Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 15, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #661 of 7,334
Everyone is posting their tracking emails and I'm just sitting here like
giphy.webp

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #662 of 7,334
Did you all see Focal X Elex annoucement? https://www.head-fi.org/threads/massdrop-x-focal-elex-review-measurements.867615

LCD2 Classic + Balanced cable = $750-$850. Focal Elex = $799 with balanced cables. One company is taking out what royal fans/enthusiasts need. Another company is adding it. I personally find Audeze's 'less than 10%' a lame excuse. They know their headphones sound better balanced. At least, they could have done balanced cable + SE adapters if wanted to save money.

I'm yet to own a single Focal headphone, but I believe Focal will replace Sennheiser and become the new King. They pay attentions to the customers.

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #663 of 7,334
So go buy Elex. What’s the point of dumping on Audeze in a thread about their headphones?

I for one don’t care about Balanced cables. I feel like this is a midrange priced headphone and almost no other cans in this range come with balanced cables (none of sennheisers offerings for example).

Also, comparing the price of two different headphones isn’t very logical. They’re different headphones.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #665 of 7,334
So go buy Elex. What’s the point of dumping on Audeze in a thread about their headphones?

I for one don’t care about Balanced cables. I feel like this is a midrange priced headphone and almost no other cans in this range come with balanced cables (none of sennheisers offerings for example).

Also, comparing the price of two different headphones isn’t very logical. They’re different headphones.

Does it upset you that I complain about Audeze? I dropped my hard earned $599 + $200. If Audeze had included balanced cables like they used to do, at least I could have saved $200. I complain here because I know Audeze monitors this thread. And, just if they change, it will benefit many people - possibly including you. Hope my point of dumping here is explained.

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #667 of 7,334
It's a fair point, in that it would be nice for company's to offer more cable choices, but also irrelevant as it doesn't seem these 2 headphones are even similar in any way unless I am mistaken.

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #668 of 7,334
Does it upset you that I complain about Audeze? I dropped my hard earned $599 + $200. If Audeze had included balanced cables like they used to do, at least I could have saved $200. I complain here because I know Audeze monitors this thread. And, just if they change, it will benefit many people - possibly including you. Hope my point of dumping here is explained.

Upset me? No. Confuse me? Yes. You’re complaining about two completely different headphones, and cherry picking one that happens to include balanced cables, when I’d argue most do not in this price range. Not to mention the only thing they have in common is price.

It’s not practical for them to include a cable that most people will just throw away. They’re a company, trying to make money. I’m sure cost effectiveness is pretty high on their list.

I will never be benefited because I don’t care about balanced cables, and I gaurantee I’m not in the minority.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #669 of 7,334

Just chiming in but people dump on Focal in Focal threads.

Dec 16, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #670 of 7,334
Just chiming in but people dump on Focal in Focal threads.

Haha I’m sure they do. I just feel like the argument was a bit selfish and without consideration for the better interests of Audeze, and others.

But I’d love to see a poll of how many people buying headphones in this price range would actually use balanced cables right now in their current set ups.

Dec 16, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #671 of 7,334
Haha I’m sure they do. I just feel like the argument was a bit selfish and without consideration for the better interests of Audeze, and others.

But I’d love to see a poll of how many people buying headphones in this price range would actually use balanced cables right now in their current set ups.

I don't because my setup is all mobile and laptops, no true high end stereo gear. But I've seen balanced mentioned a LOT with various manufacturers. I sometimes feel like I'm missing out on great sound.

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #672 of 7,334
Upset me? No. Confuse me? Yes. You’re complaining about two completely different headphones, and cherry picking one that happens to include balanced cables, when I’d argue most do not in this price range. Not to mention the only thing they have in common is price.
Who complained about any headphones at all? My issue is about the company practice where one starts to include balanced cables while other decided to remove them. I'm doing it because I wish Audeze will change if enough people voice about it because their CEO said something about they may change again if they find it otherwise in this very thread.

It’s not practical for them to include a cable that most people will just throw away. They’re a company, trying to make money. I’m sure cost effectiveness is pretty high on their list.
You sound very generous for a company trying to make money, but not to a customer who is trying to save money? :frowning2:

I will never be benefited because I don’t care about balanced cables, and I gaurantee I’m not in the minority.
Fine by me if you stay un-benefited from it.

I just feel like the argument was a bit selfish and without consideration for the better interests of Audeze, and others.
I should have consideration for the better interests of Audeze? Shouldn't focus be Audeze to have consideration for the better interests of customer instead?

This is LCD2 Classic impression thread. Not an Audeze fanboy club or unite Audeze thread. Anyone is entitled to post an opinion regardless positive or negative. Unfortunately no one has any impression because no one heard it yet. So, all 45 pages have been used for rather general discussions. My earlier posting was not offending to anyone in mind. Yet I find it a bit amusing if anyone has an issue with the fact I complained about Audeze's policy about the balanced cable.

Dec 16, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #673 of 7,334
I’m not an Audeze fanboy in any sense of the word. In fact these will be the first Audeze product I’ve ever bought or even considered buying.

I just think you’re being shortsighted in your complaint. You’re not putting yourself in the shoes of a business owner. You’re only looking at it from your perspective.

Sure, I agree they should have an option to choose XLR cables over the stock cable, but including it as standard is a waste.

And I mean, I have a hard time defending any high end audio company. They’re all stealing our money in one way or another.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #674 of 7,334
I’m not an Audeze fanboy in any sense of the word. In fact these will be the first Audeze product I’ve ever bought or even considered buying.

I just think you’re being shortsighted in your complaint. You’re not putting yourself in the shoes of a business owner. You’re only looking at it from your perspective.

Sure, I agree they should have an option to choose XLR cables over the stock cable, but including it as standard is a waste.

And I mean, I have a hard time defending any high end audio company. They’re all stealing our money in one way or another.
Completely agree. The LCD-2 doesn’t come with a balanced cable either - and retails for $995. And FYI, the Elear doesn’t either. Massdrop have thrown one in for added value, but that doesn’t suddenly make the LCD-2 or Elear “bad value”. The Elear doesn’t ship in a Pelican case like the LCD-2, so should we complain about that?

Dec 16, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #675 of 7,334
More importantly, why the fascination with balance? Doesn't it just add some extra power and prevent noise from being introduced in longer cables? I never understood the magic of balance cables suddenly transforming headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back