Audeze LCD-2 Closed
Mar 10, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #286 of 883
That would be nice, I had TH-610's and just got an XC. I was wondering how the LCD2CB would compare to the XC.
They are very similar in tone. The LCD-2CB's sounds good right out the box. The XC's needed a little break in to sound their best. The XC's may be little more resolving and image a little better but they are also heavier. To the untrained ear you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.

I wouldn't dare take the XC's out the house. The LCD-2CB's are more "outside friendly" due to the all aluminum build. They both are a little big to be considered portable.

Mar 10, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #287 of 883
Are the LCD-2 Closed and the LCD-2C not the same thing? They are both closed at least though, right? Very confusing naming from Audeze.

Mar 10, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #288 of 883
Are the LCD-2 Closed and the LCD-2C not the same thing? They are both closed at least though, right? Very confusing naming from Audeze.
No, the LCD-2C is the open version of the classics. The LCD-2CB's are the closed version of the classics.

Mar 10, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #289 of 883
No, the LCD-2C is the open version of the classics. The LCD-2CB's are the closed version of the classics.
Ahhh so the C in the 2C stands for classic? I always thought it stood for closed yet those obvious vents on the cups messed with my head a bit haha.

Mar 10, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #290 of 883
Ahhh so the C in the 2C stands for classic? I always thought it stood for closed yet those obvious vents on the cups messed with my head a bit haha.
Yes, lol

Mar 10, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #291 of 883
I feel like the LCD 2 closed back is a very power hungry headphone. I kinda of get why Audeze advertises these as neutral closed backs now with my desktop rig of Chord Qutest + THX AAA 789.

Mar 10, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #292 of 883
They are very similar in tone. The LCD-2CB's sounds good right out the box. The XC's needed a little break in to sound their best. The XC's may be little more resolving and image a little better but they are also heavier. To the untrained ear you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.

I wouldn't dare take the XC's out the house. The LCD-2CB's are more "outside friendly" due to the all aluminum build. They both are a little big to be considered portable.

Yes it will just be at home, I might try get the suspension headband for it and these should be burned in.

PS:if anyone has a headband please pm me.

Mar 10, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #293 of 883
I continue to be impressed much with the lcd2 closed-back + Reference 4 plug-in. Very natural tone with smooth high. With the plug-in, it has more balanced tonality across frequency spectrum than the Utopia.
I enjoy this so much so that I would like to explore a higher-end LCD can.
But there are two caveats. I feel it is quite heavy after about 2 hours. Also, I still think that it sounds bad without the plug-in, of course to my ears.

Mar 10, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #294 of 883
I continue to be impressed much with the lcd2 closed-back + Reference 4 plug-in. Very natural tone with smooth high. With the plug-in, it has more balanced tonality across frequency spectrum than the Utopia.
I enjoy this so much so that I would like to explore a higher-end LCD can.
But there are two caveats. I feel it is quite heavy after about 2 hours. Also, I still think that it sounds bad without the plug-in, of course to my ears.
It is a very good headphone. I've owned a few Audeze headphones, including the LCD-4. The LCD-2CB is just as enjoyable a listen as the LCD-4. They are both fairly neutral sounding. I as EQ the LCD-2CB with my Loki and it responds very well to EQ. My recommendation to you is if you're going to audition other Audeze cans leave the LCD-4/4Z for last. They are that much better than the rest of the line up to my ears.

Mar 10, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #295 of 883
It is a very good headphone. I've owned a few Audeze headphones, including the LCD-4. The LCD-2CB is just as enjoyable a listen as the LCD-4. They are both fairly neutral sounding. I as EQ the LCD-2CB with my Loki and it responds very well to EQ. My recommendation to you is if you're going to audition other Audeze cans leave the LCD-4/4Z for last. They are that much better than the rest of the line up to my ears.
May I ask you why you sold the LCD-4?

Mar 10, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #296 of 883
Mar 11, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #298 of 883
Does anyone know the weight difference in the stock steel suspension headband vs the carbon?

Mar 12, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #299 of 883

Users who are viewing this thread

Back