Audeze Launch Event, 3 New Headphones! August 31st, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #16 of 29
My main issue with Audeze has always been the comfort. I doubt the 24 or the gaming one solves any of that, but I truly hope so.
The GX is their lightest LCD line model, somewhere around 400-450 grams

Aug 30, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #17 of 29
LCD-24? Is it a joke?

I really appreciate the Audeze's innovation capacity and the desire of launching new headphones.
They are contributing to stimulate and shake the market, for sure!

But I have read the attached review and the specs of the LCD-24 and I have the feeling to be reading the LCD-4Z marketing copy writing. Or even the previous LCD-MX4... or even... and so on!

In any case I will be glad to read early reviews about it.

Thanks!

Aug 30, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #18 of 29
LCD-24? Is it a joke?

I really appreciate the Audeze's innovation capacity and the desire of launching new headphones.
They are contributing to stimulate and shake the market, for sure!

But I have read the attached review and the specs of the LCD-24 and I have the feeling to be reading the LCD-4Z marketing copy writing. Or even the previous LCD-MX4... or even... and so on!

In any case I will be glad to read early reviews about it.

Thanks!
It is indeed real, here was some info Audeze gave me that I posted:
LCD-24 is quite similar as LCD4-z but with different sound signature.

LCD-24 is using LCD2 Magnetic Structure with Fluxor magnets. Magnetic Flux distribution is more linear, but magnetic induction is little lower which results in lower efficiency (1-2dB).

LCD-24 magnetic structure is more acoustically transparent which makes a little better sound resolution with slightly better imaging and wider sound stage.

Headphones are lighter for improved comfort.

Aug 30, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #19 of 29
It is indeed real, here was some info Audeze gave me that I posted:
LCD-24 is quite similar as LCD4-z but with different sound signature.
LCD-24 is using LCD2 Magnetic Structure with Fluxor magnets. Magnetic Flux distribution is more linear, but magnetic induction is little lower which results in lower efficiency (1-2dB).

LCD-24 magnetic structure is more acoustically transparent which makes a little better sound resolution with slightly better imaging and wider sound stage.

Headphones are lighter for improved comfort.
And all that makes it sound like it's going to be good.

Aug 31, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #20 of 29
The LCD-2/4 is the most comfortable Audeze headphone I’ve used, and also my favorite Audeze by a large margin. It is WIDE sounding and a very neutral signature with slight forward mids. It has excellent detail retrieval and mids has plenty of depth and body. My only (personal preference) nitpicks were I wish it had a more natural treble decay, upper mids be a bit smoother, and midbass be more punchy. Personally I think it pairs best with slightly warmer sounding systems (since bass is subdued but has good extension).
Didn’t think I’d ever like an Audeze headphone to this extent - you caught me by surprise!

3DFA88F6-0765-4933-BC74-3639B1A46A68.jpeg

Sep 1, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #21 of 29
So I went to the event, and got to try a bunch of Audezes, as well as the Mr Speakers Ether 2, which I really like a lot. Overall, I think I found my end game with the LCD-MX4. I paired it with the USB off my LG V-40 into a HUGO 2 Dac, and it sounds marvelous. The LCD-24 was unfortunately connected to a Dragonfly Red off of a laptop, and it didn't play well with it, in my opinion. I was able to pick up distortions in female voices (Ariana Grande, Mariah Carey, Heize), but I think it's the Dragonfly's fault.

The LCD-4z was WAY too bright and at times piercing. This was prominent in the tingling keyboards in the beginning of Alicia Key's "Like You Never See Me Again".

I also like the LCD-3, even though it's a bit dark compared to the LCD-MX4. LCD-4 is also really nice, although hard to drive. I'm hoping the LCD-24 is as easy to drive as the 4z, but with all that brightness reigned in. Gotta listen to it on a proper system, though. I wished I got back around to listening to it, but I got caught up listening to all the other Audezes before the Audeze guys had to leave.

Going to leave you all with photos of the event, or at least the gear. Didn't get a chance to take more photos, but I highly recommend going to The Source, though. Real knowledgeable people and a LOT of opportunities to really listen to a lot of high end systems like the CHORD Dave + Blu MKII M Scaler!

20190831_151611.jpg 20190831_151618.jpg 20190831_152944.jpg 20190831_153006_HDR.jpg 20190831_165542.jpg 20190831_165554.jpg 20190831_165601.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #22 of 29
The LCD-2/4 is the most comfortable Audeze headphone I’ve used, and also my favorite Audeze by a large margin. It is WIDE sounding and a very neutral signature with slight forward mids. It has excellent detail retrieval and mids has plenty of depth and body. My only (personal preference) nitpicks were I wish it had a more natural treble decay, upper mids be a bit smoother, and midbass be more punchy. Personally I think it pairs best with slightly warmer sounding systems (since bass is subdued but has good extension).
Didn’t think I’d ever like an Audeze headphone to this extent - you caught me by surprise!

I guess the bass is a lot more subdued than that of the LCD 4/4z? The 4/4z tend to have very punchy articulate bass.

Sep 1, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #23 of 29
I guess the bass is a lot more subdued than that of the LCD 4/4z? The 4/4z tend to have very punchy articulate bass.

Although I didn’t compare back to back, from memory the 4,4z had more midbass presence. But honestly I should not be the one making Audeze comparisons since I pretty much have been avoiding them until now.

Sep 1, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #24 of 29
The LCD-4 had a very nice punchy, articulate bass. I can't remember if the 4z has it too since I was too distracted by its piercing, fatiguing highs

Sep 1, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #25 of 29
The LCD-4 had a very nice punchy, articulate bass. I can't remember if the 4z has it too since I was too distracted by its piercing, fatiguing highs
I also enjoyed the mx4, it's a great headphone. Did you hear the LCD-GX by any chance? I also thought that one was really good

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #26 of 29
You are one of the few to say the 4z has fatiguing highs. I find it too dark and is generally known to be a warm to dark sounding headphone.

Sep 1, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #27 of 29
You are one of the few to say the 4z has fatiguing highs. I find it too dark and is generally known to be a warm to dark sounding headphone.

The guy who works at the Source said the same, that he thinks it's bright

Sep 1, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #28 of 29
I also enjoyed the mx4, it's a great headphone. Did you hear the LCD-GX by any chance? I also thought that one was really good

Yeah, the Gx was good, but they had it attached to a video game, so I only really heard it for the beginning of that game's long cinematic opening. It was pretty nice, though.

Sep 2, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #29 of 29
Thanks Audeze and TSAV for the chance to audition the new Audeze LCD-24 and LCD-i3, as well as all the other TOTL gear that TSAV offers.

I found the LCD-i3 to be a very nice sounding semi-IEM. The fit was quite a bother for me with the over-ear style harness. Perhaps the in-ear flange type harness would have worked better for me small ears. The frequency response was pleasantly neutral and offered very capable and airy resolution in the highs without being bright.

The LCD-24 was playing from a source with an artist I was unfamiliar with. It was a male vocalist with rock instruments. The stand out feature for me was the stage size and accuracy. Drum pans across the stage were very precise and clear, and the impact of the drum hits was exceptional as well. I wish I had more time with them but I was preoccupied with another situation.

Much appreciation to Alan for helping me demo lots of units. The theater rooms was no joke either :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back