Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Sep 7, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #3,557 of 7,334
This is one of my fave newer albums. Its also on bandcamp. Its a side project of one of my favorite bands Ozric Tentacles.

I really like Ozric Tentacles. Thanks for this, I didn't know this one.
It is quite spooky how similar our music preference is. What a rare find on Head-Fi. :)
Loving this album so far.

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #3,558 of 7,334
I just got my LCD-2C today. I love it. Best set of headphones I've ever heard by far. They fit my head perfectly and are smooth like butter on a hot biscuit :) I'm using them with a Topping D50 and JDS Labs El Amp. Very good pairing. I like the stock cable as well. Best quality stock cable I've ever gotten with a set of headphones as well. Listening to AES Dana right now. Sounds great on these cans.

"A warm kiss full of darkness", is how Damir Frank described them.
I really like your description, "smooth like butter on a hot biscuit".
Yea, nice one.

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #3,559 of 7,334
"A warm kiss full of darkness", is how Damir Frank described them.
I really like your description, "smooth like butter on a hot biscuit".
Yea, nice one.
NightHawk is smoother and more butter-like but lacks resolution, balance and detail. If you are into butter go for the NightHawks. If you are into headphones go for the 2C. (Still love the NH but technically it is nowhere near to Audeze.)

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #3,560 of 7,334
I really like Ozric Tentacles. Thanks for this, I didn't know this one.
It is quite spooky how similar our music preference is. What a rare find on Head-Fi. :)
Loving this album so far.
Glad you like it! I Listen to all kinds of random stuff, and am always happy to share the tunes with others. Finding people with similar preferences like this is really one of the best things about sites like Head-Fi. There is so much good music out there, but without others to help, finding it is so difficult.

Sep 7, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #3,562 of 7,334
NightHawk is smoother and more butter-like but lacks resolution, balance and detail. If you are into butter go for the NightHawks. If you are into headphones go for the 2C. (Still love the NH but technically it is nowhere near to Audeze.)
I've never heard the Nighthawk, but you're description is similar to what I've read about them.
I just got the lcd-2c two weeks ago; and I'm really enjoying them. I'm listening to them and my FIDELIO x2. I like both in different ways.
Right now, I have no desire for any more headphones. Although, that could change further on down the road.

Sep 7, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #3,563 of 7,334
I had the nimby and vali 2 and it was great. Tube rolling was fun and you can get some great tube synergy with the lcd2c. I am however glad I upgraded to the LYR 3 though.
What was the biggest improvement you experienced going from $150 Vali 2 to the $500 Lyr 3?

Sep 7, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #3,564 of 7,334
It's time for urban warfare with the 2C!

Sep 8, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #3,565 of 7,334
For the asking price (£599) these headphones are a steal. If great quality bass is at the top of your priorities, the 2C is your best bet under £1200. Just make sure your amp is powerful enough. :wink:

Sep 9, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #3,567 of 7,334
I think I’m going to go for the 2c’s and then get the Eikon or Auteur at a later date. From what I’ve been hearing, I think I’ll really like the sound signature of these.
Its a good idea, while these are really fun headphones with a right music, theres no way I would get them as my only HPs though.

Sep 9, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #3,568 of 7,334
Its a good idea, while these are really fun headphones with a right music, theres no way I would get them as my only HPs though.
Definitely can’t imagine only having one pair of HP’s.. I prefer to have different pairs for different listing experiences. Atm I have the zmf blackwood, Senn 600, and he500. I think the 2c’s would be a good edition for a warm, lush, dark HP as well as the Eikon or auteur for their strengths. Want to look into the lcd3 as well

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #3,569 of 7,334

I don't think anyone could get one pair of headphones for everything if they truly wanted to get the best out of their music. The only way this would work is if there were only one set of headphones available and every recording artist used those exact phones to record their music. That way everyone would buy the same headphones and hear the music exactly as it was heard by the person who made it except for the inherent differences in hearing between people. The way things are with all this variety means everyone has there own flavor they can add or subtract to the music. This is both good and bad i guess depending on what people are searching for.

Sep 9, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #3,570 of 7,334
I'm a Lazy person and seeing the endless amount of genres I listen to and other things I use headphones for, all stacks up to me wanting just one headphone. I have always upgraded and tossed the "weaker" (By my terms anyway) headphone to the side. I immediately put my HD660 in the box as soon as I heard the LCD2C. It "fixed" what I had a gripe with the HD660. LCD2C by no means is perfect for me, however it is also not insulting to me. I have listened to quite a bit of music, watched few movies and player games with the LCD2C and I can't really complain, at the moment. Also getting the loki, later next week to manipulate certain things. I haven't used EQ before because I have never believed I had a good base to work with. Now that I got headphones with good "fundamentals", I can now work on it. The LCD2C is certainly not the last of my journey, but I will take a step back and see how this pans out, I need money for other things. I don't mind using this headphone as an all around solution... Probably. I'm sure I will find a flaw sooner or later. :D I can see some minor ones already, but nothing annoying so far.

As a side note I dropped my LCD2C on the ground today like 3 times, tripped over the wire. ^^ At least they are durable. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back