Audeze LCD-2 TOO HEAVY
Aug 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #33 of 40
Yknow, it makes me wonder if the leather headband is better because it puts more weight at the top of your head, instead of clamping it on your head as hard. I'm wondering if this makes a better balance of the headphones and creates less strain on your neck. 

Aug 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #34 of 40
Actually, I had the leather headband and traded it for the foam version, I found the foam one to be much more comfy. The leather one also kept sliding off my head. Have you considered getting the LCD3 pads?

Aug 13, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:
Actually, I had the leather headband and traded it for the foam version, I found the foam one to be much more comfy. The leather one also kept sliding off my head. Have you considered getting the LCD3 pads?

The clamping force was never a problem. So the pads wouldn't make much difference. They were plenty comfortable as far as how they felt and how they made contact with my head. It was just the weight and how it made my neck sore. 
I was just wondering if the leather headband changed how the weight was distributed across your entire head. Changed the center of gravity and what-not. 

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #36 of 40
Quote:
Yknow, it makes me wonder if the leather headband is better because it puts more weight at the top of your head, instead of clamping it on your head as hard. I'm wondering if this makes a better balance of the headphones and creates less strain on your neck. 

What the leather headband does is create two different pressure points on the top of the head due to how the "bumps" are shaped, which I found bit more uncomfortable in the long run on my scalp. Weight distribution wise I personally didn't notice it making any difference.  Their weight is what it is, unfortunately... can't do much to significantly change that for the LCD-2's... the best I could probably think of is to maybe get the vegan headband/vegan pads/bamboo version/lightest aftermarket cable (from what I've read, the Q-audio cable is very light),which would get it as light as possible (though I can't personally say from experience whether it'd really make any real life difference...)

Aug 13, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #37 of 40
They weigh a bit more than I'd like and they clamp a little harder but they're a long way from uncomfy for me

Aug 13, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #39 of 40

The clamping force was never a problem. So the pads wouldn't make much difference. They were plenty comfortable as far as how they felt and how they made contact with my head. It was just the weight and how it made my neck sore. 
I was just wondering if the leather headband changed how the weight was distributed across your entire head. Changed the center of gravity and what-not. 

Interesting. Honestly, Ive never had this neck soreness you are referring to and Im a pretty skinny dude with a non-muscular neck (if thats what its called), I was heavily into MMA, but that was awhile ago. All I can say is, the foam headband made the LCD2 significantly more comfy, I dont know if getting the foam version will aid in getting rid of the neck pain. If its causing pain, and there isnt anything you can do about it, its probably best to just part with it? While Id have a hard time doing that, I can understand how you feel, pain or discomfort to a degree where you just cant enjoy it can be enough for you not to settle with it.

Oct 24, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #40 of 40
Does anybody know the weight of the LCD2? Audeze does not publish the weight in the specification.

I previously had issues with the Beyerdynamic T1 due to the weight. The T1 is 1.17 lbs (0.531 kg). I have since sold the T1s and got some lighter headphones - JVC HA-S680 which at 6.84 oz.(0.194kg) feels more comfortable due to the massive weight reduction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back