Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Feb 21, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #4,906 of 7,352
I tried isine yesterday and I was What%$&'() , I think isine 10 sounded much better than LCD2, I was planning to order LCD2 Classic but now I am lost ... my question would be what are other open-back full size headphone options that have similar signature to the isine ? T.T

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #4,908 of 7,352
I tried isine yesterday and I was What%$&'() , I think isine 10 sounded much better than LCD2, I was planning to order LCD2 Classic but now I am lost ... my question would be what are other open-back full size headphone options that have similar signature to the isine ? T.T

Have you listened to the HiFiMan Edition X V2?
It was a close run between the two for me with a clear advantage in comfort for the Edition X, but at the end of the day, preferred the up-front dynamics of the LCD2 on close-mic’d Drums for example. Listened to the Edition X again yesterday at a dealer and still think they’re superb.
Could probably listen to them all day long

Feb 23, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #4,910 of 7,352
Curious to know if anyone has tried to obtain a different protective case for the iSines? Not finding the provided one to be protective or practical.
Have you looked at the Pelicase 1010?

Feb 23, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #4,911 of 7,352
Hello everyone, my iSine 20's will soon be back after a 2 month long RMA, and the shop I returned them to added a courtesy gift of including a Cipher cable.
I've been looking around and there doesn't seem to be a converter for android devices. I read that the lightning connector only works on iOS devices, but I take it there's no such thing as a Lightning-> USB converter for a Windows PC?

Feb 23, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #4,912 of 7,352
Hello everyone, my iSine 20's will soon be back after a 2 month long RMA, and the shop I returned them to added a courtesy gift of including a Cipher cable.
I've been looking around and there doesn't seem to be a converter for android devices. I read that the lightning connector only works on iOS devices, but I take it there's no such thing as a Lightning-> USB converter for a Windows PC?
Nope. You'll have to use eq on android devices.

Feb 23, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #4,913 of 7,352

There are some lightning to usb-c adapters but they all claim they can't do audio. I havent tried it because of that. I have a cypher cable i dont use. I did try it on my iPad but wasnt really that impressed. I prefer to just eq directly only my DAP or android device. I also really dislike the flat cable audeze chose to use.

Feb 24, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #4,914 of 7,352
My best eq settings for 20's yet. I'm very happy with these and absolutely astonished at the sound quality these headphones are capable of!!

enjoy! and as always any feedback is welcome.

these are eq apo settings.
filter 1 is a low shelf LS

Preamp: -8.5 dB
Filter 1: ON LS Fc 120 Hz Gain 2 dB
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 250 Hz Gain -3.5 dB Q 1
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -8.5 dB Q 1.5
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 7.5 dB Q .4

Feb 24, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #4,915 of 7,352
Yea and you should try the isine 20 if you would have the chance, it's between LCD2 - LCD3 signature
With the right (shorter) silicone tips i'm getting now the same full body of the LCD3

2500€ sound for only 600 :wink: i'm having my isine 20 baby's about 2 months now, they still keep impressing me every time i'm listening to them like on day 1

Feb 24, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #4,916 of 7,352
There are some lightning to usb-c adapters but they all claim they can't do audio. I havent tried it because of that. I have a cypher cable i dont use. I did try it on my iPad but wasnt really that impressed. I prefer to just eq directly only my DAP or android device. I also really dislike the flat cable audeze chose to use.
The flat cable is the original V1. The newer cable V2 is like a normal cable (rounded).

Feb 24, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #4,917 of 7,352
I've been loving my iSine 20. But...I've been curious about the LCDi4. How much better can the Audeze in-ear headphone sound get for $2495?

Feb 24, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #4,918 of 7,352
The flat cable is the original V1. The newer cable V2 is like a normal cable (rounded).

Oh good to know but still doesn't help my use case. :)

I am content using a modified KZ cable for now until my 2-pin and balanced connectors arrive so I can make my own cable.

Feb 25, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #4,919 of 7,352
well i listened to lcd-x , hifiman edition x2, lcd-2 from powered amps and still prefer the isine 10 out of my mobile ! LOL isine come very close to the L700 image and separation with better bass response, L700 is better in every other area though.

Feb 25, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #4,920 of 7,352
The Ear Studio ES100 and iSine work well together as a semi-wireless solution! It's a very solid Bluetooth adapter I just received and the best part is that it has on-board memory eq which you can control via the app for android/iOS. It also works as a usb-audio device on my android, so this essentially is a Cipher cable alternative for Android and other devices.

t4lJzII - Imgur.jpg

eCrMuM2 - Imgur.png

...And just for fun... pew pew!

phhqK4l - Imgur.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back