1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2 with good gear better than LCD-3 with normal gear?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by sebab, Jun 1, 2014.
  1. Sebab
    I've been thinking if I should buy an Audeze LCD-2 + Moon-Audio Silver Dragon V3 Headphone cable + Moon-Audio Silver Dragon V3 USB-cable + Alo Audio Pan Am + Passport battery pack,

Or an Audeze LCD-3 with just the stock cable + cheap USB-cable + Alo Audio Pan am without Passport battery pack.

These cost about the same amount of money so I would really appreciate it if someone told me which set would sound better.

Thank you!

2. Sebab
    And does the Silver Cables really make a big difference in terms of sound quality?

3. wjh7
    to me its almost a no-brainer.

this. Audeze LCD-3 with just the stock cable + cheap USB-cable + Alo Audio Pan am without Passport battery pack.

im currently using lcd-2 rev.2, i have 4 diff cables inc. the stock. i THINK i can hear a difference BUT i also THINK i couldnt discern the diff in A/B tests. go figure.
    cables should be the last thing on your mind. Cans make the most difference in audio chain.

4. NZtechfreak
    I doubt the 2 will sound better than the 3, even on a relatively modest set up (but then I have little love for the 2 myself).

5. Sebab
    Okay, so doesn't the LCD-2 and 3 both have quite a similar sound? What I've heard, the 3s should be like 20% better than the LCD-2s

6. NZtechfreak
    They're much, much better than the 2. Personally I'd say they're something like 70% better (perhaps I place more importance on that last 20%). You should get the 3, an expensive cable and interconnect and battery pack will still not put the 2 in the same league as the 3. Get the better transducer and then improve the chain.

7. Sebab
    Okay, thank you very much for all your help :)