Audeze LCD-2 TOO HEAVY
Aug 4, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #16 of 40
Quote:
I was almost put off the LCD-2 by the comfort issues a lot of users report. I'm happy to say that I find them extremely comfortable.

Really uncomfortable for me was the Grado SR325.

It's wierd... because in a way.. they are extremely comfy. Big soft pads and a good headband (foam). 
I guess if you're really fit, it might be alright.. lol. Cuz the only problem is the weight. 

Aug 4, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #18 of 40
I wouldn't risk any type of neck injury, permanent or otherwise over a pair of headphones.  Based on what other LCD2 owners have posted you should get a doctor's opinion.  The neck pain might have been caused by a pre-existing condition and the heavy cans just brought it out.

Aug 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #19 of 40
They are uncomfortable and cause neck muscles fatigue. When I had them I was just resting my head against chair back. In the end just got rid of them, comfort was bothering enough to enjoy the music.
And I am far from pencil neck
biggrin.gif
, been lifting heavily for years.

Aug 5, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #20 of 40
My neck has no issues with them. The problem for me is that sometimes the headband gets uncomfortable on top of my head. But this also goes with my sub 200g Momentum and previously owned HD 800, so that isn't related to the weight too much I think. 

Aug 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #21 of 40
I've had these for almost a month now... Got them July 12th. (Yes, that is me wearing them in my profile pic)
I have an annoying ache in the back of my neck... I am a healthy 27 year old male.... don't usually have these problems. 

I love the sound, but I think I need to sell these off... very sad. 

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone else had this problem? Does it go away after some time?
I just can't see it being healthy for my neck... 
Heya,

I found them uncomfortable as well. It will go away over time as your neck develops those tiny, tiny muscles that it's using for support. But during that `training' time, you'll get aches, headaches, and all kinds of annoying pains. I found a lot of the weight was actually just from having the cups unbalanced in terms of being centered on the head, and the weight of the cables. My primary is the HE500 which is also a heavy headphone, but I got a lighter custom cable and the overall chassis and cup profile is smaller and I have zero issues with the weight.

Very best,

I think this response was identical to my findings with its comfort issue. I recently got a moon audio cable which is heavier than a previous braided type cable and just from a slight difference in weight, the comfort is much worse. Ive used the 3M sticker http://www.3m.com/product/information/Wire-Picture-Hanger-Command-Adhesive.html on a part of my desk to allow the weight to rest on the hook rather than hang down which caused the LCD2s to feel even heavier. I also found that having the cups adjusted to a "loose" fit with the metal prongs made it worse, I currently have no comfort issues when the phones are securely tight along with the weight of the cable elsewhere.

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #23 of 40
They are not really comfortable. the weight is not a problem for me but the clamping pressure and earcups size is. I feel my ears dancing and moving freely inside the pads. 

You must have pretty wide head (not trying to offend you). People usually complain about the pain associated with the weight of the LCD, for this reason I went with the bamboo version--I have no idea if theres a substantial weight difference between the bamboo and rosewood.

Aug 10, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #24 of 40
Considering the wood ring size I would say it shouldn't differ as much. I understand the necessity of clamping force to keep accurate imaging but I found them ridiculously uncomfortable for regular use.

Aug 11, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #26 of 40
I sold my LCD-2 r1 after keeping it for several months,
it was really a heavy one,
My PS-1000 is heavy but lucky it is still abit lighter then LCD-2

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #27 of 40
Quote:

Yeah.. I'm thinking about going back to the HD-650 at some point with the Schiit Valhalla.. That combo wasn't quite as good.. but for the price difference... it was damn close enough.. and a good deal more comfortable.

Either way.. I'm going to stick with my Hifiman RE-400 for a little while. They sound quite good for $100 IEMs. And I also got a pair of Monster Turbines for $25.. when I want some bass.  

Aug 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #28 of 40

Yeah.. I'm thinking about going back to the HD-650 at some point with the Schiit Valhalla.. That combo wasn't quite as good.. but for the price difference... it was damn close enough.. and a good deal more comfortable.

Either way.. I'm going to stick with my Hifiman RE-400 for a little while. They sound quite good for $100 IEMs. And I also got a pair of Monster Turbines for $25.. when I want some bass.  

I have a "love and hate" thing with the HD650

Users who are viewing this thread

Back