Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
May 19, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #2,916 of 7,334
Seen that the Audio GD had a clicking noise during Bitrate samples but seen that may of stopped during a firmware update can someone confirm if that was for both the Audio GD and if so if the clicking has stopped Many thanks....Nick

May 20, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #2,917 of 7,334
I actually think the LCD2 C needs a lot of ( possibly brain?) burn in as I like it more than in the beginning and actually would prefer it much over the T1 and Denon AH-D7200 by now for almost anything I usually listen to

May 20, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #2,918 of 7,334
I actually think the LCD2 C needs a lot of ( possibly brain?) burn in as I like it more than in the beginning and actually would prefer it much over the T1 and Denon AH-D7200 by now for almost anything I usually listen to
How would you compare the LCD2C to the Clear? I heard both just curious about others opinion too. To me the bass on the 2C is just phenomenal, but the Clear's bass is not too far from it. Mids and treble on the Clear is just exceptional. Class above the Audezes. I assume you keep the two as complementary headphones? Is there anything the 2C can give you that you don't get from the Clears (except bass)?

May 20, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #2,919 of 7,334
So far my ( quick and not in depth) impressions on listening to several albums with the 2c, focal and xc are that the 2C is the least fatiguing , most relaxing and most mellow one of the bunch. Also top notch comforts and weight. I think it's probably one of the most "fun" headphones Ive heard yet because it's pretty special for it's presentation of forward vocals. They sound unusual at first after coming from another headphone but after a few seconds the brain adapts and I quite enjoy them. Also the bass is obviously a highlight. The weight they add to guitars Is super!
The focal is pretty much the most impressive headphone I've heard because my favorite part of music - the vocals - are magical. It's just exactly what I've been looking for since I'm in this hobby. BUT don't get me wrong considered the price Id say it's equally recommended as the 2C. The focal is extremely fatiguing to my ears unfortunately. Otherwisr Soundstage and imaging might be the only weakspots of the focal for some people but they don't bother me at all as I like the intimate Soundstage ( and no it's not that small it's just not T1 big ). The imaging of the vocals on one hand is incredible but for the entire presentation I will need to do more comparisons to the other headphones in my collection before I give a fair evaluation. I just felt some edge going to the T1 but again that will need some more comparisons. Maybe it's the depth .. idk yet sorry.
I give both an A for value. And I say if these two are the new era of headphones I'm happy to witness this time xD they are both just that awesome.
I dn't do a A/B comparison with a Y split yet because I think the XC needs some more time and I'm not used to it enough yet. I'll try to compare the XC, 2C, Clear, T1, HD700, AH-D7200, X1 within the next 2 weeks thoroughly.

Last edited:
May 20, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #2,920 of 7,334
How would you compare the LCD2C to the Clear? I heard both just curious about others opinion too. To me the bass on the 2C is just phenomenal, but the Clear's bass is not too far from it. Mids and treble on the Clear is just exceptional. Class above the Audezes. I assume you keep the two as complementary headphones? Is there anything the 2C can give you that you don't get from the Clears (except bass)?

I agree with all you said my friend. I think I only give a hint of mid forwardness ( if you like that) and non fatigue to the 2c and of course what you mentioned and what I wrote above. But I might add more when I'm doing the hardcore y split A/B ing of them all xD

May 20, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #2,921 of 7,334
Interesting. Expected the Clear to not batter the bass part but be superior mostly on other aspects.

What are the exact weaknesses of the Clear in terms of imaging and soundstage?

May 20, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #2,922 of 7,334
Does anyone have any recommendations for a 1/4-inch extension cable to use with these? Another 6 feet or so would be perfect. The current cable length to reach my couch when I want to use my desktop amp at the desk. Thank you!

May 20, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #2,923 of 7,334
Interesting. Expected the Clear to not batter the bass part but be superior mostly on other aspects.

To my ears the Clear is superior to the LCD2C in everything except bass. But even bass is not too far.
I found the soundstage quite large and very 3D-like with spectacular imaging.
The impression might be DAC/amp dependent. Many people say Clear doesn't like very powerful amps, especially tubes. I used just a Mojo for auditioning.
(Keep in mind from the price of the Clear you can buy two LCD2Cs and still keep some cash.)

Last edited:
May 20, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #2,924 of 7,334

Sorry I might have written that not clearly enough. The Soundstage on the clears is not huge so some people might criticize that. I was just thinking it's worth mentioning. but as I said it doesn't bother me at all actually I like it. And the imaging is also perfect to my personal taste I'll compare it to the T1 and XC in depth asap but I think they might best it in that area but not to a degree that would be troublesome. The only real thing that I can think of that can be trouble is the fatiguing but I don't mind it for what I get in return. The 2C also has as many said more bass quantity and as I say a little more forward vocals ( if you're a fan of that) but not better vocals.. but to be fair the focal has the most freaking awesome vocals I've heard yet so it's no fair contest - and again don't let us forget the price. So I think they complement each other like the charm and are both super.

@betula maybe the Soundstage just seemed smaller to me because I came from the T1. But yeah it has the perfect size to me and maybe it's also amp/ dac depending. I used the Hugo 2 and the Sony TA-ZH1EL mainly. So I think it's just a matter of POV :)

IMG_20180520_152241.jpg

Last edited:
May 20, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #2,925 of 7,334
Sorry I might have written that not clearly enough. The Soundstage on the clears is not huge so some people might criticize that. I was just thinking it's worth mentioning. but as I said it doesn't bother me at all actually I like it. And the imaging is also perfect to my personal taste I'll compare it to the T1 and XC in depth asap but I think they might best it in that area but not to a degree that would be troublesome. The only real thing that I can think of that can be trouble is the fatiguing but I don't mind it for what I get in return. The 2C also has as many said more bass quantity and as I say a little more forward vocals ( if you're a fan of that) but not better vocals.. but to be fair the focal has the most freaking awesome vocals I've heard yet so it's no fair contest - and again don't let us forget the price. So I think they complement each other like the charm and are both super.

@betula maybe the Soundstage just seemed smaller to me because I came from the T1. But yeah it has the perfect size to me and maybe it's also amp/ dac depending. I used the Hugo 2 and the Sony TA-ZH1EL mainly. So I think it's just a matter of POV :)

Dr 7, which one would you take...the XC or the 2C?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back