquest NightOwls that I was listening to all morning and all is good in the world. Mine also would pass as new, arrived in perfect condition. I'd guess that even though they could pass off some returns as new, they are honest and still sell them as B-Stock.

Dec 10, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #6,086 of 7,335
Finally, after almost three weeks...20201210_110631.jpg20201210_110710.jpg20201210_110903.jpg

Amazing cans, enjoy!

Dec 10, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #6,087 of 7,335
Finally, after almost three weeks...20201210_110631.jpg20201210_110710.jpg20201210_110903.jpg

Glad you liked them with the Violectric, normal priced stock is out on Amazon for the moment. Will wait till it gets back to order mine.

Dec 10, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #6,088 of 7,335
Sigh... My freshly delivered 2Cs were confiscated by the wife to be wrapped and placed under the Christmas tree, where they will sit for another two weeks so that I "have something to open on Christmas morning." How nice for me. :confused:

Dec 10, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #6,089 of 7,335
Sigh... My freshly delivered 2Cs were confiscated by the wife to be wrapped and placed under the Christmas tree, where they will sit for another two weeks so that I "have something to open on Christmas morning." How nice for me. :confused:
You will have a Merry Christmas as long as she’s not aware of the price 😍

Dec 10, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #6,090 of 7,335
I feel ya, but now you will definitely have something nice to open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back