Audeze LCD-2 with good gear better than LCD-3 with normal gear?
Jun 1, 2014 at 6:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Sebab

New Head-Fier
I've been thinking if I should buy an Audeze LCD-2 + Moon-Audio Silver Dragon V3 Headphone cable + Moon-Audio Silver Dragon V3 USB-cable + Alo Audio Pan Am + Passport battery pack,

Or an Audeze LCD-3 with just the stock cable + cheap USB-cable + Alo Audio Pan am without Passport battery pack.

These cost about the same amount of money so I would really appreciate it if someone told me which set would sound better.

Thank you!

Jun 3, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #3 of 7
to me its almost a no-brainer.

this. Audeze LCD-3 with just the stock cable + cheap USB-cable + Alo Audio Pan am without Passport battery pack.

im currently using lcd-2 rev.2, i have 4 diff cables inc. the stock. i THINK i can hear a difference BUT i also THINK i couldnt discern the diff in A/B tests. go figure.
cables should be the last thing on your mind. Cans make the most difference in audio chain.

Jun 3, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #4 of 7
I doubt the 2 will sound better than the 3, even on a relatively modest set up (but then I have little love for the 2 myself).

Jun 3, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 7
They're much, much better than the 2. Personally I'd say they're something like 70% better (perhaps I place more importance on that last 20%). You should get the 3, an expensive cable and interconnect and battery pack will still not put the 2 in the same league as the 3. Get the better transducer and then improve the chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back