Audeze LCD-2 magni?
Dec 14, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #16 of 35
Quote:
A hypothetical 1.4 watts into the LCD-2/3.

Should be ok from a power standpoint. But driving the LCD-2 and especially the LCD-3s to their full potential really means more than just power. There's also different types of amps, Class A, AB, D and the way they deliver power is different. There's also the ability to supply enough current (which orthos love) when needed. 

Its about the entire chain. Source --> DAC --> Amp --> Headphones. We'll leave cables out of this discussion 
wink.gif
. But for the "Summit-fi" level of headphones (like the LCD-2/3 or HD-800s) to really sound their best and let you hear what they can really do, one really has to ensure that the entire chain optimized. 
smile.gif

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #17 of 35
Without getting into the 'properly driven' debate, I've got a Magni/Modi stack ordered to compare with my Bifrost/Asgard using the LCD-2s.

I'm sure higher-end amps and DACs make the LCD-2s sound even better, but even out of 'just' the Bifrost/Asgard they sound excellent; and I'm quite curious if I'll be able to tell a difference with this new stack.

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #18 of 35
And what do you think about asgard and modi? , or any other idea? But cheap im just 15 and dont have enough Money for hi fi audio system ( sorry for the grammar, the auto corrector is pissing me )

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #19 of 35
I'll be doing a full comparison once I get them.

I would say in general that in my experience you're going the right route though; get the headphones first and then upgrade source/amp later if necessary. Personally I'd take a cheaply-driven LCD-2 over a well-driven mid-fi can any day.

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #20 of 35
Quote:
I would say in general that in my experience you're going the right route though; get the headphones first and then upgrade source/amp later if necessary. Personally I'd take a cheaply-driven LCD-2 over a well-driven mid-fi can any day.

Thats a really great advice 

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Hmm would it be a good idea even if i only have a old pioneer sx- 7?

Dec 15, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #22 of 35
Hmm would it be a good idea even if i only have a old pioneer sx- 7?

Personally I would still go for the cans first, yes. From my experience the headphones make by far the most difference, and then as you upgrade amp/dac you're hearing the upgrade with the cans you plan to use with it long-term. Otherwise you might 'upgrade' and find out that with your eventual cans that it actually isn't an upgrade at all.

That and it's more expensive in the long run if you buy lots of compromise gear along the way. If your eventual goal is the LCD-2s then if possible just get them first and be done with it; overall you'll end up saving money that way too.

Dec 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #23 of 35
Personally I would still go for the cans first, yes. From my experience the headphones make by far the most difference, and then as you upgrade amp/dac you're hearing the upgrade with the cans you plan to use with it long-term. Otherwise you might 'upgrade' and find out that with your eventual cans that it actually isn't an upgrade at all.
That and it's more expensive in the long run if you buy lots of compromise gear along the way. If your eventual goal is the LCD-2s then if possible just get them first and be done with it; overall you'll end up saving money that way too.

Thank you made up my minds and decided to get the LCD 2 first :) thanks to all the replys

Dec 15, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #25 of 35
Quote:
According to Schiit, yeah.

Although there are going to be plenty of people here saying you're not spending enough money.

You're not spending enough money. 
tongue.gif
 Seriously though, you might wait till later next week when all the early adopter, cough cough Raven, get them in and maybe you could check out what this combo actually sounds like. 

Dec 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #26 of 35
You're not spending enough money. :p  Seriously though, you might wait till later next week when all the early adopter, cough cough Raven, get them in and maybe you could check out what this combo actually sounds like. 

Another advantage of doing the headphones now and waiting on the rest, although unless you're coming from another summit-fi headphone you're pretty much guaranteed to be impressed with the LCD-2s regardless of whether it's an 'ideal' combo. (yeah yeah, perhaps too much Audez'e praise, but I do really find them that good :) )

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #27 of 35
Another advantage of doing the headphones now and waiting on the rest, although unless you're coming from another summit-fi headphone you're pretty much guaranteed to be impressed with the LCD-2s regardless of whether it's an 'ideal' combo. (yeah yeah, perhaps too much Audez'e praise, but I do really find them that good :) )

Indeed, I just have a 598 from sennheiser

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #30 of 35
Quote:
LCD-2 + Magni =  

I'll report back when I hook everything up...   It's all here.

YES, PLEASE DO!!! can anyone try this for the HE-500?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back