Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Oct 13, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #7,171 of 7,352
I use a tripowin, not sure about spelling, 8 core wire from Amazon. Pretty inexpensive and I feel it's built much better than the stock cable.

Oct 13, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #7,173 of 7,352
is this the one? if so, does it fit perfectly with no issues?
It's the 2 pin .78 connector. Fits without issue, I did peal the heat shrink off so they would hand down straight.

Oct 13, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #7,174 of 7,352
Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #7,175 of 7,352
Oct 14, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #7,178 of 7,352
Ah thanks pointing that, I will search smaller cable core
I'm sure it will be fine just wanted you to be aware it could have an affect. In my use case I still use a wire clip on my shirt to help with this.

Oct 14, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #7,179 of 7,352
Hi I'm new to this thread

I have question, is there good alternative for audio cable (3.5mm) for audeze isine 10?
My original cable already teared (still can be used)

Thank you

I'm currently using this one. The main gripe with these cables is that the connector is loose and I had to use masking tape to thicken the connector so that it stayed inside the iSine with a more snug fit.
However you can also order another iSine cable here, but honestly the cable Audeze provides sucks as they are quite microphonic and the cable holds crinkles like a canadian dollar store earbud. Chinese dollar earbuds on the other hand... My goodness, their braided cables are like an art.

Also, the TFZ cable you linked will not work! As Audeze decided to put a notch in the housing that prevents the majority of 2 pin connectors from being inserted. lol.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #7,180 of 7,352
Any amp+dac that synergizes well with the i20's? I'm currently using an odac/o2 but I'm planning to leave it at work. I've been looking around but haven't really found a good option under 300usd and doesn't use a battery. I intend to keep the dac/amp always plugged in and don't want the battery to blow up.

Tough call here :)
I honestly find (despite the average comment around) that TO ME the i20 gets sinergies with many stuff I use, from single DAPs like Calyx M or Alien Plus, or DAC/AMP like Mojo and, more recently, a simple dongle like the Lotoo Paw S1. That little gem just seems to make them shine (I use them with a custom cable with 4.4 balanced), above all playin'around with some of the EQ that the S1 has.. And it has no battery. :wink:

Nov 10, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #7,181 of 7,352
Adorama has iSine10 (with 3.5mm cable) B-stock for $129, which is tempting. The clarity and imaging especially on the iSine10 was amazing when I tried it previously, but the fitment while well thought out made it uncomfortable and the sound was inconsistent for me. While it’s great that Audeze developed a Bluetooth module, I still think this design could benefit from going truly wireless.

Audeze typically has great deals around Black Friday, so I may consider adding another Audeze headphone around that time just because.

Nov 12, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #7,182 of 7,352
I've been using iSine 20 with a R6 > UAPP > Morphit > Q5 amp combination and have been happy with the resulting EQ'd sound.

I'm switching over to using a Mojo for the DAC/amp and will likely be using a R3 Pro as a transport for the Mojo (taking advantage of the matching size pairing in a 3D printed case).

My question: has any one had experience EQ'ing the iSine 20 using Hiby's MSEB or 10-band standard EQ? The R3 Pro streams Tidal/Qobuz like I want, but I won't have access to a parametric equalizer or Morphit. I'm trying to decide how best to EQ the iSine 20s without the benefit of UAPP and Tonebooster's excellent plugins (Morphit *or* PEQ).

TIA for any help!

Going through a similar Path, how did you "solve" It in the end? :)

I wonder if HiBy's DAP can replace my actual setup, but not being eventually able to run UAPP+Morphit+Tidal Is hard to accept :)

P.s. Try "generic HiFi target curve" under Morphit plugin with the Isine 20... Omg :)

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #7,183 of 7,352
Can anyone help with a wiring diagram on the cipher cable jack so I can do a little repair work? My cipher cable snapped off at the tip after a fairly minor drop so was hoping to do a little Frankensteining with an old lightning cable but Audeze CS wouldn’t provide.

Nov 14, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #7,184 of 7,352
I received my iSine 20 yesterday after a year with the iSine 10. The 20 had the Cypher v2 in the box, so i was happy to compare both as my 10 had the V1. Actually it's quite a disappointment, the V1 sounds better, the V2 sounds veiled and muddy in comparison. But the most exciting part was when i realised that the iSine 20 sounds so much better with a balanced cable on the Sony WM1A using 10 band EQ settings supplied here. Much better than the cypher V2 or V1 on my iPhone Xs.

Simply an amazing combo !

iSine20

I have the iSine 20 and the WM1A. Can you let me know which balanced cable you use are using and what EQ settings? Also have you heard them with the Cipher cable and then deduced that the balanced sound is better? Because those who have used them with Cipher say these turn into in ear headphones and they can never go back to another ear phone after that.

Dec 2, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #7,185 of 7,352
I just received my iSine 10 (b stock) from the Adorama Black Friday $119 deal. No cipher cable but I didn’t expect it at that price. I don’t need it anyway since I’m using it with Roon off my iPad which has a DSP preset for them built in.
It was well packaged as new with new tips and ear clips. Once I figured out the proper tips for my ears (the medium ridged ones) and got the correct ear clips on, they sound really good!! (using the Roon DSP preset for them).
I’m impressed. Bass is excellent! (a proper tip seal is critical here) And the treble is perfect to my ear. No sibilance issues so far. Mids maybe just slightly recessed but they sound fine...and very clean. Overall a very accurate, non fatiguing sound. Actually pretty similar to my calibrated monitors. Very nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back