Audeze iSine 20: Best EQ Setting with Cipher Cable?
Mar 22, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #16 of 23
Does the Bluetooth version of Cypher cable improve the sound as well as the lighning one?

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #17 of 23
Bump! Any input about the Bluetooth Cypher cable?

Apr 12, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #18 of 23
Not sure if you're still looking for input on this, however I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Bluetooth cipher cable applies the same DSP as the wired cipher cable. It's definitely an improvement over the 3.5mm cable without application of a parametric eq.

May 2, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #19 of 23
Not sure if you're still looking for input on this, however I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Bluetooth cipher cable applies the same DSP as the wired cipher cable. It's definitely an improvement over the 3.5mm cable without application of a parametric eq.
I have the Bluetooth cypher cable and the wired cypher one as well and I find the wired way better, hands down. And to make things worse, the Bluetooth cable is ugly with those bricks hanging, no LDAC support, is heavy and the connectors lose. I was hoping that at least I can have the earphones resting on my neck when not listening but the connectors are so weak the earphones keep on falling off and I don’t want them scratched, damaged or worse, lose one of them...

I bought the Anker USB-C to Lightning adapter and now I can use the wired cypher cable on any device with USB-C port with no loss of performance at all. It’s just that you need to have a iPhone to set the eq settings once.

Feb 9, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #20 of 23
Thanks romanas, very helpful comment. Weight is something to keep in mind with iSine20's fit being so fragile.
Which USB C Lightning adapter did you buy? I'm unable to find one with Lightning female and USB C male connectors.

Greetings, Rolf

Feb 19, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #22 of 23
Quite late to the game but I’ve just received the cipher bluetooth today as an (supposed to be) upgrade from my tattered ver 1 lightning cipher. This is a definite step down from my original cable tough, but I’m wondering if it’s due to the lack of EQ. Might try to mess around with some app with EQ, any opinion/suggestion about the tuning is greatly appreciated :beyersmile:

Feb 20, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #23 of 23
You can get a similar experience with a good eq. The reason I enjoy the lightning Cypher cable on iPhone so much more is because the eq settings are stored on it so I can enjoy the same sound experience with all applications. With the Bluetooth one you're limited to the one app that may have eq options, like Neutron. I found that on Samsung Android phones, the devices' native eq has similar frequencies as the lightning Cypher except is missing the 32Hz and has 16khz instead of 12khz. That, of course, doesn't mean you will necessarily get the same awesome sound and loudness you get from the Cypher cable. After all the Cypher cable v2 is also balanced and you get uncompressed high res audio sound if you use high res files, and that shows, you just can't match that with any Bluetooth setup. But if I set up the eq on the phone the same way as the eq in the Cypher lightning cable, I find the experience between the lightning Cypher with the Anker USB-C adapter and the Bluetooth Cypher cable quite decent. At least is a device-level eq so I get the same audio experience in all apps...

Personally, until now, I haven't touched the Bluetooth Cypher in almost a year. And I'm going right back to the lightning one, lol. I use both, iPhone and Android phones and since I got the Anker Lightning-to-USB-C adapter, I'm in heaven, I forgot about all the other ways I used to use these buds to get them deliver decent sound on Android (balanced cable and Earstudio ES100/Astell&Kern XB10)... Now I get the same great sound, the lightning Cypher v2 is really the best for iSine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back